Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello everyone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Hello everyone

Hi.
I just read tjadens_monk's comments and intro and was very touched. I too am hungering and thirsting after God. I have been so blessed by sermonindex.net! I first came upon it when I was searching for sermons by Brother Yun after reading his book The Heavenly Man. I listened to his sermon as well as Brother Xu's and then went on to listen to some messages by David Wilkerson as well (Walking in the Spirit and A Call to Anguish). These sermons drive me to Christ--and isn't that what it's all about!?? I am so tired of sermons and messages that drive me to myself or to some plan or to ten steps to a better life. Strange to say, I WANT to hear that I'm a horrible sinner and my only hope is in Christ ALONE!!

I was so amazed to find a sermon entitled Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead. You see, I first heard this message on tape in the summer of 2000 at a Bible study in China where I was a very discouraged missionary. Although I had to leave China not long afterward, it really changed my entire perspective. I know it was God that I found it again when I didn't even know the pastor's name or the title of the sermon. I needed to hear it again... Thank you! :-)

2004/11/23 16:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
I was so amazed to find a sermon entitled Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead. You see, I first heard this message on tape in the summer of 2000 at a Bible study in China where I was a very discouraged missionary.

Praise God!!! welcome brother yes its amazing the fruit that has been borne through that message that Paris Reidhead gave. If anyone reading this thread hasn't heard this message I encourage you to take time and listen to it or download it now: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]

Thats so awesome brother keep seeking Christ, there needs to be a desperation in our day for we are living in desperate times. God is wanting to bring us back to the fundamentals of what made the early church such a potent force in this earth. We need to get back to God in that same simple way! total abandment, absolute surrender!! I look forward to hearing more from you brother.

2004/11/23 16:44Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re:

Thank you, sir! Do you have any more messages by Mr. Reidhead?

Phebe

2004/11/23 16:51Profile
Tears_of_joy

Brother, welcome to sermonindex!

Quote:
These sermons drive me to Christ--and isn't that what it's all about!?? I am so tired of sermons and messages that drive me to myself or to some plan or to ten steps to a better life.

As Raidhead said "And the question that you are going to ask yourself is: “Is God an end or is He a means?”
You have to decide very early in your Christian life whether you are viewing God as an end or a means."
The main reason of these sermons should be to drive us to our knees for closer communion with our Lord, and then the Lord will deal with us, encouraging, conviction, rebuking, He knows from what we have need.

Brother be blessed!

2004/11/23 17:09Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
Do you have any more messages by Mr. Reidhead?

Yes - [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=8]Paris Reidhead[/url]

Also you can check [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2192&forum=16&0]OFFICIAL Top Ten Sermons at SermonIndex[/url]

2004/11/23 17:14Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

well hey welcome aboard! I've been blessed by this site as have many others. I fine that truth is truth no matter when it is listen too. hope to see ya on the site more Brother Raven

2004/11/24 2:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy