SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Fred Phelps Thanks God for the Shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Fred Phelps Thanks God for the Shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpkxoql4xz0

2011/3/22 1:56
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Fred Phelps Thanks God for the Shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

Is it the extreme factor of this guy and his church that the media pay him any attention?

He is nothing more than an independent fundamentalist baptist preacher who has a chip on his shoulder. He chip became a seed that has grown and has infiltrated his entire family to spread a message of totaly angry in America. These people don't know the meaning of love. They only know to shout as an Islamic terrorist does. When you look into his eye there is no compassion. Only personal resentment and personal anger spreading as a spider web.

2011/3/22 16:49Profile
PassinThru

Re:

We don't take vengeance and we don't applaud vengeance.

Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

nuff said.

2011/3/22 17:31Profile

yep

Quote:
He is nothing more than an independent fundamentalist baptist preacher who has a chip on his shoulder. He chip became a seed that has grown and has infiltrated his entire family to spread a message of totaly angry in America. These people don't know the meaning of love. They only know to shout as an Islamic terrorist does. When you look into his eye there is no compassion. Only personal resentment and personal anger spreading as a spider web.

indeed, it kind of reminds me of some of the postings i see on this forum from time to time.

quoting Scripture, throwing in some condemnation, salted with a bit of righteous indignation, wrapped in the fat of religion and set to bake at 450 degrees.

kind of like this gem when Jerry Falwell died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW0JjDeye6U&playnext=1&list=PL586A055F08C4537D

its terrible to watch, right?....because you realize that their are so many unsaved people out there, and men that scream the loudest, like Fred, get the attention in the popular media. Which is why, when we post, we should try and be measured with Grace and Love, because we have many visitors here.

2011/3/22 18:58
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: yep

Quote:
Natan4Jesus..indeed, it kind of reminds me of some of the postings i see on this forum from time to time. quoting Scripture, throwing in some condemnation, salted with a bit of righteous indignation, wrapped in the fat of religion and set to bake at 450 degrees.

Speaking of kitchen, baking and cooking, you forgot the pot calling the kettle black. Lol

2011/3/22 19:02Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Sad... all in the name of religion.

2011/3/22 19:11Profile

bill pro

Quote:
Speaking of kitchen, baking and cooking, you forgot the pot calling the kettle black. Lol

maybe you're right.....feel free to lol again.

2011/3/22 19:59
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Fred Phelps Thanks God for the Shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

I think it is fair to say that when certain people get religion, thinking it is Jesus, their whole being goes wacko in the name of religion. Instead of individuals devoting themselves to their own inner fellowship and reaching out to their fellowman they turn it all around and becomes the pitbull 'for the kingdom' thus causing millions to run the other way and then accuse them of loving their sin because a rabit dog is running them off. How often does such a thing happen in the church?

Flip it around, the message can be so weak that it becomes a kind of universalism. In such a case you ask yourself, when then am I going to church if everyone eventually goes to heaven?

2011/3/23 8:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy