SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Proclaiming Christ for Maturity in Christ by Bob Hoekstra

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Proclaiming Christ for Maturity in Christ by Bob Hoekstra

Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. (Colossians 1:28)
Spiritual maturity is one of the heavenly blessings that is ours "in Christ Jesus." Our heavenly Father desires that all of His children develop in this blessing of maturity: "that we may present every man perfect [mature] in Christ Jesus." As God's people are being built up, the goal is that "we all come…to a perfect [mature] man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children…but… may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ" (Ephesians 4:13-15). Jesus is our standard of spiritual maturity. The Lord wants us to be maturing into the likeness of the character of Christ.

For the saints to mature in Christ requires the proclamation of Christ. "Him we preach… that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus." Truth about the Lord Jesus Christ is the message that matures the people of God. "Him we preach." We need to know who the Lord is, what He has done, and what He wants to do in our lives, that we might trust in Him as our source for growth: "from whom all the body… grows with the increase that is from God" (Colossians 2:19).

The Scriptures abound with many beautiful revelations of such truths about Jesus. He is the Son of God, divine. "And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God" (John 1:34). He is the Son of Man, Immanuel, God coming as man. "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head…Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel…God with us" (Matthew 8:20; 1:23). He is the Lamb of God. "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29).

This Jesus is our Mediator, bringing us the new covenant of grace. "And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant" (Hebrews 9:15). He is our Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, supplying all we need from start to finish. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End" (Revelation 22:13). He is our "all in all." "Christ is all and in all" (Colossians 3:11).

Such truths about Jesus are the ultimate message to mature the saints.

Dear Lord Jesus, I long to mature in Your likeness. There is too much about my life that is immature or carnal. I hunger to see who You are and all that You want to do in and through me. Please reveal Yourself to me through Your word, that I might know You better and be conformed to Your image. This I pray in Your holy name, Amen.

2011/4/4 15:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy