SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Since Letting Go, Seems Like No One At the Wheel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Since Letting Go, Seems Like No One At the Wheel

Hello Friends. Some of you may know, my big issue since coming here to SI has been "laying down my life". I realize I have been a "striving, earnest kind of Christian" (quote from My Utmost, Jan. 15th). I first read that particular devotion in 1995. It struck me so hard, I've never forgotten it. I began, from that day on, to really try to go to the cemetary. Here it is almost 10 years later, and I think I have come a long way. However, since letting go so much in this past year, it feels like no one is at the helm of my life. I have stopped striving and fretting to provide for myself, yet now, the thing that I feared which kept me striving in my own strength, looms closer than ever. Financial ruin is breathing down my neck. I'm still working hard, just not as hard as I used to. I used to be obsessive. I used to outrun financial disaster by working harder. I was so tired. Now, I gave the care of my life to God, but it seems this ship may go down. Someone help me see the truth here. I've run the gamut of thoughts and emotions. I've spent a good bit of time angry with my husband because he doesn't pick up the ball. But, that anger with him is spiritually devastating to me. I can't lay the blame on him. I need help just in seeing this whole thing through God's eyes. Anyone have any comments? I know there are those here who have gotten beyond this section of trail. I appreciate ya. Dian.

2004/11/29 6:17Profile
Rahman

Re: Since Letting Go, Seems Like No One At the Wheel

Comment revoked ...

2004/11/29 6:28Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Get this book! ...

I ordered it. Thanks. Dian.

2004/11/29 6:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

In that thread it has been exposed that that teacher is quite false and is teaching doctrines that are false. I would not get that book or read it. There is much shaff being printed where of course there can be some good things gleamed from it but overall we need to be very careful and selective over what we read and spend our time doing. John Welsey said "I am a man of ONE book" may it be with us also.

2004/11/29 10:47Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re:

Sounds like a really difficult situation, but I always think of II Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness."

Financial security seems like something worthwhile, but really Jesus truly IS everything we need for life! He has promised us Himself and to take care of us. He may not take care of us how we want Him to, though.

Don't let there be no one at the helm of your life. Make Christ the captain of the ship! I sat around for a long time saying "God, take control", but we have to conciously GIVE Him control in everything, all day. He must really be LORD!

I've never read that book, but even the title makes me wary. I struggled a long time with self-help stuff. A lot of it is good, but none of it can really fix the soul, which is what we need. Paul said in I Corinthians that he refused to know anything except "Jesus Christ and Him crucified". That really is enough. HE is really enough...

Phebe

2004/11/29 11:43Profile
Rahman

Re:

Comment revoked ...

2004/11/29 11:45Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re:

Why would we want to know if it led her down a false path? My goodness, the last thing someone realizes if they're going down a false path is that they are on one! Better to just avoid the whole thing...

2004/11/29 11:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In the meanwhile what do you suggest she do/read regarding her posted plight?

[b]Absolute Surrender[/b] by Andrew Murray
[b]Night of Weeping[/b] by Horatious Bonar

Quote:
Why would we want to know if it led her down a false path? My goodness, the last thing someone realizes if they're going down a false path is that they are on one! Better to just avoid the whole thing...

Phobe.. my reasoning is exactly that!

2004/11/29 11:57Profile
Rahman

Re: Please Remove My Posts To This Thread ...

Brother Greg ...

i have removed my post from this thread, as i don't want to introduce something you're not comfortable with, and cause dissention ... ...

Br. R

2004/11/29 12:19Profile
Spitfire

Re: Since Letting Go, Seems Like No One At the Wheel

Hey Fellers, don't get into a huff over it. I'll just stick it on the shelf with the hundreds of other books that were of no help to me. I'm smarter than that. :-D I didn't come this far to be walking around in a cute Christian suit. I'm going down like a lead balloon. All the way down into the ground. Jesus Be Praised!

2004/11/29 13:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy