SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : ...a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

...a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict...

Dear Fellow Christian,

Salim Banerjee used to be a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict. Now he's trying to get others to follow his example. Read his story.

http://www.gfa.ca/news/articles/once-addict-now-example/

~~~~~~
Small Beginnings by Brother K.P.

http://gospelforasia-books.org/2011/03/14/5-minutes-with-k-p-small-beginnings/
~~~~~~

Contact Information:
Gospel for Asia
245 King St. E.
Stoney Creek, ON L8G 1L9
Phone: 888-WIN-ASIA
Email: [email protected]

This came in my email and wanted to share it with you. God is so awesome.

2011/3/16 15:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: ...a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict...

Sheri,

I cannot pull up this article by Salim Banerjee. Could you post it here on SI?

gininyrose

2011/3/16 18:33Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thanks G.R. I think this will do it. This is the only way I know how to do it. sorry

http://www.gfa.ca/news/articles/once-addict-now-example/

I edited it below since the link was to my email address. Sorry about that. It is a great story.

2011/3/16 21:09Profile

Re:

I've heard my fill of alcoholic and drug addict testimonies, no offense. That theme seems to be all Pacific Garden Mission focuses on too. When will we hear testimonies of CHURCH PEOPLE getting saved? Most people who play church every Sunday are not saved and it would be so nice if Pacific Garden Mission would acknowledge that, instead of pretending that the only lost people are the drunks and addicts. AGAIN, NO OFFENSE. Just been on my mind a while.

2011/3/17 1:13
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

You make a valid point CyAn, When will church people get saved? It requires a great move of the Holy Spirit upon the heart, a pressing that "You are not holy and your righteousness is not good enough" Religion is a deadly game that I am all to familiar with. I hope that my testimony will be one of many people coming out from her, religion. If you never see or are told of your depravity you definitely will have very little use of repentance and redemption. Something else to factor in is the lose of the meaning of so many Christian words like repentance and grace. Many people will acknowledge their depravity in a religious manner say "well no ones perfect" but do they fully realize their heart is a black dark lump of rebellion.

I think that many people feel Christianity is all about rehabilating people rather than save their soul and bring Glory to God. As long as they are productive members of society we really don't care about the other sins. As long as your sin is politically correct then its okay (in the eyes of the world), unfortunately this view though not acknowledged by Christians is what many actually live out.

Oh what Grace the Lord has for us, we are completely dependant and undeserving of Love, We deserve Hell but He shows us mercy. I praise the Lord still for another brother and/or sister in Christ that comes to the Father whether they are coming out of religion or coming out of drugs and alcohol.

2011/3/17 4:19Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I totally understand you points on Church people. Believe me.

But this man is in India with GFA. I post all the prayer requests, I just thought I would post a praise report. And with the threat of great persecutions over there for being a Christian I can assure you all that those who are in Church there are REAL Christians there.

So, lets pray for those here and rejoice for those who do get saved. No offense at all, I do understand completely your heart. Giving God all the Glory!

2011/3/17 10:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy