SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many SermonIndex-ers are in a church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: How many SermonIndex-ers are in a church?

Yes, I fellowship at a local Calvary Chapel, we meet formally on Sunday mornings and evenings, and also Wednesday evening. There are some dear brothers and sisters in Christ there and I thank God for what He has done there.

I would like very much to be a part of a fellowship along the lines of what TA Sparks wrote about. As you may know he was a Baptist minister but left as a result of what he called a deep work of the cross. He felt led to abandon institutional religion of his day. He then wrote about what he called the "organic church"...

Thus, having set aside all the former system of organised Christianity, we committed ourselves to the principle of the organic. No ‘order’ was ‘setup’, no officers or ministries were appointed. We left it with the Lord to make manifest by ‘gift’ and anointing who were chosen of Him for oversight and ministry. The one-man ministry has never emerged. The ‘overseers’ have never been chosen by vote or selection, and certainly not by the expressed desire of any leader. No committees or official bodies have ever existed in any part of the work. Things in the main have issued from prayer. We are very conscious that mistakes have been made, but the result of these has only served to re-emphasize the above principles.”

2011/3/27 20:05Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

Very well said. God wants us to understand authority; we must be careful that in leaving churches we aren't taking ourselves out from under the authority our Shepherd has placed over us to instruct, mold and maybe discipline us.

Watchman Nee had some things to say about this topic in one of his three books about church. My wife is asleep so I can't go and look for it right now :)...but I recall him saying something to the effect that if a church sanctioned by the Lord has sent a group of believers out then they are a church also, otherwise they are not to be considered a church.

Now I will have to make sure of this another time.

2011/3/27 22:39Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

I left the Southern Baptist church we attended roughly six months ago. I was the hold out in my family for I desperately believe in the necessity of fellowship. I came to Christ 3 years ago after being in the church for 30. It did not go well after that but I will spare you the details. We fellowship at home and study God's living words. I fellowship with a running partner who still attends my old church. My sister is a sister with whom I am in continual contact with, as she has a wonderful heart for Christ. When we left our church, I felt the immediate need to get right back into another, but now I know that was motivated more by habit and a form of guilt than anything else. I was most concerned as the spiritual leader of my family that by not having them in formal church, they would be missing out. God has given me more in this time than I could have ever imagined. He has been so gracious and more than faithful. I cannot praise and thank Him enough. I want my children to desire Christ more than anything else I can think of. Maybe God will lead us to an organic home group or whatever. Right now I take it day by day and thank God daily for my new life and all He has so graciously provided. He is faithful.

2011/3/27 22:58Profile
mama27

Re:

Quote:
but the negative spiritual climate Greg described is also very real. So I was wondering how people coped with these things.

I have read most of the posts, but I am wondering how people cope with the negative spiritual climate. I may have missed it, but haven't seen that addressed really.

When I attended a Revival Conference at Indianapolis, I thought that if only we could find a church like that. Not in our area, that is for sure! Makes heaven all the dearer :)

2011/3/27 23:00Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

I am a member of a local assembly of God church. It is a very good church, I am very happy serving in this local body and I would encourage everyone to find a local church to get involved in and serve!

2011/3/28 0:11Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

I am a member of a local church.It's a russian speaking pentecostal congregation,with strong links to a large brotherhood in former soviet union republics and baltic states.We are also friends with many other congregations.we have 1 meeting on sunday morning,also 3 meeting during the week,2 prayer meetings + Bible study.I really thank God for my church here.

2011/3/28 6:01Profile

We have been on the outside of the buildings for nearly 10 years.

OJ

2011/3/28 7:27
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Standing with Jesus - on the outside of the building for all our Christian life 25+ years

2011/3/28 10:14Profile

My brother, I want to commend you for asking this question.

The thing that comes to mind for me, is the picture painted for us in the book of Revelation, wherein Christ is pictured outside of the church of Laodicia, which is a type of the modern day church, and His subsequent rebuke and call to repentance of those members of that church who were in reality wretched, poor, blind and naked..

It has been my belief for quite some time, that God's presence has not been within the walls of these modern day Laodician type churches, and He has been calling His true church out of the established, ritualistic, formal church building, weather physically or by way of system of belief, and separating for Himself men and women seeking to worship Him in spirit and in truth. The testimonies of all in this thread confirm just this.

My wife and I have been attending church via the internet for quite some time. We also have our own personal prayer and bible study time on a daily basis as we seek God for His purpose for us in these last days.

It has been our desire as well for quite some time to find a fellowship of believers were we can worship our God together with them and be edified and encouraged by one another. In all our searching, we have to this date been continually disappointed. The last church we visited, had a worship service that turned out to be a "Carnival" type atmosphere that left my wife and I so unsettled that we have never gone back.

We are continually asking God however to lead us to a place, not a perfect place for none such exists, but a place where His presence is evident, and His Word is preached. Without a doubt God always has a remnant so we know that such a place exists. We continue to pray that God guides us.

2011/3/28 10:28

Re:

With Jesus and others, outside the camp.

Heb 13:13

2011/3/28 11:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy