SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Two men preaching religion shot to death in Boynton Beach

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Two men preaching religion shot to death in Boynton Beach

BOYNTON BEACH — Jeriah Woody executed two men who made the mistake of preaching religion to the 18-year-old, a witness has told police.

Woody, who turned himself in to Boynton Beach police Wednesday, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the Saturday night deaths of Stephen Ocean, 23, and Tite Sufra, 24, near the Boynton Beach city library.

He was expected to be taken to the Palm Beach County Jail later today and have a bond hearing Thursday. Boynton Beach spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said this afternoon he was still being questioned and she would not immediately provide information about a motive.

A woman who identified herself as Ocean's sister, but did not want to give her name, said the two men, best friends, were ministers who were ordained last year and had turned their lives around after run-ins with law enforcement. She did not want to identify the church with which they were aligned.

"They go around and minister to boys and say where they came from," the sister said. "They did that all day and all night."

Jail records show no adult arrests for Sufra. Ocean was arrested in 2003 on robbery charges and in 2004 for violating probation on previous battery and petit theft convictions. He was arrested in 2006 for carrying a concealed firearm and resisting an officer.

Jail records show no adult arrests for Woody.

According to a Boynton Beach police report, a person who was with the two slain men told police that, about 8 p.m Saturday, the three were walking through the neighborhood, preaching, and encountered Woody under a tree.

They had been preaching to him for about 15 minutes when he received a call on his cellphone.

The three heard him tell the person on the phone that he was "right down the street."

He then told the three preachers he had to go.

As the three began walking east, they noticed Woody running toward them.

The friend said he saw Sufra walk toward Woody; he then saw a flash and saw Sufra fall.

Ocean began running and was dropped by a shot to the buttocks, the witness said.

He said Woody then walked up to Ocean and shot him in the head execution-style.

The third man was able to flee and call police, the report said.

Officers found the two lying in the 100 block of Southwest Second Avenue.

On Tuesday, a source alerted detectives to a man with the street name of "plug" who matched the description of the shooter.

The man who'd been preaching with the two other men picked Woody out of a lineup, the report said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/two-men-preaching-religion-shot-to-death-in-211257.html

2011/3/21 21:02Profile

Re: Two men preaching religion shot to death in Boynton Beach

We knew that it would be only a natter
matter of time before persecution came to America. May God honor these two martyrs who have passed into glory. May God save.the young man who shot them.

2011/3/21 23:11
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Please pray for as we go downtown each Tues. morning to share the Word, pray and have coffee & donuts for all who come. The Lord has been blessing it a lot. Glory to God.

I am not afraid of what man can do to me.

But it is wisdom to ask for prayer. Prayer for the ears to hear and hearts to repent and receive their Savior. Pray that the Lord will bring many to Himself. A hedge of protection for all that come.

This is how I want to be found. Sharing Jesus or worshiping Him. Glory to God and thank you all for your prayers. You are precious children of God. Amen

2011/3/22 11:25Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Amen Sheri. I'll pray with you.

2011/3/22 11:31Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank you dear Sister Star,

We appreciate it so much. O, the Presence of the Lord during worship was so awesome in the middle of an open area where we have proclaimed Jesus Lord & King over.

One young boy that came last week that we loved on him with the love of Jesus & he let us pray for him, morman background, was waiting for us today when I arrived to help bring the table and hot water.

The worship words were so beautiful to lift up Jesus as our Savior. The Word spoken was powerful as well. Glory to God. It is the most exciting thing in the world when the Holy Spirit is leading and Jesus is King of King and Lord of Lord over what we are doing. He is leading and glory to God, we are following!

And last night at Church there were only about 10 of us but the Holy Spirit was there and intercession came on some of us. Mine was mostly for the ones we have been praying for who have been persecuted all over. In Asia, China, Egypt etc. The Holy Spirit just broke hearts and gave the words and passion to pray for them. All glory to God.

We are so very blessed and humbled to be His. We love Him because He first loved us. While we were yet in sin He died in our place. We honor Him with Holy lives abandoned to Him and with great passion in love with Him. For He is worthy!
~~~~~~~~~~
Another mark on this bondservant is a circumcision made without hands. This speaks of total separation from the world and unto Christ. It means that all self-made plans, schemes, and dreams are abandoned, and the concerns and burdens of the Lord become supreme. by David Wilkerson

2011/3/22 16:43Profile

Re:

So this happened a month ago....

Well I guess they weren't Muslim or Mormon or scientology.

If they were any of those I almost bet it would have made national news and there would be a big debate about it.

God blees them for being faithfull to go to the streets and suffer and die for Jesus.

2011/3/22 19:22

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy