Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Experiencing The Resurrected Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Experiencing The Resurrected Christ

A spiritual experience void of biblical context is dangerous; yet, faith without a spiritual experience ultimately leads to spiritual death. However, a faith that is both scriptural and experiential is divine. Jesus combined faith, scripture, and experience into a cohesive unit in John 7:38 when He stated, "He who believes in Me (Faith), as the (Scripture) said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water'" (Experience) (NASB).

The Resurrection of Jesus is an event that the scriptures teach as historical fact. We have been called as Christians to believe in the Resurrection. Paul taught that we could be saved by believing that God raised His Son from the dead (Rom 10:9). But is this a kind of faith void of experience? Are we to believe it to be historical fact simply because the Bible says it’s so, or can we know experientially? Although the Old Testament predicted Christ’s resurrection, and even though Jesus on several occasions spoke to His disciples concerning His resurrection, Christ thought it was necessary to reveal himself as the risen Lord.

To those who are uncertain, Jesus always extends a personal invitation to come, see, and experience. To a few uncertain women, the angel said “Come see the place where He once laid. He is not here, He is risen.” He then gave them instructions on how to find Jesus. To doubting Thomas Jesus said, “Look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side (NLT Jn 20:27). Thomas immediately turned from a skeptic to a staunch believer. To His troubled and perplexed disciples, Jesus stated, “Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me” (Lk 24:39). Two men on the road to Emmaus were perplexed over the empty tomb, questioning whether Jesus’ body had been stolen, or if He had indeed risen from the dead?” Jesus silenced their doubts by giving them a revelation of himself.

Let me give you a word of exhortation today. Refuse to live a non-believing, non-scriptural, and non-experiential life. There is no greater time than this Easter to begin an experiential relationship with the resurrected Christ of scripture. I challenge you to do more than celebrate His resurrection; experience it. If you are a non-believer, humbly ask God to reveal himself to you. Ask Him, “God, if you are real, please show me. I want to know the truth.” If you are a believer who has never had an encounter with God, humbly ask Him to give you an experience with Him that is undeniable and life altering.

I leave you with words from an old song by Rusty Goodman called I Talked With Him Today.

He was lead to Galgotha on the out skirts of town
There nailed to a rugged cross as his mockers gather round
The sky spoke like thunder, when He finally bowed His head
He who had given life now hung there dead
Then his mom and some friends came to carry Him away
They were trying to speak threw a broken heart that only tears could say
The sunset cast no shadow on the world's darkest day
And with one last look, they laid Him in the grave

But,

I talked to Him today, and my cares all fell away
He made me feel like life had just begun
He said all of my trials can be turned into triumphs
Through the victory that he's already won
and, I talked to Him today, and the comfort that He gave
filled me with desire to tell the world
That on Calvary He died, but right now He is alive
I know because I talked to Him today

That is experience my friends!!

2011/4/22 14:10Profile

Re: Experiencing Christ This Easter

Thank you DocSeth! - I don't use the word easter but the message was very edifying.

Good salvation message in there also, to share with others.

Blessed Resurrection Remembrance day.

2011/4/22 16:39

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy