SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : considering 'wise & foolish virgins - oil'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

considering 'wise & foolish virgins - oil'

Today we finished reading the Book of Exodus and in Exodus 37:17

Exodus 37:17 And he made the candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work made he the candlestick; his shaft, and his branch, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, were of the same:

Matthew Henry Commentary: This signified that light of divine revelation with which God's church upon earth (which is his tabernacle among men) has always been enlightened, being always supplied with fresh oil from Christ the good Olive

The Lord opened my eyes to the 'Oil' the virgins needed for their lamps - Jesus. Praise his Name!

Somehow I have read that parable so many times and not known what it truly signified.

It gets a little laborious reading through all the details of the construction of the Tabernacle and the tents but there are many gems contained within. I hope I explained this clearly enough to be of benefit to someone else.

white stone

2011/4/20 12:44Profile
Joseph2

Re: considering 'wise & foolish virgins - oil'

I've heard, from various sources, that oil (along with fire and water) is symbolic of the Holy Spirit, whom we receive from intimate contact with, and obedience to, The Lord Jesus. When we approach Him each day to be comforted, forgiven, blessed and filled, then we are more apt to be in step with Him, faithful servants doing the Masters bidding, when He returns for us. I think the best thing that we have to give Him is a thankful, trusting, obedient heart. "Unless you become like children you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven". My children are just entering their teens. They are eager to please, enjoying the challenges of trying to do adult tasks. They want to be like me. I think this is what Christ meant by that saying: children long for the companionship of their parents, and want to be involved in whatever is going on!

2011/4/20 13:32Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: considering 'wise & foolish virgins - oil'

Thank you for sharing this Whitestone. Exodus 27:20 too.
" And thou shalt command the children of Israel, that they bring thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamp to burn always."

They beat the olives to such a point that it was totally transformed into something new and different. Paul says to bring our body into subjection and even compares it to "not beating" the air. So in a sense, beat ones body into subjection, into His likeness. Hence, Beating it like the olives so that it is conformed into His Light. --olives beaten into oil for the Light...to be Lights of the world, and not part of it.

And also a bridled horse, goes through much training, and some times whippings in order to be tamed. So that it does exactly what its master tells him to do. :)

Quote:
It gets a little laborious reading through all the details of the construction of the Tabernacle and the tents but there are many gems contained within.

I was reading Leviticus today. There are some great truths there as well.

2011/4/20 23:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy