SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Eternal Life Depends on Abiding In The Vine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Eternal Life Depends on Abiding In The Vine

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned." (John 15:4-7)

- - - - - - -

"Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field." He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." (Matthew 13:36-43)
- - - - - - -

He said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand." (Daniel 12:9-10)

- - - - - - -

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor. 6:9-11)

- - - - - - -

"No true child of God perishes—hold that fast; but this is the badge of a true child of God: that a man endures to the end" -C.H. Spurgeon

2011/4/25 22:25Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re: Eternal Life Depends on Abiding In The Vine

Amen!

2011/4/26 2:25Profile
looserchapel

Brest, France

Re: Eternal Life Depends on Abiding In The Vine

AMEN!!

Even though, I have to be honest, I slightly disagree with Brother Spurgeon with regard to the true/false "perish-able" child of God. I mean, Jesus- The Lord Himself- warned his disciples, I think it's better/wiser to humbly accept His warning AS IT IS, without bringing out our own agenda on soteriology and other -ism. Has the "yes" and "amen"-attitude toward God's promises been changed?

2011/4/26 4:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy