SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A New Wineskin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

A New Wineskin?

I pray to God that I make sense with what the Spirit leads me to write , as this has been something that has been in my heart, and on my heart for a while, and it regards the inward and outward manifestations of what He wants the Church to be in the 21st century IN America.

I desperately , DESPERATELY want to address the issue of faith, Living Faith as opposed to religion and institution. While I believe very much in accountability and covering for any ekkelsia in formation, religion and institution do not save the lost, Living Faith does. Institution is the experience of meeting with God ritualized, hidebound, dead and stultified. God the Holy Spirit Who lives within us, and makes tabernacle within us, is not ritual, He is Mystery and Mastery.

I live in a community where Jesus is an afterthought. I live in a community where a Christian is assumed to be a "republican" first and foremost and not a follower of Jesus. This community is so politically liberal, that to witness Jesus' love and Gospel, I have to push my way thru a thicket of worldly political assumptions on the part of those we minister amongst. This dichotomy has forced me to walk the talk, and to focus on the "least of these", for they are the only ones who have any patience, brokeness to hear the Wind of the Holy Spirit.

The only "church" in this exurban California Canyon has been torn apart by the devil and fleshly worldlings bound by their carnality and pride, a very bad scene. Lawsuits, dismissed pastors, who had done nothing more offensive than preach a Full Gospel, and leadership unaccountability. A bad scene.

But as there was darkness, so comes the day. As there was death, so there is resurrection. Three thanksgivings ago, God took this corrupt and dark heart of mine and breathed His will into it. I was made an orphan three Thanksgiving's ago, and my heart was filled with rage, and He said, "dont, go instead and feed the other orphans"......so I did. This Thanksgiving, for the first time, the believers and followers of Jesus that worship in the house church at Mimi's, came alongside me, and feed the poor of our community. Not only were they of service in the Love of Jesus, but they also tasted what the Fellowship of the Believers written of in the 2nd chapter of the Acts of the Apostles was like.

It was NOT about religion and institution, it was about Faith, living active Faith based in the Word of God, the koininia of man, and the Life in the Holy Spirit, that gives you the GIFT of faith and the GIFT of impossible love. Impossible love is washing filthy feet, and in those feet seeing your feet.

I have a vision of a church in a community such as this, and it doesn't happen in a building.

I think it should happen in a tent, a tent much like the Recabites would live in; Jeremiah 35. A Beduoin tent, dark and mysterious, in a glade of trees. and inside the tent, are carpets, and rugs, there might be folding chairs, there might be cushions, or benches. There are no platforms, because all are on the level, none is higher, esteemed not by man. There are no electric lights, only candles, standing candlelabras, or a tent doorway left open. Yes, its a deliberate, intentional return to day gone by, a evocative remembrance of when the Lord conducted His earthly ministry, a remembrance of a day when the word, "purity" was not frowned upon, but celebrated. The air is fragranced by incense, the dried potpuorri of flowers, and by the prayers of the fellowship.

All musical instruments will be unplugged, unfettered and allowed to operate in the gifts of the Spirit.

It will NOT be a worship service built around a lecture, it will be a worship service built around God, and Head of this Church will be Jesus,and the Spokesman will be the God the Holy Ghost. There will be praise, and testimony and worship sharing and freedom, freedom in Christ.

and part of this worship will not be sixty seperate groups of people splitting up after the "lecture" to have sunday lunch at Dennys, or Carrows or the Soup Plantation, but one body eating together in love and friendship based in Christ.

I live in Topanga California, if anybody has any suggestions, prayers, knows where to get a beduoin tent, or substitute...anything...please contribute to this thread or pm me.

I love Jesus, and I love His Church.

Neil

2004/11/28 0:00
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: A New Wineskin?

Quote:
I live in Topanga California, if anybody has any suggestions, prayers, knows where to get a beduoin tent, or substitute...anything...please contribute to this thread or pm me.

[b]Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, [u]and now is[/u], when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.[/b]
(Joh 4:20-24 KJV)

2004/11/28 4:16Profile

Thank You Ron

My prayer is that all who read that precious bit of Scripture take it up in their heart and bury it there. I have.

Lord bless you today sir.

Neil

2004/11/28 11:01
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A New Wineskin?

Where is Topanga exactly?

Could do a search, guess I am just lazy and just about out the door to go to work...(I know, but I have a heard of oxen in a ditch to go rescue)

Only sped read through this and will definitely come back to it later on, my spirit registering with this.... carrying the scripture with me as well.

You're alright brother, something quirky about you that resonates with this spiritual misfit...

2004/11/28 11:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I am lazy and wondering also where this is! I will be God-willing going to bible school in Murietta, California for the next 2 years starting feb 1st 2005. Who knows what the Lord has planned, it would be interesting to meet.

2004/11/28 18:42Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:

I'll do the search. It's in Los Angeles county.

2004/11/28 20:33Profile

Blessings to my brothers MIke and Greg

Check it out; Topanga is right down the Coast Highway from Malibu, about seven miles to the west of Santa Monica. The town is infamous as a hippie haven from the sixties, and now its a very yuppified, very new-agey, very post-Christian place, and wouldnt it be evidence of our Lord's sense of humour if he birthed a white hot, sky blue, Holy Ghost revival right here in hippie new age central?

There's a an old shuttered bar, along Route 27, thats Topanga Cyn Boulevard, and it was named Bruno's California Trail, everybody called it the "Stop-n-Fight", well, I prayed for God to close it and He did......then I claimed it for Pentecost in the Name of Jesus, and asked God humbly and respectfully, please Lord, use this bar as a New Testament church, use it for revival.

He's a covenant keeping God. The thing about revival , as you know, is that mere humans like us don't do a thing, God does the work, we just let the seeking penitents know where to park.....and then we get flat on our faces, and pray along with our Dear Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Praise God, I can see a day when the three of us are laid out , face down, praying in the Spirit, admidst a glorious Move of God.

Do you know what I believe? I believe in a God Who can give sight to the blind, and heal the lame. amen. and you know what? Right now, in the house church at Mimi's, we have a young brother, who is blind, and we have a sister with a withered limb, injured in auto crash, and I believe with all my heart, every fiber in this body that Jesus can heal both of these precious people. I see both their faces now, and I see them healed, and I see people turned around when they realize that God is real, and He is alive and He moves among us, and He is in the healing and resurrection business.

Something is happening brothers, Something very good. I praise God, and I thank Him for joining us together in this ministry of reconciliation.

Isnt Jesus wonderful? The only thing that grieves me is when I fall so short of His glory.

My love to you both,
Neil

2004/11/28 21:04
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Blessings to my brothers MIke and Greg

[url=http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&zoom=3&mapdata=OE4WNszgW9xQA%2fJhmFGBaxd41euv%2f3rlpqs1H30IzJJIQa0BtFjKl7lKVVdLwOXPRCINo6PwLV8tFQbnwQToTPWJ1uMWWfNyaP6ohxQmP%2bz3edwL5J%2fXz3R9DTr%2bS3GChhzWs4O2SOgkw0HUY%2bF84KsueQOrV9U%2fgLxEJgY8L2%2fVJVIaz%2fkF1lAjNkFqT7iOE8JkUfGuCiB3fnlCNQRqnyfqYU9UV6Gyr0zZ1k9qXP5Gjg1uMs%2fvFshi%2fVTzEOrWwUbB3mi4ZcioNyGln58OzN661LaoHWE%2bvaekV8iyWX%2bDvFWcvHwnHWIheCnpXdKXMtwL72pdsYlx5GCJScHeRuJXpAxOZHl8]Mapquest.com to topenaga[/url]
Yes California the more I learn about it, is a place that needs God! There are pockets of places where there are many churches but there is alot of false conversions and new agy complacent, lukewarm churches. There seems to be a sense of "peace, peace" in California but "sudden destruction will come". These are perilous times and we need to get very serious with the things of God. I am encouraged to hear your heart brother that you desire for God to move and for people to come to God. Its awesome that I am coming down to California and Mike is there, I hope we can all meet together God willing to pray that God would rend the heavens in California.

2004/11/28 21:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Well the 'heard' is still thining out and another reminder to use the spell checker...

Hopeful that more trips are in store down that direction in the near future.

2004/11/29 1:13Profile
Spitfire

Quote:
Something is happening brothers, Something very good. I praise God, and I thank Him for joining us together in this ministry of reconciliation.

Oh Dear Brothers, this is so wonderful. I'm excited just reading these words! I've never wanted to go to California, but first thing you know, ole Jed's a millionaire, uh, I mean, now I want to go to California. Love, Dian.

2004/11/29 18:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy