SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 30,000 Bibles being held by Malaysian government

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 30,000 Bibles being held by Malaysian government

The Christian Federation of Malaysia – which comprises the nation’s largest ecumenical, Evangelical, and Roman Catholic Christian bodies – announced Thursday that it is “greatly disillusioned, fed-up and angered by the repeated detention of Bibles written in our national language, Bahasa Malaysia”.

“Since March 2009, all attempts to import the Bible in Bahasa Malaysia ie the Alkitab, whether through Port Klang or the Port of Kuching, have been thwarted,” the umbrella organisation stated, suggesting that the detentions are linked to the widely-publicised 2009 row over the translation of “God” in Bibles and other Christian publications.

In Malaysia, Christian publications were not allowed to use the word “Allah” to refer to God. The government contends the word “Allah” is exclusively for Islam and that the use of “Allah” in Christian publications could confuse Muslims and make Christian ideas more ...

read more: http://bit.ly/e9HCue

2011/3/14 1:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: 30,000 Bibles being held by Malaysian government

Sadly. I do have to agree somewhat with the rational. I am of the mind currently that the word "Allah" should not refer to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who is Elohim, Jehovah, The Lord. It is not true as far as I have heard that Christian believers in Islamic countries use the name Allah for their worship.

2011/3/14 1:58Profile
A-Run

India

Re:

I agree with you Greg.

I personally do not think that its correct to use the name "Allah" for the God of the Bible. Why could not they think of any other name or title?

Truly speaking I was really surprised when I heard of this.

2011/3/14 4:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy