SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Circular Reasoning...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Re:

I need to apologise for the way i have awnsered on this post. I am not happy with the awnsers i have given as they are incomplete and all over the place. The Holy spirit is directing me to study this from a stronger biblical view. It is hard for me to communicate in writing as my gifts are more in speech and visualisation. Thankyou for posting this post as well as the replies as the Lord is going to deepen my understanding in this area. :)

2011/4/27 21:57Profile
Elihu17

Re: Circular Reasoning...

Hebrews 6:16 "For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end to all strife."

Hebrews 6:13 "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself."

Even God uses some circular reasoning.
Why do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?
God says it is.
where does He say that? The Bible.
2 Timothy 3:16 "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God,"

I believe by faith that the Bible is the infallible word of God because it claims to be the word of God. The Bible uses circular reasoning to prove itself.

"Everybody must use some degree of circular reasoning to defend their ultimate standard. Even God." Dr. Jason Lisle

2011/4/27 22:57Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

No worries Crusader, I thought you answered the question quite well and I at least understood what you were saying :) Practice makes perfect, another good practice is rereading what you typed and asking Does it make sense and is it all I want to say?" I am more of a writer than a speaker so perhaps we can learn from each other eh? Anyways don't be discouraged a great multitude here are quite forgiving on the forum. :)

2011/4/28 2:10Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi Elihu17

in responce to your question. I personally wouldnt awnser that question with that response because i can see the trap already. I have seen this responce to this question many times and it becomes more of a battle of memory and intellect with few spiritual victories.

1. what is the question trying to state or assume?
2. secondly what is the intent behind the question because it is principalities that we are fighting against not flesh and blood.
3. what kind of soil (heart) are you putting the seed of God on because their is a different responce for each.

recent example that happened with me

- Co-worker: i have studyed theology and i dont believe the bible is the word of God but made up of men
- me: I can see that you want a debate
- Co-worker: yeah because i will floor your arguments
- me: Then what you are wanting is a fight
- Co-worker: yeah because i am bored
- Me: I personally know there is a God because of the relationship i have with him.

i gave my friend my testimony of how i was angry and hurting and it was Jesus that showed me love and delivered me from the life of destruction that i was in. My Co-worker broke down in heavy tears and it was at this point that i was able to talk about the living word to her.

in this case it was the truth in my testimony that instilled hope to her that God is real and wared against her own principalities. the awnser to a question should always be lead by the holy spirit as it is Jesus who knows what someones heart condition is the bible then backs this up.

2011/4/28 2:28Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

this post and the responces has been such a blessing for me as while we are chewing the cud on this my clients are throwing circular reasoning at me all day and i feel that this is deffinatley sharpening the sword in my understanding.

an underground crime figure made this statement to me today:

"i need to change my life but i cant because i cant escape my life"

his reasoning was so full of dead ends and no hope that the enemy has drove him to a cliff in his thinking.the next step will be jumping so i have to be vigilent in prayer for this man. most of my clients thoughts revolve around circular reasoning hence why they take drugs to escape it.

2011/4/28 5:07Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

Thanks all for the Circular Reasoning test. I figured I had found something good that I can use, but I wanted to test it with others.

As far as God declaring something is true therefore it is, I couldn't agree with you more. I know that God too cannot lie, therefore His word must be true. But if I am a sin loving sinner who wants to justify everything I do, not only must the Holy Spirit reveal the truth of Gods word to me, but we also must endeavor to stop the mouths of those who say it isn't.

I don't want to go on rabbit trails. I prefer this thread to remain as is for future use. Once again, I thank you all for the verification. God Bless.

2011/4/29 7:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy