SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Honestly...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

mguldner,

I have noticed that your answer to the question that anonymous777 asked was no.

To put it simply, If you have never eaten the flesh of the Son af man and drank Hid blood, You are Not saved. All the humility and honesty you may possess will count for nothing.

However, being honest and humble are a must . Those who want to be delivered must come to God with absolute honesty and humility. The problem is that many never advance any further than this to abtain real salvation.

You must eat the flesh of Jesus and drink His blood. When you do, you will know it and will not need to post a thread here to get the affirmation of man that will count for nothing on the day odf Judgment.

Don't be like many who merely had some crackers and juice, made a mental consent to the biblical facts. I am not talking about a Catholic communion service but I am talking about the salvation experience.

Salvation is a real and tangible experience. it is not merely head knowledge of what Jesus did on the cross for you.

Shut yourself in with God as if you have only one day to live and insist on getting confirmation from him. Ask him to save you and fill you with the Holy Spirit. You will know it when it happens.

2011/3/28 12:38Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Honestly...

My wife and I will be praying for you, Matthew.

I would simply remind you that God knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). All of the wonderful things that He has shown you...or done for you...was done from His timeless perspective in Eternity.

God didn't waste His efforts on you. He must know of the things that He has in store for you if you "faint not."

Be encouraged, dear brother! He is God on the mountain tops...and the God who is with us through the valleys (including the valley of the shadow of death). There are seasons...and I pray that you will yield fruit in season.

We are praying for you.

Psalm 18

2011/3/28 12:52Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you untobabes for your honesty, I am uncertain if I have ate of His flesh and drank of His blood, can you please tell me how? I do desire salvation and I believe if I don't have then God is bringing me to that place, Not of my works but through shear grace that I don't deserve. I also highly doubt I have ever been baptised in the Holy Spirit. Listening to Carter Conlon's testimony pretty well opened me to this by listening to his experience with the Holy Spirit.

I desire to dance like a madman for Christ like David did when the Ark of the Covenant was placed in Jerusalem. I know salvation is tangible and real which is why David proclaims in his psalms "OH TASTE and SEE that the LORD IS GOOD." My prayer now is Christ would open my blind eyes and moisten my dry tongue to do these things.

2011/3/29 1:10Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

mguldner,

I was thhinking about sending a private message but maybe it would help some other searching soul if posted here.

I actually struggle with the same things you do.
I started listening to sermons on revival about two years ago. That was eye openning because I discovered that what I possessed may not be actual salvation. I loved Jesus with all my heart, and even suffered for Him, but I have never actually come to the point where I saw Him in my soul hanging on the cross for my personal sins. I have never had a conviction of sin as described in those accounts I have never come to a point where I felt condemned by God and hanging as it were by a spiders thread ready to fall in everlasting tourment.

I know that every person has a unique experience of salvation but i truly think that there aught to be a common theme when one is confronted with the holiness of God.

So, I went on my search for these missing essential elements. I asked God to save me if I was not saved. and if I was, to save me some more, to the utter most.

I knew there were things in me that were not saved, insensitivities, lack of zeal, lack of fervent prayer, lack of love and concern for the lost, selfeshness,...and the list goes on.

I knew that God saves from these things and If I in my sinful state did not like them, then God must hate and abhore them as much as He is holier, and righteous than I.

Why then was He silent? Why was He not confronting me and demanding that I would repent?

Was I getting closer to that dividing line that marks the difference between the destiny of mankind to glory or dispair, where eveything is at ease until that day of great surprises when we will face the Lord.

As I began to pray, God began to show me things I didn't realise I did. A promise I made to him 16 years ago when I wasn't even saved , but I went to a church and lit some candles and promised God if He answered my prayers on a certain matter, i will give Him my life. He did answer, but I completely forgot about that promise.

He began to show me things I didn't know about myself, sins I thought I had victory over, only they manifested themselves in other forms bacause the root was still there.

I had never known that salvation cost so much. The moment my knees hit the floor now tears of gratitude of God's mercy and remorse of my short comings starts flowing that can go on for hours at a time.

The other day I went shopping in Walmart and insisted on a certain color on the bed comforter that I really liked. I got what I wanted, but when I got home I felt aweful like the most wreched sinner and rightfully so. We think sin is committing the big things, but sin is any area in us that is not fully surrenderd to the Lordship of Christ.

I am still on my journey, but just wanted you to know that sometimes we can be blinded and God will let us go on in our blindness until we stop everything we are doing and say: Something is wrong! I am living as if I am god. Yes I claim His name and pray, I give to the poor and go to church, I submit to His Word in the most part. But only until we ask God to reveal to us how He sees us for who we really are, we can go on to the point of no return.

Some have already passed that point to a dead conscience in the name of grace. They say: Yes, I am living in sin, but praise be to God for seeing me through the finished work of Christ. I am covered in his righteouness. I am under grace and not under the law. As they sleep on their beds of adultery thinking that every time God is trying to see what they are doing, His holy eyes sees them covered with the blanket of the blood of Jesus, and therefore, His wrath is subsided.

I believe God is working with you, because you are aware of of your sin, but friend, this is only the beginning.

Tell God that you are not satisfied with where you are at. you want to go deeper, you want Him to point out to you actuall sins to repent of and forsake, and be forgiven in the blood of His dear Son. You will be amazed what He will reveal to you. But do not be afraid, He will never reveal anything to you that He is not willing to forgive. God does not reveal our sins to us because He enjoys to condemn us but because He wants to be our Father,He wants to have a relationship with us that is not hindered by sin. But God is Holy, and stubborn. He will never lower His standards for any one including Jesus himself, who although He was a Son, learned obedience by the things which He suffered, Gird yourself, therefore, with this same mind, which was also in Christ.

The seal of salvation is to be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is something you can not miss, you will know when you have it. Even if you know for sure that you are saved but you are not filled with the Holy Spirit, you have reasons to think that your salvation is not complete. The Holy Spirit is Jesus Himself living in us. If we can do nothing without Him, then how can we live our salvation without being filled with the Holy Spirit.

God Bless you Matt. You have a truly humble spirit. There are many praying for you including me. I need yor prayers also. Pary that God would give me a heart that loves him above all, free from the lust of this world.

2011/3/30 12:39Profile
HeartSong

I prayed for you earlier today, and then later, as I was reading Deuteronomy, you came to mind. "The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways." - Deuteronomy 28:9. And then it occurred to me that the music that you listen to might be getting in the way.

That which we see, and hear, is a partaking of sorts - and much that is in the world today is pure poison.

2011/3/31 1:57Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Heartsong I just gotta love you for that, I have prayed fervently about the topic of music and I got to say the heart behind it is what matters. I understand your concern but I don't even really listen to "heavy" Christian Rock. However it is my conviction that God is glorified apart from musical style but is glorified in the attitude and intentions of those playing the music and the lyrical content in itself. You don't know the intentions of the heart of every Christian artist do you? I don't think that is your place to judge.

As for my salvation being hinder by music? I am would doubt for the songs I listen to most are about salvation and coming to Christ and our beautiful relationship with the Father. I do appreciate your post but what exalts Christ is hardly poison for a Kingdom divided can't possibly stand. If Satan were in the music he would surely change the God Glorifying words as well. BUT If you wish to further discuss this I would gladly continue it in the Music(debate) thread.

2011/3/31 5:32Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Untobabes thank you for your post and testimony, Also thank you for all who are praying it is greatly appreciated. I have found encouragement not only from you but from sitting quietly reading the Psalms of David and being in prayer.

I know its a long road and a lonely one at that and I am just glad I have others of like mind that are here to encourage me down the proper road. I have found that prefection is in Christ alone and His work on the cross and that I too must cling to the beloved Cross OR else my flesh will rise up. I am still seeking to be enveloped in the Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ or Baptised in the Holy Spirit. In searching I found the way of the cross is one of humility and self denial. The narrow was means being wronged even when I could rightfully take my brother to court that its better to turn the other cheek. For the longest time I have been facinated by the Sermon on the Mount lifestyle and for some time I had been trying to live it on my own BUT Christ has shown me I am not worthy to walk this path without Him and His righteous blood to atone. I now know I need Him above all else and its not of my own but only because HE is in me working out my salvation from glory to glory.

I know I may at times fall into the swamp of dispair as Christian did in the Pilgrim's Progress but I refuse to be like Mr.Pilable and return to the town of destruction.

Continue praying for me at this swamp is a deep one but Christ is my shelter in whom I take refuge and He is my vindicator, my strength, my source, my strong tower.

2011/3/31 5:43Profile
mama27

Re:

Untobabes, I thank you for your post as well, and for your transparency. Your experience has been mine also - it is a continual giving up, and giving up, and giving up. It is the laying down of my desire to be god in my own life. The more we know of Christ, and the more He reveals to us, the more we realize we don't know Him. It is that analogy of the peeling away the layers of the onion. Painful as it is, praise God that He is faithful, even when we are not.

Mguldner, I have been praying for you, and will continue...

2011/3/31 7:47Profile

This is how Oswald Chambers describes the process - 'continuous conversion'!

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=45&topic_id=36744&post_id=271062&viewmode=thread&order=0#271062

2011/3/31 10:53
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
You don't know the intentions of the heart of every Christian artist do you? I don't think that is your place to judge.

Back when the LORD was sorting through what He would have me to hear, and what He would have me not to hear, I loaded Whitney Houston's "Jesus Loves Me" on my computer. Later, when I went to bed, He had me get up and delete it off of my computer before I could rest. Later I found out what she had become.

I do not know the intentions of the artists hearts, but the LORD does, and clearly it does matter to Him. And while I do not know if these things affect our eternal salvation, I do know that they affect our communion with the LORD.

I care about you and would have it that you be safely wrapped in His ever loving arms. That is why I prayed, and that is why I replied and brought forth what He put upon my heart.

God bless you and keep you.

EDIT: The LORD does not like my comment about my not knowing if these things affect our eternal salvation - and it has to do with Jericho.

2011/3/31 13:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy