SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God hates the sinners

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
"Workers of Iniquity" are those that KNOW who the Lord is. They KNOW that God is God but they have chosen their own way. They love their ways, they relish in it. They devise ways of corrupting others.

I've heard this also used as being the description of the ultimate sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The one which Christ said there is no forgiveness for. Point of no return. And I would say that I probably agree. Interesting for sure.

2011/3/21 10:10
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I remember reading an analogy once from John MacArthur through which he tried to explain how God can both love and hate sinners at the same time.

MacArthur compared it to a relationship between a husband and an unfaithful wife who commits adultery. When the husband finds out about the adultery he may very well still emotionally love his wife because of all the years they've been together. At the same time he will feel hurt and indignant and angry toward her for her adulterous act. He will have both feelings of love and anger at the same time at that moment. I know that is not the greatest analogy but I thought it explains how you can both hate and love someone at the same time.

2011/3/21 10:17Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
Never did Jesus or any of His Apostles ever tell the lost multitudes, “God loves you”.

Jesus may not have told sinners directly that God loves them but in Matthew 5: 43-48 Jesus commands us to be perfect in love even as God is perfect in love V.48

Perfection in love is illustrated in loving not only our friends but also our enemies V.44, just as God loves His enemies V.45

God shows His love to those who curse, hate, despitefully use, and persecute Him and His followers.

God's love for His enemies is shown in the fact that He gives them rain and sunshine V.45

But we know that many of those who enjoy the love of God now manifested in His goodness will be thrown in eternal hell.

Then we must ask: What kind of love that God has for the ungodly. Is it unconditional love, or is it a love that drives to a purpose?

In Romans 2: 3-6 we see the purpose of the goodness of God towards the ungodly. It is to bring him to repentance.

if that purpose is not met by the sinner, God's love manifested in His longfuffering, goodness will no longer exist.

There is a balance that must be sought that is not found in most messages. Those who preach that God loves every one unconditionally, and those who say that God hates sinners have incomplete messages.

The reason for this on the part of some is due to their desire to put God in a box in their finite, human brains. It does not fit their understanding of the immutability of God.
How could God judge for eternity those whom He loves now?

But they forget that God is righteous. He must leave the sinners with NO excuse as to why they rejected His love.

2011/3/21 11:31Profile

Re:

Amen, UntoBabes. Very well said!

2011/3/21 12:23
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

some more scriptures to consider.
I have hated those who regard useless idols;
But I trust in the LORD.
ps 31:6

The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
Ps 37:12-13.

I think it was D.A carson or Abidoram judson who said
that it say 14 times in the 50 first psalms of the bible that God hates the wicked, sinner etc.

2011/3/21 12:43Profile

Re:

Rom 8:29 For whom He did FOREKNOW...

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away His people which He FOREKNEW.

1Pe 1:2 "Elect according to the FOREKNOWLEDGE of God the Father"...

The "Elect" are those whom GOD FOREKNEW & FOREKNOWS will come to Him and He surely does not at any time Hate them, even if they've not come under His protective Salvation as yet - He knows they will.

Others have made this point, but GOD has told us to love even our own enemies - so why would He command what He Himself doesn't do?

--- it's because we do not Know "whom" the Elect are that we are to love the world, so whomsoever believes in Him will have Eternal life .... only He through His FOREKNOWLEDGE KNOWS who will.

The Sermon on the Mount settles this "Preaching of Hate."

Amen to Paul West, Approved, UntoBabes, Drema, etc..

2011/3/21 14:09

Re:

AbideInHim posted the second message that shows just how BIASED this author was in the OP.

The author of the OP also took a short quote from Spurgeon as he did with Finney and AbideInHim posted this ...

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0458.htm "The Friend of Sinners" - Spurgeon."

Some folks will go out of their way for HATE, won't they?

2011/3/21 14:20
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Here it is in these verses. Yes, by nature we were the children of wrath, but now as Paul Harvey says "Now for the rest of the story." "But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us." When did God love us? When we were righteous or dead in our sins? The scripture plainly says that God loved us when we were dead in our sins. Yes, there is the wrath of God, but praise God there is a but! "but God who is rich in mercy."

If we follow this flawed idea to it's logical conclusion that God hates sinners, then that should be our view also. If God hates sinners, then we should hate sinners, and we should tell them that God hates them.

The good news of the gospel is that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and the Holy Spirit will convict us of our sin, but He will also point us to the love and mercy of Jesus Christ who took our place and bore the wrath of God so that we could be justified.

Mike

2011/3/21 14:47Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

Maybe he loved us while we where sinners because we where already elected to love him?

2011/3/21 15:39Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: God hates the sinners

Did God start to hate Adam and Eve after they sinned? Surely he had to expel them from his presence, lest they eat from the tree of life and live forever in a reprobate state.

He did not say, I hate you from now on, neither did he say, Adam, I still love you.

He provided lamb skins that speak of the righteousness of Christ
and blocked the way to the tree of life.

Gen 3:21 Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

Gen 3: 24So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

There was no way to come back to the tree of life, any way you try, the sword would catch up with you. The word of God would pronounce you guilty.

Then the Lord himself would come and pave the way back to the tree of live. This sword would wound him fatally, but he defeated death.

His love is not to the sinner but in the provision of redemption for the sinner. Love without redemption is not love. His redemption is the greatest single act of love.

2011/3/21 16:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy