Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : For my wife

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: mike and his wife

Mike,

You and your wife will continue to be in my prayers. I know all too well the power of addiction as well as fear and anxiety. Though I am over my many addictions now, I am just now learning to trust the Lord enough to be delivered from fear and anxiety.

I have been reading Elisabeth Elliott's The Music of His Promises- everyday and meditating on her words. It has helped me tremendously! I am now taking one day at a time. Asking the Lord for the strength for just one day at a time and refusing to look forward to all the "what if's". What if I can't make it? What if, what if? If I keep my eyes fixed on Him and His love for me, I am comforted. I really recommend this book. i have read hundreds of books, but this is the first one to really help me overcome my fears and anxieties. (Plus, I think listening to Conlon's "Perfect Love casts out Fear" helped alot too.)

There is no problem or trial that you or your wife are facing that is unusual- "There is no trial that has overtaken you but such is common to man." (1 cor. 10:13) Others, other Christians- are now facing the same problems successfully by His grace. You have a sympathetic High priest who can enter into all your problems, for they have been His problems too. He knows your heartache. He knows your/her sorrow. He knows your/her pain. God has caused you/her to face some of the same problems that others face in order that He may demonstrate in you/her the wonder of his power and grace. (J. Adams)

The Lord is faithful! He hasn't laid you and your family on our hearts for nothing. :-) He will be glorified and His will will be done. Amen.

In His love and much prayer, Chanin

2004/11/27 9:48Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Bro Mike,

I want to encourage you as I make this a matter of prayer with the others. I am praying for deliverance and restoration.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, (Ephesians 3:20 KJV)

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/11/27 10:26Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

God knows I love you all.
Thank you so much for your support and prayers for my wife. So much to respond to individually forgive my isolating just this one.

Chanin your suggestions are helpful as always and from the standpoint of 'been there, done that' and the added benefit of being that more intelligent brand of God's creation...(guy's, we might just as well admit it) really appreciate this. Will look into this book for my wife.

Remember your fear of flying episode recently? Got a little taste of it earlier this week. Prior to had flown once in my life some 20 plus years ago. Due to a cancellation of a meeting just a half hour before it was to begin, ended up flying twice in consecutive days. Short hour long trips but your thoughts prior along with the unshakable Ravenhill quote; "[i]flying is for the birds[/i]" had me in a state of amazement and oddly only trepidation not 'fear'. Let me put it this way, 7,8 years ago it would have taken a Mr. "T" like injection to get me on board one of those things.
But the changes the Lord has made along the way and in recent weeks has left me utterly in awe. Started a new job recently which I guess I didn't mention (wouldn't be flying around otherwise!)and let me add that this wasn't a bunch of bravado, you can bet I was praying! Just not freaking out, realizing that the metal monster needed more than a good pilot and jet fuel to keep afloat, actually I am amazed those things get off the ground...it's all been just as surreal in recent days as it is to look down from 40,000 feet at Gods incredible creation. Sure this is just old hat to many, flying that is...

Guess what I am trying to say is that in all of this it is truly the Lord's doing and for once in my life it is in actual experience not just in the words that I have so often heard and believed, now it's really happening. These last couple of weeks have found everything completely inside out and upside down and yet 'the peace that passes understanding'... What the Lord has done in this knucklehead. The beauty of it all is that nothing matters anymore but what the Lord wills to do, for all this yakking about 'me' it's not about me, it's about Him, he's just using this oddball for an illustration, hope that's coming through here. Just glad to be along for the ride.

So the battle is for Lisa and restoration and with the gates being stormed by my precious friends I can't wait to see how God will get the glory through this, yes, in true experience not just words.

My gratitude is without expression.

(BTW thanks for the mention again Doug about that site, hadn't forgotten about it hopeful she will check it out)

2004/11/27 11:54Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Will pray for your wife Mike

Hi Mike,

Brother I'll stand in agreement for your wife. Jesus can deliver her. Luk 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Ed

2004/11/27 11:58Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Prayer for Mike and wife

Dear brother,

I think it will get pretty busy in the streets of Sion. Traffic jams all over. It's rushhour in Heaven. All saints try to get to Throne, driving their Praytomobile :-).

You and your wife are in my prayers! It's the one thing I can do and it's the best thing I can do. We have a God who hears to us when we call upon His name. It's not about the power of our prayers, but the power of our God. Hallelujah! He never changes. I notice very often "unbelieve" in my heart. Is God really able to that? Can He really do this? YES, HE CAN...A verse God is putting om my heart lately is this one: [i]"Without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6)[/i].

I also had to think of a story in Numbers: [i]"Ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye shall be saved from your enemies." (Numbers 10:9)[/i].

I think we're all going to blow the trumpets Mike...and God will hear us.

Much strength and blessing,

In Christ, our Refuge,

Paul

2004/11/27 14:57Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Mike,
I never realised bro. I'll be stroming heaven for you guys (particularly your wife, at your request). Sometimes I consider the fact that I've been an addict to be a gift from God (something that only a recovered addict can understand with clarity). The gift I'm refering to is the gift of empathy.
When I think of the 1 night in 20 that I would lie in my bed feeling nothing but self loathing over my fate, I knew that there must've be something greater than this. Mind you, I needed to be ignorant during the other 19 days, for sanity's sake.
I'll be praying that the Lord will give you grace to be aware of that "1 night", and to be there to help her out of this, whatever way He prescibes, and for the wisdom to tell what that is.
Keep "stable" bro:-).

2004/12/14 4:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Aaron,

Thank you brother and again to all. This means so much to me I cannot express. To see this come up again sent me to my face earlier this morning not only over this situation but in thanksgiving to God for you all.

To borrow from Lou Gehrigs (the baseball player) farewell speech: "I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth"

Only that I would change "luckiest" to "most blessed", to have such great brethren as friends.

2004/12/14 10:14Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Mike,

Ditto on what brothers Neil and Ron said about you ... My spirit also has an affinity with your spirit, and i love you too ...

As for me i already see your wife as delivered (but as like Jacob it just hasn't dawned on her yet) ... So as with your own addiction experience her Christian walk toward her Jabbok (emptying), and her subsequent moment of Peniel (understanding that God is her only power) that says "deliverance from ALL self empowerment" has not quite yet occured ...

But as with you, in your wife's case, i have no doubt that our Lord will cripple her of her dependence of anything else other than Himself, and will eventually empower her by His Spirit to finally be able to be addicted to no other than Himself ... Yes i know it's a storm, but in my life i've found that God's not to prone to stop our storms, but moreso prone to give us the grace, and a new found strength of faith to either row thru them, and/or depending on our level of faith in Him to walk on them ... i believe that you have the latter ability, and that your faith action in this matter will not only impress our Lord, but more importantly your wife whose life right now is being tossed to and fro on a stormy sea ... You see Christ clearer right now, so go on and walk out on faith toward Him in this matter (as you are the priest of your family), for scripture says that as soon as Peter and Christ walked back upon the water to the boat, the storm stopped ...

My prayer for you both is victory thru this storm, my prayer for you is to counteract all fear with all faith, rebuking the devourer by the blood of Christ while showering His love on the one the devourer is attempting to swallow, and i, and i dare say your entire SI family is standing in the gap with you both, touching and agreeing that the devil is a liar, and "this too shall pass"! ... In Jesus all powerful name! ... Amen

Your Position Battles in Your Transition for Supremacy over Your Condition ... and vice versa ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4011&forum=35

2004/12/14 11:46Profile
Berea14

Re: The joy

Lord, I thank you for this amazing privelege to partake of your will being done on earth. Father, thank you for the trials and suffering in your Son Jesus that Lisa and Mike are experiencing. For these things are all for a purpose. Thank you Father for your saints and their involvement as you direct them. Father, I know you have mighty plans for success and this is a birth pain of the revelation of your glory to be revealed. It is an honour, Your Majesty, that you love us so much to allow us to partake in the suffering and revelation of who you are. All glory and honour unto you. We love you Lord as you are, who you are in the fullness of Trinity. Father, please bless all these people and once again, may your will be done. Even in stumbling, we know you keep us in your hand. For it is you who allows us to stumble. You have your ways. May we be granted the precious faith in You and not even the spiritual laws you have set in place. Thank you Father for restoring us as the wonderful bride to your Son Jesus Christ. Holy Spirit, please lead us that we might do Father and your will ever more.
In His precious name, Jesus Christ our Saviour,
Amen and Shalom

2004/12/15 2:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy