SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Unfortunately MrBillPro - my last post was mainly directed to you.

You're now eating your own words, whether you can see that or not.

Yes, your comments regarding David from the Japan thread on have bothered me. That's what I mean about "let's get real".

If we can talk behind David's back - we should be able to speak plainly to one another here - in truth!

You've set yourself up as quite the judge on the Japan thread, the prophet thread and now this one and then go after Endzone for Just his one mistake of his choice of words for a title.

I don't feel comfortable with your posts and the spirit of them. That's honesty on my part, in regards to how David W. has been presented on these two threads, mainly.

I can't find the verse right now, but when Samuel was recognised as a Prophet to Israel - the Word of The LORD was scarse in those days and somewhere (?) we see that Samuel had something akin to a "school of the prophets" --- Not meaning that anyone could go there to learn to 'be' a prophet, not ordained as one by GOD - but for those who Samuel, through GOD, saw were ordained as true prophets - they could sit under Samuel to perfect their calling. I do believe in that training that GOD will do in all the Ephesians 4 five-fold ministries. Time teaches all of us a great deal - we should expect or hope!

Yes, David wrote his book 38 years ago - and I don't know about you - but I believe most of us who have been saved anywhere near as long - have GROWN quite a bit over that many years. Prayerfully, noticably more each year.

David's never taught False Doctrine and to me - that's keeping the main thing, the main thing and my bottomline of testing a man.

2011/3/13 14:07

Re: Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

Quote:
David Wilkerson has been so wrong on some of his prophecies.

"A Whack Job", eh?

The Urban Dictionary defines this as: A complete loon-ball. A crazy person. Nut-Job.
He's nuts. A complete and total whack job.

That is the actual title to this thread.

David Wilkerson a highly respected man of God who has done more for the Kingdom of God in New York City than probably any man of his generation and he is being lowered to this level, only because a few of his prophecies haven't come to pass.

Did you know the Prophets of the Old Testament had to endure such ridicule too? There was a lot of prophecies that concerned Christ and they had spoken of Him thousands of years before His arrival in Bethlehem. Even Christ and His messengers would be mocked, "Where is the promise of His coming?".

When a man of God receives a message from God, sometimes that message might be far off into the future but he feels the magnitude of that message and within himself he senses that it could be very soon, so they blurt out what they feel as if it was very near. This is what I believe Brother Wilkerson's mistake is. If he didn't attach the nearness of the message or sets dates, he would be all right.

I would be careful in saying anything more against this man. If he is not of God, than so be it. But if he is, the next utterance you speak may not come to pass just to show you that you shouldn't be touching another man's servant.

I recommend that you apologize to everyone on this thread and repent before God for your serious error in attacking a fellow workman by calling him a Whack Job publicly.

2011/3/13 14:13
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD.....Unfortunately MrBillPro - my last post was mainly directed to you. You're now eating your own words, whether you can see that or not. Yes, your comments regarding David from the Japan thread on have bothered me. That's what I mean about "let's get real". If we can talk behind David's back - we should be able to speak plainly to one another here - in truth! You've set yourself up as quite the judge on the Japan thread, the prophet thread and now this one and then go after Endzone for Just his one mistake of his choice of words for a title. I don't feel comfortable with your posts and the spirit of them. That's honesty on my part.

Yes, why don't you tell me how you really feel, glad to know David has such a wonderful following. I am a United States Marine "retired" I have no desire to talk behind anyone's back, I would Love the opportunity to speak in front of him, can you arrange that for me? but the way talking about Judging, you have me beat. I guess you miss the post were I said he was a great man of God.
God Bless.

2011/3/13 14:41Profile

Re:

I hesitate to do this because ANY and I mean ANY fraction of His Body, as in "disputes", drain whatever strength I have because I'm not well at all but I just feel I need to quote MrBillPro again --- from the Japan thread -

quote: "(I take this to mean that since we have the Words of God Himself through His mortal Son, there is simply no need for further prophecy. What has been needed to be taught has been taught by Jesus, the Son of Man as well as the Son of God. There is simply no other need for future prophets.)"

Any disputes with ANYONE truthfully, eats away at my time on earth - but sometimes, somethings, are worth giving your life for and maybe we All are coming to that point in "these days" to see that, in one way or another, we pray.

Edit: your post wasn't there when I hit reply MrBillPro, so to answer your request of how I really feel about your posts --- I already did in my last posts. I've stated my feelings plainly and fully.

Second Edit: You've added more since your initial post MBP.
Yes, I am quite critical of anyone who writes books or leads THOUSANDS in any "ministry" ... I am very serious about what type lifestyles these "leaders" of His people live and what they teach - I fully admit to that.

2011/3/13 14:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD on 2011/3/13 10:42:42 I hesitate to do this because ANY and I mean ANY fraction of His Body, as in "disputes", drain whatever strength I have because I'm not well at all but I just feel I need to quote MrBillPro again --- from the Japan thread - quote:
"(I take this to mean that since we have the Words of God Himself through His mortal Son, there is simply no need for further prophecy. What has been needed to be taught has been taught by Jesus, the Son of Man as well as the Son of God. There is simply no other need for future prophets.)"

And this is just my opinion, and I am sticking to it. And if you opinion differs I will respect it.

2011/3/13 14:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This is also my opinion:
Jesus was not a prophet. That is what Muslim's want us to believe.

God cannot be considered a prophet of Himself, and Jesus was spiritually God. Prophet's convey what God tells them to convey, when Jesus spoke as God, God was conveying to the people directly.

Quote:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on, you know him, and have seen him."
Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, 'Show us the Father?' Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake. Most certainly I tell you, he who believes in me, the works that I do, he will do also; and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to my Father. Whatever you will ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you will ask anything in my name, I will do it.

John 14:5-14

2011/3/13 14:52Profile

Re:

MBP - it just adds light to why you'd have problems with even a True prophet then - if one should come along.

But you are definitely entitled to think that there are no more prophets today --- but one must realize - that that may add to your distain of David's words from the past and may even affect your opinions of his more recent messages.

2011/3/13 14:52
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I just have to go with God on Wilkerson:
Deuteronomy 18:20-22 But any prophet who falsely claims to speak in my name or who speaks in the name of another god must die.“But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord?’ If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.

2011/3/13 14:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

For the record here since some are missing my posts on Wilkerson as a Pastor, he is an awesome man of God, and I am sure when he gets to Heaven, he will justly receive his reward. You will have my full attention when any modern day Prophet can fulfill this scripture below, until then I will go with what God say's.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 But any prophet who falsely claims to speak in my name or who speaks in the name of another god must die.“But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord?’ If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.

2011/3/13 15:04Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

I do also feel, we should be asking ourselves this about our own lives

2011/3/13 15:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy