Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : KJV

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hiscomm

KJV

After listening to the pastor read from the KJV text, he then proceeded to explain to those in the congregation what the text was saying in terms they could understand. It was then I realized, that the only person who speaks Elizabethan English anymore was....Elizabeth.

2011/4/4 19:25Profile

Re: KJV

Thou. Brother thy post hithheteto is the only one that spaketh the most sense.

2011/4/4 20:40
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
Thou. Brother thy post hithheteto is the only one that spaketh the most sense.

Brother are you the same martyr who is more concern with souls than debating over versions of the bible when people were defending a version they rely upon on another thread but as soon as someone shows disrespect for a version then you are the first one to jump on board.

It seems you have just shown your true colors when it comes to the KJV but just remember we will all have to give an account on that day for every idle word we speak. Let us beware for we will answer for how we treated the Word of God.

In Romans 13:9 (KJV) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

It reads that we are not to bear false witness in the KJV but check the NASB, NIV, and all modern versions except NKJV and you will discover that it is not in there.

I would advise us all to show more respect to the Word Of God and that God is still against bearing false witness and many other verses and words that have been left out in the modern versions whether many people who seem to support these modern versions at the expense of putting down the KJV because of old English even think so.

Anyone can read all my posts on the other KJV thread and you can clearly see my concern but nobody supporting these modern versions is even trying to answer my concerns but that is ok because I can’t put the fear of God in anyone because you either have it from God or you don’t.

Blessings to all!

2011/4/4 22:33Profile

Re:

I am sure God is aware of the distinction of mocking his word, and mocking a transient human lanuage style which some think God has restricted himself to.

2011/4/5 0:24

Re:

You should not testify falsely about someone in Romans 13:9 is not in all early manuscripts. They did not "leave it out". They took a decision based on the evidence and felt it was not originally included.

2011/4/5 1:13

Re:

And further more the verse concludes after listing the commandments it did...

"AND WHATEVER OTHER COMMANDMENT THERE MAY BE can be summed up in this one rule: Love your neighbour and yourself"

It in no way insinuates we are to disregard the instruction not to testify falsely against anyone in the versions you continue to slander.

2011/4/5 4:15
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: KJV

It matters not what you think about different Bible translations, all preachers and laypersons love to expound on the WORD: reading it and explaining it - in actuality giving their version of understanding the text, something similar to paraphrasing. Remember the Living Bible that was issued about 35 years ago? It was a paraphrase...

Seems to me that reading a Bible that was translated from manuscripts is far more reliable then listening to anyone expound on their understanding of the WORD!

The point is all do it and for a body to get in a wad about translations is very inconsistent because they are doing much more then the people they accuse.

God's WORD continues on and on and on regardless of any squabbles over it. I am just glad I have it in a language I am fluent in and that His Spirit speaks to my heart. Now this is a delight!

2011/4/5 8:22Profile
rbanks

Re:

Excellent post GinnyRose!

Martyr,

I apologize to you brother for my strong post regarding what you said, I shouldn’t have let your post offend me into thinking God was offended.

I apologize to anyone who may conclude that I am slandering the modern versions for that it not my intention. I have made clear that I am concerned over what has been left out.

I do not want anyone to think that I am against them reading the NASB or the NIV because I do believe they were trying to be faithful to the 2 oldest manuscripts.

The NASB is a ‘word for word’ translation and the NIV is a ‘thought for thought’ translation. I believe that we must rely on the Holy Spirit to teach us the truth that is in Jesus Christ. Even though I need to see what is in the KJV also, I read other versions with respect believing that the Holy Spirit will teach me.

I also would like to point out that the 2 ‘KJV’ threads have helped enlighten me concerning my brethren and also the lost people of this world that we need to be careful in how we relate to one another on topics that we have a different opinion especially when it comes to the bible (God’s Word) even though someone may be reading a different version than the one we may prefer.

On another note just in case someone out there thinks that the Holy Spirit can’t lead a person into all truth because of which bible version you are reading, then let me say this, I believe that God can use any version that is a faithful translation whether it is the older version or the modern versions that rely on the 2 oldest manuscripts as long as the person is saved (born of God) depending on the Holy Spirit to lead them into all truth and also He can convict the Lost to bring them to salvation.

Finally, in the places that I have discovered where the NASB and the NIV does not have all the words that the KJV has written down, when I read it in context, I have yet to find any real disagreement to the true teachings of Jesus Christ in God’s Word. We are really blessed if we think about it because this goes to show us that God’s Word can be relied on, whether you are not sure whether the words were added for more clarification or whether you believe they are suppose to be in their from the beginning, either way they do not contradict the major teachings of God’s Word.

I will not be staining out a gnat and then end up swallowing a camel over the minor differences because God has left us a witness of His Son and everyone needs to hear the gospel before it is too late.

Blessings to all in the Love of Christ

2011/4/5 11:11Profile

Re:

Rbanks,

That was a very humble post you wrote, and in the same spirit I want to apologize to you for accusing you of slandering the modern version, I could have used a less harsh term.

Peace and blessings to you.

2011/4/5 12:16

Re: Rbanks

Brother it is I who need to apologize to you. My post was meant to express agreement with you in a humorous way. I never meant to offend. I will be more careful in my use of humor on these threads. I percieve you are a man of honor. His love and blessing be on you.

2011/4/5 16:40

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy