SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the Gospel- Comparing it to Lordship Salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Lkid,

Quote:
If He isn't Lord of All (in my life) then He isn't Lord at all. Meaning if I haven't surrendered completely in all areas of my life, then its because i wasn't ever truly saved.

I believe this is where you were misinformed - and possibly the local religious hierarchy knew they were doing so. If a person gets as far as learning to preach, maybe getting certificated somehow, then they would know what they 'ought' to be proclaiming. But I don't wish to slander anyone.

What you should have been taught, is that Jesus Christ became Lord by conquering sin and death. He is LORD whether you turn to Him for salvation, or not. He could not save you from sin, death, wrath or an eternal grave UNLESS He is already Lord. The effectiveness of Christ's death is what clinches the sovereignty of God, for if Christ had died, but had not destroyed the devil, we would be of all men most miserable. But because He did, and He did because He was pure, holy, perfect, righteous, a sacrifice which God could accept, God was able to raise Him from death and give Him a name above every name, whereby we MUST be saved.

It is a real contortion of eternal truth to tell a believer that if they don't have victory in every area of their life then ... (the things you said) which were condemning..

Christ came to GIVE us the victory, not to make us 'work' for it - although once we are His, we love to serve Him.

Quote:
I have to disagree with that as I am still finding areas in my life that i have to surrender to Him and other areas that I had surrendered previously but that I have grabbed hold of the reigns again and must yet again submit them to Him.

What you've described here is normal.

2011/4/30 15:56

Re: What is the Gospel- Comparing it to Lordship Salvation

...Deleted...

2011/4/30 16:10
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Alive-to-God said:

Quote:

If there was a 'like' button here, I would be punching the daylights out of it. :)

ws

2011/4/30 16:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I am not a do'er, I am a be'er.

I am who I am by the Christ in me and what He did and does.

God is not interested in what I do, but what Jesus did and does in me.

He has made me a be'er, to be what God in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the whole world, chose me to "be" in Christ Eph 1:4.

I cannot be in Christ without Christ being in me, that is who I am. The be'er whom Christ died for. Being whom He intended me to be, by the Christ in me. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, (The Christ in us) all else will be added unto us. If I have a wet sock, then the water is in the sock. If I am a new creature, then God's Son is birthed in me.

If we be, then we do the things the One who is life does and we are be'ers'.

A be'er in Christ not a do'er of self: Phillip

2011/4/30 16:47Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:

Amen, no disagreement there. James, after speaking of works as evidence of faith goes on to say, "for we all stumble in many things"(James 3:2). I certainly can attest to that and would never want to give the impression that I consider myself holier than thou. I have many areas the Lord continues to deal with me on. That said, I realize that as a preacher of God's Word I will be held accountable if I water down or sugar coat His message of repentance and faith in Christ and the truth of the new birth or any other truths of Scripture.

I thought of this video of preacher Tim Conway which I think gives a good example of preaching the Lordship of Christ. I'm posting the link here because I know the founder of this website is fond of Tim Conway's ministry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s19TU7F6QfI&playnext=1&list=PL8F85A8B31DCFF0B4

2011/4/30 16:50Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Disclaimer regarding last post,
toward the end of the video Conway mentions his belief in tithing, a belief which I completely disagree with. Other than that I thought the video was noteworthy.

2011/4/30 17:10Profile

Re: What is the Gospel- Comparing it to Lordship Salvation

Hi OJ,

Quote:
Out of love's sake I despise heaping more of my own sin on my Saviour and more…

A couple of thoughts from other people I would like to pass on. I believe the idea is the same in these two verses - that we roll ourselves - our burdens - on to Him.

Psalm 22:8 He trusted on the LORD [that] he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

{He trusted...: Heb. He rolled himself on}

and

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

'No waiting or preparation is so much as hinted at. Drinking represents a reception for which no fitness is required. A fool, a thief, a harlot can drink; and so sinfulness of character is no bar to the invitation to believe in Jesus. We want no golden cup, no bejewelled chalice, in which to convey the water to the thirsty; the mouth of poverty is welcome to stoop down and quaff the flowing flood. Blistered, leprous, filthy lips may touch the stream of divine love; they cannot pollute it, but shall themselves be purified. Jesus is the fount of hope. Dear reader, hear the dear Redeemer’s loving voice as he cries to each of us,

“IF ANY MAN THIRST, LET HIM COME UNTO ME AND DRINK.”

(From Spurgeon's Morning and Evening - last paragraph, morning,
31st December - probably my favourite.
ccel.org/ccel/spurgeon/morneve.d1231am.html)

White_Stone said,
Quote:
If there was a 'like' button here, I would be punching the daylights out of it. :)

Probably it's as well that there isn't, then. ;-)

2011/4/30 17:30

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy