SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lesson in Observation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Lesson in Observation

I read this in Living by the Book, by Howard Henderickson and thought it was pretty funny, enjoy! :)

A scientist was using the inductive method to observe the characteristics of a flea. Plucking a leg off the flrea, he order, "Jump!"
The flea promptly jumped.
Taking another leg off, the scientist again commanded, "Jump!"
The flea jumped again.
The scientist continued this process until he came to the sixth and final leg. By now the flea was having a little more difficulty jumping, but it was still trying.
The scientist pulled the final leg off and again ordered the flea to jump. But the flea didn't respond.
The scientist raised his voice and demanded, "Jump!" Again the flea failed to respond.
For the third time the scientist shouted at the top of his lungs, "JUMP!" But the hapless flea lay motionless.
The scientist then made the following observation in his notebook: "When you remove the legs from a flea, it loses its sense of hearing."

2011/4/17 6:44Profile

Re: Lesson in Observation

I did laugh, but I hope there are no Hindus reading here.

Just as seriously, it always does make me sad to hear of a living creature being progressively damaged for any reason whatever.

2011/4/17 7:07
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

This for me is a helpful reminder to make careful observations while reading not only the Word of God but other people's post. I am also uncertain if this story is fictional or nonfictional, but either way im sure the flea was able to overcome the odds and live a happy and productive life as a flea. Wonder if I could pitch the idea to Hollywood. ;)

2011/4/17 7:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy