SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RefRev

Alabama

Healing

I'm dealing with some complications from a couple of weightlifing accidents while preparing for contests. There are disc problems in the neck and abdominal problems as well that have kept me from getting much sleep for the past few years.
I realize this doesn't sound too much like a Spiritual persuit, but I believe the Lord led me into this sport as an outreach. There are seveal christians in strength sports, but there is still much need there. I have stopped competion, but still workout with the folks, and some visit my church. It has been the first time for some to have ever heard the gospel. Last year, a man and his wife from the gym, came to our Ressurection Day service, and after, they said they never new the holiday (they call easter)had anything to do with Jesus, till now.

2011/4/23 11:28Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Healing

Hello RefRev,

Sorry for your complications. If it wasn't the weightlifting it would have been something else, we all have aches and pains as a result of living on this Earth.

I am delighted to read this

Quote:
came to our Ressurection Day service, and after, they said they never new the holiday (they call easter)had anything to do with Jesus, till now.

That should make the discomfort bearable. Consider the pains Jesus had from the beatings & crucifixion, they make our pains of no importance.

Consider the Apostle Paul's words,
Quote:
2nd Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

When I awake during the night with pain, I Thank God for it. The weaker I become, the stronger He is. Praise Jesus

kind regards,
white stone

P.S. Have you tried a 'tens unit' for the pain? They help to some degree for the body, not the soul. :)

2011/4/23 12:27Profile
RefRev

Alabama

Re: Healing

Thank you for that. Yes the tens stimulator has helped restimultate impinged nerves.

2011/4/23 13:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy