SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : i want to bless God for the friends i've made ....RIGHT HERE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

Thank you for including me, as I am fairly new here. And you can continue to pray for me :) (I surely need it)....

2011/4/23 23:47Profile
Compton

Re: a Good Day

Bless you Natan. Just a few days ago, I was re-reading some of our first PM corresondence on this website from several years ago....

Mike

2011/4/23 23:55Profile
Jeremy221

Re: He is risen INDEED!

He is risen Indeed!

2011/4/24 2:49Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: i want to bless God for the friends i've made ....RIGHT HERE

Neil, thanks for being my friend as well. I also appreciate all the friends I have made, especially since I don't have many friends to begin with. I think I actually have more friend on here than I do here where I live oddly enough.

I love you heart brother and the wisdom you have shared with me along with the prayers you have prayed for me. I look forward to deeper fellowship with you in the future.

Love you man!
Matthew

2011/4/24 3:09Profile

to Matty and Mikey

Dear Matthew, as well i thank and bless you for being my friend and brother, if i ever seem dodgy on the facebook im, its only because i cant type fast AND well. posting is different, because i can take my time...so please dont think i'm being dodgy. i long for real time fellowship with you, my dearest Matthew.

Mikey C! cant wait to see you, and i thank God that He impelled us to cross paths in this brief journey, you are a good Godly man, and i love listening to you speak. When i think of you, my mind turns to Count Zinzendorff.

"Count Zinzendorff, neil? why?" you might ask.

this might sound "childish", but bear with my foolishness a second. i thank God i've never been cursed with the love/lust for money, but sometimes i wish i had the resources to do what Zinzendorff did with his property at Hernhutt, meaning he opened it up to the persecuted remnant of the Moravians, and they all made intentional communitas to Christ.

i wish i had a couple thousand acres, devote to the Lord, open to the saints. a new American Hernhutt. i'm not speaking of some weird cultish thing, like Koresh at Waco, or jim jones and those poor souls. Zinzendorff was not like those men, he had no desire to lord anything over anyone, he just loved Jesus and Jesus' followers, the saints.

and what they, the Moravians DID at Hernhutt! they were the first saints in the modern era to send out missionaries, they were blessed with a 100 year prayer meeting, they actaully had the annointing to ask Jesus to be Pastor of their Church. to read of what happened at Hernhutt, and Zinzendorff's life is really profitable; true, they went thru what Zinzendorff described as a period of "childishness" behavior, that brought great reproach on the ministry, but God heard their plea's and turned this childishness to child-like Faith. it was probably akin to what you see with some of these weird ministries with their "holy drunkeness", and "holy laughter', and the "gold dust" out of teeth. i dont want to name names, or denominations that foster this irrevance to God, we know who they are.

But Praise God, He did give me 5.7 acres, and i want to devote it to Him, and whatever meager abilities i have to serve Him, hence i long to see you, in that we can share in the ministry of prayer, and of helps. God only knows what that will be.

Mikey, i feel like a child, in that, i'm not sure of His Calling on me. His Hand rests heavy on me, and i feel its time to wait on His Small Still Voice, but like others of my ilk, i'm sometimess stiff necked and disobedient, but the True blessing of this thread and my public thankfullness, is that i KNOW i'm not alone, meaning it comforts me with a Godly comfort in the Knowledge that i have many brothers and sisters IN Jesus.

i love Jesus, because He first loved me. i love Jesus because He is Precious, and His Love is so Real, that no human words can describe His Love. Neither Heaven nor hell concern me, in my desire to serve Him, to love God with all my heart mind body strength and soul. If only hell awaited this earthly journey of body and soul, i still only desire to serve Him and Love Him, and i pray for the saints that think of Jesus as a "get out of hell free" card, that they recieve a greater Revelation as to why they follow Jesus, confess Jesus as Lord. Because He is Lovely, Powerful Meek and Humble, and in his Truth Grace and Mercy FREED us from the bonds and fear of death. They hold no sway or power over us, we just fix our eyes on Jesus and we wont sink beneath the waves.

i know we three pray together what the disciples asked of the Lord Jesus, "Increase our Faith!"...amen.

He is risen!

Though the time grows short, and the days get darker and darker, we still have work to do, there is still Light enough, and our course is not complete, in Jesus' Name i pray, amen.

neil

2011/4/24 11:42
Compton

Re: to Matty and Mikey

"Mikey, i feel like a child, in that, i'm not sure of His Calling on me."

Natan,

How wonderfully open you are to admit you don't know this. I'll join you in this uncertainty. While I imagine being sure of a calling must be a powerful mode of existance, I think it is best to stay "not sure" of our callings untill that time rather then to claim one for ourselves, or to take some gifts of the spirit test, or to assert some office for ourselves in the assembly. You are open to letting what has been emerging in your life over the years come into focus over time!

And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?” ( Esth. 4:13,) "Who knows...or such a time as this" was a sincere conversation between two faifthful, loyal, and yet desperate hearts in the bible. This shows that we can be faithful and loyal servants of God, kept by his grace, and yet still not be sure of our calling or purpose in this life.

You say you feel like a child? What a blessed feeling that is! A child has a generative power many adults do not have. In recent years I have had the pleasure and unction to write and speak on the need for creatvity in all areas of life in these upending times. One thing Ive been amazed at is the lateral freedom of a child to create, compared to the so-called curmudgeony experts, and the deep siloed pits they put themselves into.

Unlike animals ( even parrots), children demonstrate they are made in the image of God by their innate capacity for not just imitating language, but generating language. You in particular, being a gifted and working writer, know this better then I! Before we were taught English or German or Chinese, our little brains were pre-wired for langauge. This is why a child can generate original sentences no one has taught them to say. We are generative creatures, made in God's image. We can speak, write, paint, perform, build, and engineer new ideas endlessly. We look towards the future.

My point here is that you are heading towards something unknown with your 5+ acres...and it is quite okay that you do not have the full picture yet. There is no need for external rationalization for you to have the answer today. Afterall, in order for you to have the right ansers, the right questions have had to be asked. And perhaps, the right questions as to why you feel the need to be on that land wont be apparent, untill our present situation is radically changed. It may be you have the answers to a test that none of us have been asked to take quite yet.

I leave you with Oswald Chambers. One of my most favorite of his...which is saying quite alot.

The Graciousness of Uncertainty
"It doth not yet appear what we shall be." 1 John 3:2

Naturally, we are inclined to be so mathematical and calculating that we look upon uncertainty as a bad thing. We imagine that we have to reach some end, but that is not the nature of spiritual life. The nature of spiritual life is that we are certain in our uncertainty, consequently we do not make our nests anywhere. Common sense says - "Well, supposing I were in that condition . . ." We cannot suppose ourselves in any condition we have never been in.

Certainty is the mark of the common-sense life: gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth. This is generally said with a sigh of sadness, it should be rather an expression of breathless expectation. We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God. Immediately we abandon to God, and do the duty that lies nearest, He packs our life with surprises all the time. When we become advocates of a creed, something dies; we do not believe God, we only believe our belief about Him. Jesus said, "Except ye become as little children." Spiritual life is the life of a child. We are not uncertain of God, but uncertain of what He is going to do next. If we are only certain in our beliefs, we get dignified and severe and have the ban of finality about our views; but when we are rightly related to God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy.

"Believe also in Me," said Jesus, not - "Believe certain things about Me." Leave the whole thing to Him, it is gloriously uncertain how He will come in, but He will come. Remain loyal to Him."

Blessings Natan, and my fellow SI brethren.

Mike

2011/4/24 17:24Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: to Matty and Mikey

Ah Brother Neil, no worries friend! I have never thought you were trying to dodge me :). Also feel free to give me a call sometime in the evening times when you feel lead to, I always love talking with you over the phone.

You have greatly helped me in my times of uncertainity and doubt to direct me to the Book and the Saviour through Faith. When the economy fails I may just have to come live with you, I may not be farm savy but I got a strong back plus my wife is working on her nursing degree so we may just have medical aid in times of need. :) I really don't say this jokingly but I take it quite seriously time is short as you already know. I look forward to meeting you face to face and being able to give you a big hug and thank you for being there for me.

2011/4/24 20:40Profile

Re: beloved Matty

Quote:
You have greatly helped me in my times of uncertainity and doubt to direct me to the Book and the Saviour through Faith.

you honor me more than warrants this weak frame, let's give Glory to Jesus, God the Holy Ghost that works in us, thru us, and serves to Glorify the Name above ALL Names.

i didnt know this Matt. but i laugh when i read this from you:

Quote:
When the economy fails I may just have to come live with you, I may not be farm savy but I got a strong back plus my wife is working on her nursing degree so we may just have medical aid in times of need. :) I really don't say this jokingly but I take it quite seriously time is short as you already know.

i'm not laughing at you, or laughing derisively...no, no, i laugh because i say, "okaaaaay".....i'm teasing you, i say, "good, come, bring any supplies, even things you might not think are of use".....i should buy a dozen copies of "Life Together" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer....its a Godly roadmap on intentional community...truly.

But in the mean...yes!....God willing, you and the wife should come up and visit, you'd be most welcome treasured guests....now you might see a few secular "ungodly" types around, some of these are dear old friends,some are blood family, others might be "in-law's"...fret not, a very quiet gentle Witness is upon them, Jesus and Him crucified IS being witnessed to them, via Word, or words, and deed, and love, and forebearance, and example.

you know what the Lord said about a prophet in his own hometown, family and old friends are the TOUGHEST evangel, they KNOW you, they KNEW the terrible sinner, the old man, so if i do the "holy saint" on them...the results are most unproductive. If i change, THRU Christ, old behavior patterns, they see this and THAT is the Witness, that allows you to engage them in dialogue about Divine Things without any eye rolling.\

These are people i love! I WILL NOT LET THEM GO!!!....i cant let them go, so you might see a few of my dear ones around, you have yet to succomb to the Love of Jesus...patience, God is so Good, so Powerful...i vow to let Him do the Work, and thank Him for letting me work in the Vineyard. Patience, one by one, they are being converted...one by one, i can speak to them of God, the Word of God, the Works of God.

for example, my mother, (who would scream if she knew i was writing about her, so ssh!) my mother, a Jew by birth, in her 70's, reads astrological charts, tarot cards, ..FOR MONEY..."believes in reincarnation", etc etc...the toughest one of all....TODAY, God spoke Messiah in her soul. She called today, just bereft, crying, besides herself. You see, my father, her ex-husband, who she hasnt seen nor spoke to since the 70's, died in late Feb this year, and she was crying over him and others who've died, because "they're all gone", she said.

so first i made her laugh.

"how'd you do that?"

Matt, i dont know, God is the Author of All, Jesus lives in me, given the right time, i can make people laugh, i dont know HOW, but she was laughing, then i said to her;

"Mommy, listen to me, you know some of the griefs i been going thru, right? Well, when i'm getting really crushed, i close my eyes, and ask God, "Please God, just comfort my heart", and you wont believe what happens next. IF your heart is truly open to Him, and you believe in Him, than something utterly supernatural will happen, the Peace that transcends all understanding will come upon you".

she even finished that last sentence with me! "The Peace (Shalom) that transcends..."

so i concluded by saying, "Mommy, when you hang up...(yes! 51 years old, i still call her "Mommy"...so what!)....just close your eyes, and pray, "Please God, just comfort my heart" and you watch what happens".

an hour later i get the call back, "You won't believe what happened!! i prayed and this Comfort and Peace just came over me!"

meanwhile, in my heart, i'm just praising God, thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus!!...silently, and she was just estatic, it was truly a beautiful Moment of the Blood of the Lamb and the Ministry of the Holy Spirit at work, and obviously it had nothing to do with me, i'm just so blessed to even be used by Him as His doulous, His slave.

so then i said to her, "they are not all gone"...meaning deceased family members.

(the time was not right to deal with issues of Heaven and hell, she wouldnt have recieved that, put too heavy handed a witness on family members, they will flee, let God be God, we plant the Seed, others water, the Holy Ghost, in His Wisdom, sometimes, MERCIFULLY will take over, and do the rest of the Work, thats why in true Revivals, you see hapless sinners brought to a Saving Knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ without any human instrument preaching a word, listen to the testimonies of Duncan Campbell about the Hebridean Revival and this Truth is underlined. People were falling out in fields at 2 in the morning, slain under deep conviction of sin and the barren state of their souls)

so i spoke to her of the Heavenly Jerusalem, tenderly, and then told her, "thats why i absolutely refute "reincarnation"...imagine that!, God wants us to go thru THIS....again?!?......

oh she started to holler and protest, the "walls" were going up, but i laughed, and defused this with a statement, "just stay with me, think about this, to say that God wants our soul to keep coming back and back, would be to cast Him as the ultimate sadist, and rest assured, a Loving God is NOT a sadist".

we went around a little bit, and then i felt, this witness is over for the day, the Seed had been planted.i'll be callin her when i finish this and just check in on her for the night, she is my mother.

sorry for the long post, i just had to testify, and also to say, God willing, when you come up to visit, there might be a few burdened sinners up there as well. Just join with me in Christ, and lets love them in His Name.

Its always been my conviction that the Church is not a rest home for saints, but a hospital for sinners, so God might have me running a "MASH" unit up on that ridge, we'll see, Much love to you dear brother Matt, neil

2011/4/24 22:24
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you for your testimony, the Lord used it to encourage me. You see I come from a tribe of sinner's (me being its chief) but by Grace I am Saved through Faith. I found what your saying to be true, when I came to the Lord my testimony of His Love and Holiness was my most percious and powerful weapon and it still is. My brother and one of my friends had tears welling up in their eyes when I told them of the incredible Holiness of God as revealed to me by Him and His mercy and I told Him of His wonderful Mercy and Love. In all my days of playing church I have never understood the Gospel so clearly.

I am similar to you brother in the fact I don't know exactly what my calling is but I know I am a Musician for His Kingdom. Should I come down or I suppose up in this case I wish to bless you and your family with a song from my family to yours. I love my gift of music and the song God has placed in my heart because it is a great disarming tool people will enjoy the music but also listen to the Word not knowing seeds are being planted. :)

Also I agree wholeheartedly the Church is a Hospital for sinners rather than a resting home for saints, and I'll gladly be the "Radar" at your unit :).

Love you man!
Matthew

2011/4/25 1:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy