Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Another Gospel, Another Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen, it is both.

I cannot be a son, without God working as Father.

God cannot be a Father, without me striving to be his son.

God is our Creator and Father and has every right to make of Me what He wants.

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto <eis> <hos> I <kopiao> also <kai> labour <kopiao>, striving <agonizomai> according to <kata> his <autos> working <energeia>, which <ho> worketh <energeo> in <en> me <emoi> mightily <en> <dunamis>.

God worketh, we labor in that work.
worketh;
Strong's Greek Dictionary
1754. energeo
Search for G1754 in KJVSL
energew energeo en-erg-eh'-o
from 1756; to be active, efficient:--do, (be) effectual (fervent), be mighty in, shew forth self, work (effectually in).

Our Labor; Strong's Greek Dictionary
2872. kopiao
Search for G2872 in KJVSL
kopiaw kopiao kop-ee-ah'-o
from a derivative of 2873; to feel fatigue; by implication, to work hard:--(bestow) labour, toil, be wearied.

And according to that working we
Strive; Strong's Greek Dictionary
75. agonizomai
Search for G75 in KJVSL
agwnizomai agonizomai ag-o-nid'-zom-ahee
from 73; to struggle, literally (to compete for a prize), figuratively (to contend with an adversary), or genitive case (to endeavor to accomplish something):--fight, labor fervently, strive.

Who is our adversary? my old man mind of Satan and self.

In Christ my new man and self, by the Fathers Seed: Phillip

2011/4/28 17:48Profile

Re:

Isn't our striving to "pick up our cross, deny self so that we remain in Him".

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Our striving is to turn away from ourselves and to turn to Him. In Matt 7, He says I never KNEW you. This is an intimate "KNOWING" like a husband and a wife. In the parable of the 10 virgins, the 5 virgins that were locked out knocked and knocked and wanted in, and the Lord said, "I do not know" you again.

It's not about performance, but about knowing Him through relationship. Mary chose the good part, Martha was busy about too many things.

I think this might be what Joe is getting at.

Song of Songs is the Holy of Holies for the Christian and describes the relationship between Jesus Christ and His Bride in extremely descriptive, and romantic language.

Could it be??? Could it be, that our life with the Lord is more than going to church on Sunday and doing works? Why, these things have nothing to do with our love walk with the Lord. If we don't press on to KNOW Him, one day He will say, "I don't know you."

Song of Songs is like Lord of Lords or King of Kings, meaning it is the Song of all Songs just as Jesus is the Lord and King of all lords and kings.

I was particulary struck by Hosea 2:16 and it reminded me of the Song of Solomon or Song of Songs as it is known.

There is a level of relationship in the Song of Songs that God wants us to know about experientally in this life. A level of love and trust that is foreign to us.

I was going to list scriptures, but better you read SOS on your own and let the Holy Spirit speak to your heart about what your life with God is supposed to be about.

A777

2011/4/28 18:14
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

None of this can be accomplished without Christ in us, that includes His love affair with our Father, No love affair with God, all striving is vain, all labor is worthless.

What does a Father an Mother want most from their children, obedience or LOVE, LOVE which will freely give obedience.

Quote:

"""
I cannot be a son, without God working as Father.

God cannot be a Father, without me striving to be his son.

God is our Creator and Father and has every right to make of Me what He wants.

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto <eis> <hos> I <kopiao> also <kai> labour <kopiao>, striving <agonizomai> according to <kata> his <autos> working <energeia>, which <ho> worketh <energeo> in <en> me <emoi> mightily <en> <dunamis>.

God worketh, we labor in that work.
worketh;
Strong's Greek Dictionary
1754. energeo
Search for G1754 in KJVSL
energew energeo en-erg-eh'-o
from 1756; to be active, efficient:--do, (be) effectual (fervent), be mighty in, shew forth self, work (effectually in).

Our Labor; Strong's Greek Dictionary
2872. kopiao
Search for G2872 in KJVSL
kopiaw kopiao kop-ee-ah'-o
from a derivative of 2873; to feel fatigue; by implication, to work hard:--(bestow) labour, toil, be wearied.

And according to that working we
Strive; Strong's Greek Dictionary
75. agonizomai
Search for G75 in KJVSL
agwnizomai agonizomai ag-o-nid'-zom-ahee
from 73; to struggle, literally (to compete for a prize), figuratively (to contend with an adversary), or genitive case (to endeavor to accomplish something):--fight, labor fervently, strive.

Who is our adversary? my old man mind of Satan and self.

In Christ my new man and self, by the Fathers Seed: Phillip"""

Without Love all this is a clanging cymbal, ""I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.""

Who's Love are we? In Christ: Phillip

2011/4/28 18:27Profile

Re:

Col 1:28.29 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Though that wouldn't have been the verse I would have chosen, as Paul here is talking about his ministry of preaching, warning and teaching - the principle you've given is Good.

"Who is our adversary? my old man mind of Satan and self."

the old mind of satan and self being one in the same entity.

The world, the flesh [self] and the devil - are what we're striving or "warreth" against, I believe.

Gal 6:7-9

Thanks Philip.

2011/4/28 19:04

Re:

Somehow didn't see your second post.

Obedience out of Love for GOD/Jesus is a good answer...Lots of love, Amen.

2011/4/28 19:08
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Another Gospel, Another Jesus

Thank you Mike for keeping us on target. This following part particularly struck me as vital...

Quote:
God is calling His church to put first things first and to return to the Word and prayer. Our primary ministry is to minister to the Lord in the inner court. When we spend time with the Lord in His presence, then we will have something spiritual to give to the people in the outer court.

I am reminded of the following passage of Scripture...

And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
(Luke 17:5-10)

In Christ,

Ron

2011/4/28 19:27Profile

Re:

Praise GOD!

2011/4/28 19:36

Re:

Didn't want us to lose the bottomline of this that our Brother wrote. It certainly seems to be the bottomline -

"God is calling His church to put first things first and to return to the Word and prayer. Our primary ministry is to minister to the Lord in the inner court. When we spend time with the Lord in His presence, then we will have something spiritual to give to the people in the outer court.

If our eye is single then our whole body shall be flooded with light. True change and transformation comes through beholding the Lord. It is as we seek His face, and see the glory of His wondrous Person, His character and nature, that we are becoming more and more like Him

In His Love"

2011/4/29 11:19
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen JiG!

This is what it's all about. We were created to have fellowship with God. We are changed by being in His Presence - from Glory to Glory. The more we get to know Him the more we will fall in love with Him. Spending time & seeking His face is different than studying. Spending time is reading His Word, meditating on Him, allowing Him to speak to us. Be still and know that He is God. He has things to share with us intimately. He longs for this kind of fellowship. He is worthy of our time and fellowship. Glory to His Name.

2011/4/29 11:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy