SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : End times insanity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen as well Martyr.

I PMed what ever site I knew of to our Brother.

GOD Bless you All !!!

2011/3/31 17:43
staff

Re: End times insanity

hi Deadn,
I can see why you say what you say about the end times but I would disagree.
We have to look at the importance God the father and Jesus Christ his son has put on the end times.

Then we have to look at how the devil loves to confuse everything.He can use any subject to get christians of the narrow path to God.Its not the subjects fault.If your logic was right we would have to abandon all doctrine.

Then we have to look at !ministries!that jump on the band wagon who arent called to preach on the subject in the first place but do so only for selfish worldly reasons.
When I see this I too roll my eyes!

Then we have to look at the issues you bring up about different end time doctrines.I do get fustrated myself with this but God continues to draw me back to look at the subject.
My reccomendation is to study the subject for a while with out outside influence and ask God to guide your study.
You dont have to look at other peoples agendas just try and figure it out yourself with the bible and the Holy Spirit.
Their is a huge blessing thier waiting for you.The more I find out about Gods plan the more I am in awe of him.
I feel the same as you in relation to another subject rivival but I must not throw the baby out with the bath water! Yours Staff

2011/3/31 18:10Profile

Quote:
Then I hear 'evidences' of the end times as a result of all of the trouble happening in the middle east and it always seems to me that people are using events to fit their thinking agenda of end times stuff.

I agree with you.

We have no idea how many times some catastrophic event happens or there is wars that believers get on some tangent and declares that the end is near.

When Hitler rose to power and was sweeping across Europe, Christians believed that Hitler was thee Anti Christ and the Jews received a tattoo in their forearm.

During the 80's there was gloom over the world whether or not America and Russia were going to be at war at any moment. People believed that Armageddon was going to take place in that decade.

When the war in the gulf during the 90's started, believers again were saying, "this is it".

Whenever there is an earthquake, or some terrible thing happen we automatically assume that this has meaning. Yet, I just see it as man and his wicked heart doing wicked things, or the earth going through her menstrual cycle.

When Vesuvius blew it's top in AD 79 and the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum two cities were buried with ash and magma, Christians would have thought that the end was near. If we are doing it today, they would have thought the same thing then.

When San Francisco had it's earthquake in 1906, called a wicked city in that day (still is), believers than would have thought that the end was near for a year later the Azusa street revival broke out which probably solidified their theory because of the misinterpreted verse that Peter said that in the last days God would pour out His Spirit upon all flesh.

Earthquakes were in diverse places, as mentioned of the one in SF in 1906, just ten years before was the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan 1896 that killed 26,000 souls. Coupled with a revival and war and rumours of war were being uttered, believers believed that the end of was near.

I find it a sheer waste of energy telling people that the end is near. Our end is always near, we could die today. I could have a heart attack tonight (God forbid), my end came and I will not have a care about planet earth and what happens down here anymore.

Whether He comes again soon or never, it has no bearing on the fact that men and women still need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and be reconciled to God through His shed blood. People need to experience a resurrection of life within them through the power of the Holy Spirit which is given to them that repent and obey the gospel.

2011/3/31 20:12
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Check out this site for info concerning the frequency of earthquakes.

http://www.earth.webecs.co.uk/

2011/3/31 20:27Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Birth pangs! The contractions are getting closer together! We all get excited at every contraction! Right! Creation is groaning!

Having said that, I agree that many try to plug events into their agenda to give themselves a sense of purpose or something.

Ruf

2011/4/1 8:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
I agree that many try to plug events into their agenda to give themselves a sense of purpose or something.

I believe you have hit on the real cause.

2011/4/1 9:51
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Thus the Insanity of it all.

A person can really go off the deep end with 'end times' stuff. The Camping camp is a currently result of this. I hope some of those people will wake up before May 21 comes otherwise they will have a great falling away. The power of delusion is so great!

2011/4/1 9:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Birth pangs!

Birth pangs at the onset are almost imperceptible. It is not until later that one can look back and say 'Yes, it started at ...' Most of the time these early pains can not be discerned from the normal pains that accompany discomfort common to a late pregnancy.

So it is, I think, with end times calamities. If we were to look only at one aspect of it, one could easily dismiss the rhetoric about us now living right at the end times - like it could be so soon as humans understand 'soon'. But there are other signs and how are they lining up? One must look at the entire picture...

To buy guns to protect oneself - I find disturbing. If you are ready to die, why fight that inevitability? Consider Revelation 13:10 NASB: "If anyone is to be taken captive,
to captivity he goes; if anyone is to be slain with the sword, with the sword must he be slain. Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints." Perhaps those who declare one must arm themselves do have an agenda - like selling guns? Remember Y2K when people went all out and purchased guns and ammunitions?

My thoughts this morning....

2011/4/1 10:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Bottom line is, we cannot do anything but prepare, but what do we prepare for? I know were I am going when I leave here, so that gives me a peace within to just enjoy the now, rather that focusing on what may or may not come in my life time. In Psalm 56:11 the psalmist writes, “In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Trusting God is a refusal to give in to fear. It is a turning to God even in the darkest times and trusting Him to make things right. This trust comes from knowing God and knowing that He is good. As Job said when he was experiencing some of the most difficult trials recorded in the Bible, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him”.

2011/4/1 11:22Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Quote:
A reasonable approach to end time insanity would be to watch and pray and read the signs of his return on the gospels.

And I would add: This is the day the Lord has made let us be glad in it and rejoice. It is no mistake that we are here at this time in history. For such a time as this.

We do see the signs - we no not the time. With rejoicing in today for who He is and that we are in Him, allowing the Holy Spirit to break us as He sees fit, getting our hearts right with Him, seeking His face in private times, in the Word, in prayer & intercession, staying close as to hear His voice, preparing ourselves to be His bride, no matter if He were coming today or tomorrow or in 100 years.

Quote:
by MrBillPro on 2011/4/1 7:22:55 Bottom line is, we cannot do anything but prepare, but what do we prepare for? I know were I am going when I leave here, so that gives me a peace within to just enjoy the now, rather that focusing on what may or may not come in my life time. In Psalm 56:11 the psalmist writes, “In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Trusting God is a refusal to give in to fear. It is a turning to God even in the darkest times and trusting Him to make things right. This trust comes from knowing God and knowing that He is good. As Job said when he was experiencing some of the most difficult trials recorded in the Bible, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him”.

The fact is we are secure but what about the millions who are going to hell. That's where I feel the burden. To share the good news. Many may not hear and receive now but there comes a time when the Holy Spirit will remind them of the Scriptures and they will run to Him.

Actually the Lord has increased my love and boldness. (It came upon me the other day sis)

Repent . Be baptized & filled with the Holy Ghost! We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. God sent His Son - He paid the price. RSVP. Said and meant with the true love of Jesus.

I pray each one of us here that our burden for the lost will increase 100 fold and we will not have such "ingrown eyeballs". We have so much of Him, we need it to flow out to others. All glory to God. Help us to not be satisfied in knowing You Lord but break our hearts for those who don't. Amen and Amen!

2011/4/1 12:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy