SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : SERIOUS NEED FOR PRAYER - MANY ATTACKS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Renoncer

SERIOUS NEED FOR PRAYER - MANY ATTACKS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

Good evening,

I am sending out this prayer request because I have become increasingly aware of our need for prayer, especially for this week. As we are preparing for the evangelistic conference that is scheduled for April 9th, 2011, Satan is throwing everything he can to stop this work from being accomplished.

For the past five weeks, we have been going out every Saturday on the streets of Portland, Maine, telling people about the upcoming conference, distributing Gospel tracts and invitations, and sharing the Gospel with random people. It seems that the closer we get to the conference, the more fruitful conversations we are able to get, for which we praise God!

At the same time, we have seen a flow of French-speaking refugees coming to our church, three of whom are Muslims who are interested to know about Jesus. They seem drawn by a force beyond human understanding to learn more about Him. It is really interesting to witness what seems like an internal struggle between well-ingrained Islam and the truths they have recently heard concerning Jesus Christ. One of them has said that he was now convinced that Jesus had died for his sins on the cross, and resurrected from the dead to conquer death! The second one said that there is no one like Jesus, that not even Muhammad comes close to Jesus. The third one still claims that he is Muslim, but he is reading through the Gospel according to John, a dangerous endeavor.

The other refugees mostly come from a nominal pseudo-Christian background. One of them has most definitely been saved a few months ago, while we were still in the preparation stage for the conference. Others have been convicted of their sins and even felt compelled to confess them. It is really good to see their hunger to learn the Scriptures (both at church and during their personal devotions) and their desire to make Jesus known to their friends and acquaintances. They draw others into the church and witness for Jesus whenever they have the opportunity. There seems to be a genuine transformation occurring, wrought by God.

However, we have also seen numerous attacks, as the battle is becoming increasingly intense. Some people are suffering a lot, and we pray that God would draw us closer to Him and deliver us from all troubles. Two key people have already been disabled, who were supposed to give their testimonies at the conference. They are now unable to do so. The attacks are frequent and widespread across our church. I have myself been attacked from all sides, though God has thus far delivered me from each attack, including two physical attacks that were swiftly dealt with through prayer.

Although we have suffered a lot, it seems that God has used this to strengthen our faith and draw us closer to one another. Our prayers are more meaningful than ever, because we are praying with a purpose for God’s Kingdom, while undergoing trials and tribulation.

All in all, we are excited about what God is accomplishing, but we realize how much prayer we need. If you are so led, please pray for the following things:

1) Please pray that God might grant us an open door to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the citizens of Portland. Obviously, people can find so many excuses why not to attend the conference, including disinterest, busyness, or simply forgetting. We pray that somehow, God would draw people to hear the Gospel.

2) Please pray that God would help us through the numerous attacks that are coming our way, that we would persevere in prayer and boldness to proclaim the message of the cross, finding our refuge in Christ.

3) Please pray that God would convict people of their sins, righteousness, and judgment, bringing people to salvation. This can only be accomplished if the Gospel is clearly and faithfully proclaimed, under the power of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you so much for your prayers.
In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/4/3 20:42Profile
mama27

Re: SERIOUS NEED FOR PRAYER - MANY ATTACKS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

I will commit to pray as I am able. I hear your heart for your people. The need is so great everywhere! Enemy attack is a sure sign that you are doing something for God...May He bring forth much fruit!

2011/4/3 21:18Profile

Quote:
Although we have suffered a lot, it seems that God has used this to strengthen our faith and draw us closer to one another. Our prayers are more meaningful than ever, because we are praying with a purpose for God’s Kingdom, while undergoing trials and tribulation.

Your post was like reading a passage from the New Testament. What wonderful things God is doing in Maine. I praise God for you brother and to the saints there and God is doing wonderful things. Praise the living Christ and the incredible strength that He is giving to these Muslims.

Thank you for this report brother, it encourages us to pray. I like what you said above, "We are praying with purpose". Oh happy Day, when Jesus washed our sins away. Thank God, thanks be to God, I rejoice with you, may the Joy of the Lord be your continual strength. Bless God forever.

Holy to the Lord, Holiness to the Lord. Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord.

Glory to God!!!

2011/4/3 21:59

Re:

Joining in prayer with the others Brother.
We Serve a Mighty GOD!
He's amazed me more times than I can tell you in ways that seemed impossible at the time. When I'd be sicker than I'd ever felt and He'd work more then than when I felt better.
He wants all of the Glory and I believe that's all that this is all about, in this Service for The King.

Bless you all up there and we'll press-in with you until -- well - until we're with Him.
GOD Bless His ministry and those with you!

2011/4/3 22:57
Renoncer

Re:

Mama27, Approved, and Jesus-is-GOD,

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments. It encourages me to know that people are praying with us. May God receive all the glory for He comes to our aid.

In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/4/4 7:19Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

All glory to God. I believe too these attacks are used to bring you all into a deeper and more powerful and intense prayer for what is to come. That darkness will be held back and the Glorious Light will shine down.

This is an exciting time we live in and I too shall join you all in prayer. It is always good to ask for prayer. Jesus is Lord and King over your people and your conference. Amen and and Amen!

2011/4/4 11:57Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

What a wonderful work to be a part of. This is where He is most glorified. There must be a considerable unseen battle raging. May He supply those who can speak to His miracle work in bringing the dead to life.

2011/4/4 16:54Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Joyful_Heart and Lylewise,

Thank you so much for your prayers. You have no idea how much these prayers mean to me. We are definitely feeling the pressure here. I know I'm only running on pure grace; I ran out of energy long ago.

Renoncer

2011/4/4 21:14Profile
Changomono

Re:

Renoncer,
I am praying with you for your requests. Posted them here, too:

http://thegospelmustfirstbepreached.blogspot.com/2011/04/pray-for-preachers-of-gospel-in.html

"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open a door to us for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison--that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak"

- Colossians 4:2-6

2011/4/5 3:42Profile
allensmith

Quote:
Satan is throwing everything he can to stop this work from being accomplished.

Are you sure, wait till you see God's Eternal Purpose - New Jerusalem, the corporate expression of Christ in oneness, then I would say Satan is throwing everything he can to stop this work from being accomplished.

2011/4/5 6:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy