Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Attitude of Gratitude

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Attitude of Gratitude

Remember, gratitude is a matter of the heart, not simply a saying of the lips. It is interesting to see how many give thanks with their lips, but not with their hearts. I remember once the Lord convicted me about this matter, especially when I would go out to eat. Often I would give thanks over my food, and even thank the waiter when he came around. But then I had the nerve to sit there and complain about the food or to complain about the service. Had I an attitude of gratitude, this would not have been so. When we don't have an attitude of gratitude, and say thanks to God and say thanks to the people serving us, if we turn around and speak otherwise, we show ourselves to be lying both to God and man. Therefore, let us give thanks this holiday season, and indeed, in everything, and actually mean it :)

2004/11/25 9:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Attitude of Gratitude

Indeed King,

Not sure where to put this, here or in the Thanksgiving thread, reminded of the old line "wherever you go, there you are"...

Thankful for:

Trouble and adverse circumstances;
To learn and grow and realize...
"...for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure." Phi 2:13

Seemingly 'small' things:
Hot water in the shower.
For our cat, who seems to keep us all together even with her bent towards eradicating the bird population.
For the 'basics' that we tend to take for granted: food, shelter and clothing.

For the larger:

For a changed disposition!

Fellowship, here, on this site including all of you, sharing your hearts, experience and opinions. For striving hard after the Lord and all that He would have us to do. For your help and recommendations, Sheppard's helping sheppards...
For the greatest sermons ever! (My opinion)
For hard work and hard praying.
For the privilege of praying for everyone and the issues and circumstances that affect you and me.
For your love to God.

For [b]all[/b] things;
"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;" Eph 5:20

For forgiveness
and repentance.
For the ability to change my mind about anything at any time because it is not about me, but about what the Lord thinks about everything anyway... "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psa 139:23,24

For the Holy Spirit actually dwelling within us, causing all these things to happen.

For the amazing, expressionless reality of the Lord Jesus Christ....

That we set aside a day to [i]give[/i] thanksgiving is a wonderful reminder. May it become something that we not just acknowledge once a year, but that we actually become.

2004/11/25 12:08Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

For the 'basics' that we tend to take for granted: food, shelter and clothing.

Indeed, we forget these so often. I remember once the Lord showed me I was on the way to becoming self-sufficient, and not relying on Him for these things. He showed me how I had ceased praying "give us this day our daily bread!"

2004/11/26 4:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy