SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SermonIndex, for the Seeing Impaired !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

SermonIndex, for the Seeing Impaired !

You all may already know this. I did know it but never needed to use this feature, until I misplaced my reading glasses this week. They're only 1.50 mags, but still needed to avoid eye strain.

With Windows Internet Explorer - I have had the size of thread pages, bumped up as far as 275% on a laptop -- that's a 'Custom' setting, but right now, just for comfort, I've left it on 200% .... Just enough to still be able to read the main content of threads.

I just thought it's extra neat, the way SI is set up - so that anyone can magnify the size of the page THAT MUCH.

:o)

Very Good & Thanks!!!

2011/4/3 15:30

Re: SermonIndex, for the Seeing Impaired !

I found my glasses - but now I'm spoiled, so find myself liking bumping it up to 125 to 150 nevertheless.

Happy eyes!

2011/4/3 18:30
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Friend,
can you please show me how to work this feature.

Blessings.

2011/4/3 19:33Profile

Re:

Sounds neat. I have an app that magnified my screen. Still.working on spell check for my Droid.

2011/4/3 20:29

Re:

Hi and GOD Bless Unto Babes and Martyr.

UntoBabes, if you're using Windows Internet Explorer, you should see at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen it saying 100%. If you do see that, you just click on it and it'll bring up the size options.

If you don't see it there - you'll need to go up top to "Tools" and then you'll see "Toolbars" and you'll want to be sure there's a check by "Status Bar".

The Status bar should be at the bottom of your IE window.

Let us know how you make out.

And no one should be worried about spelling. It's what's in the heart that counts. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm typing, nonetheless if I've spelled anything properly and my Grammar comes from a bunch of Europeans who raised me. The folks overseas, like in Greece or countries who's grammar is about the same as theirs, understand me just fine. :p

You probably have seen this already. It went around Forwarded in emails for years - but I'll post it here anyway - just for fun -

"Can you read this?"

"if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!"

Bless you both!

2011/4/3 22:31
HeartSong

Re:

Oh what a useful tool! There are a few things that I have been wanting to zoom in on, and here you come with the answer! :)

FYI, for Firefox it is ctrl++ and ctrl--

I also like your "reading exercise" - who would have thought - well, it really is something to think about.

Thank you, and God bless you.

2011/4/3 22:45Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Wow, big difference from 100% to 125%. Bless you JiG.

Hey, I was able to read that last paragraph easy. You are right, the mind does the correcting for you.

Thanks again. Very thoughtful.

2011/4/4 0:50Profile

Re:

Sis Heartsong, Thank You! Your firefox method works on Internet Explorer as well. Hey, that's even easier!
UntoBabes, it bumps it up in increments of 10 with each click. On my laptop, I was still able to get the whole page in at 160.
If I go "Custom" on the IE, I can get it up to 162 with the whole page.

Well, this has been fun. I'm on 162 now, with my reading glasses on. Won't miss a trick now, seeing This much. :o)

Now if I could just bump up my IQ, we may get somewhere.

Thanks again Sis Heartsong. I'll have to spread the word around here at the old folks home. You'll have to forgive me - I'm still trying to adjust to living in "Senior Housing" - What? Is that where I am? Oh nooo!

GOD Bless you all. Thank GOD we can pray one for another.

SEE you all when we SEE HIM. No glasses needed.

P.S. - I also use Edit in-place of the Preview button. :)

2011/4/4 2:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy