SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : help

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
That-guy0010

help

Hi, I have recently hit another wall, for the thousandth time and was wondering if I could get some advise from others who might have gone through the same thing. Recently, I have had a few inquires from friends about my religion, and I have even been exposed to new ones. Can anyone give me pasages that I can read to help me.

2011/3/16 12:52Profile

Re: help

Psalm 51?

2011/3/16 12:57
Lasttimes

Often times reading apologetics really helps and is encouraging cause many show the chances of prophecy being fulfilled in the Bible accurately and prove The Word of God as The Only truth so look up some apologetic sites Furthermore study the Word And if someone asks you about your religion, tell them its not a religion, its a personal intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ

2011/3/16 13:22Profile
That-guy0010

Re:

Thank you for both of your help. MAY GOD BLESS YOU BOTH.

2011/3/18 23:07Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Brother I would suggest sharing your testimony with them, help them understand what you believe by your personal experience. I think a common misconception amoung NonChristians is the belief that we are somehow better. We aren't better we just have a justified defense before God through our Faith in Christ Jesus, He is our defense.

I told my wife this today, Christianity and heaven and hell are not dependant on our morality. Meaning I cannot obtain heaven by being a moral person we are ALL hell deserving sinners and no moral deeds can change that. What is the difference from a Christian and a NonChristian? A Christian is dead to self reliance and ambition and Alive in Christ Jesus because of our Faith and the Work of the Cross, NOT because we are moral and such good people BUT because our God is moral and SO GOOD.

Our faith is in Him and His work He has already done and is doing in you and me. We deserve HELL but HE offers Mercy, No other religion does this, all the rest to my knowledge require "inlightenment", moral reformation to get closer to God, Levels of an organization, Nirvana etc. They are all based on works rather than the Work of Christ Jesus.

Why then do we pray, read our bibles, etc? Because we are captivated by the Love of Christ and wish to know it more and be enveloped further and more deeper. We desire to seek His face based on His mercy and out of gratitude we come to Him worshiping and praising willingly because He is the only thing Worth worshiping and praising, Not so we can earn heaven but because we want to. It is the Kindness of God that brings a man to repentance.

Romans 2:4 " 4Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?"

God is so Good! and worthy of Praise, Honor, and Glory forever!

2011/3/19 1:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy