SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testing principalities Behind messages preached about God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Testing principalities Behind messages preached about God

i believe that in todays age there is alot of wolves preaching false messages from God.

Two main principles that i follow when testing messages are

1. The best way to identify a counterfeit bill is to study a real one. The more I spend time with Jesus Christ, reading his word, praying and worshiping him. the more he shows me himself. I know who he is because of this and recognise anything that is not him.

2. Who does he/she really put their trust in?
- miricles, money, fame or the cross.

the above is just some of my main questions i ask my self when listening to someone for the first time. i will read any reviews about a preacher but will not make a judgement until i hve read or heard the preacher.

2011/4/16 9:47Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Testing principalities Behind messages preached about God

Those are two valuable principles for testing the spirits.

I have a few more that I wrote down a long time ago and they have been helpful, I forget now who it was that originally wrote these.

Is it of God?

Be a Berean, examine the Scriptures, don't accept things too quickly. Ask these questions;

How does it affect my relationship to...

1) God - does it exalt him?
2) Christ - does it make Him more wonderful?
3) Scriptures - does it contradict Scripture?
4) Myself - does it humble me?
5) World - is it drawing me to worldly things?

In Christ,

Ron

2011/4/16 11:17Profile

Re:

You can add this one.

Does it pass the simplicity test?

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

A777

2011/4/16 11:36
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Romans 16:17-20

Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple. For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

2011/4/19 7:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy