SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Paul,

You hit the nail right on the head. Praise God that every word that we have spoken that has not been in truth has not been exposed before men. Yet, we are so full of pride that we will judge a whole man's ministry on a few prophecies that did not turn out the way that we thought they should have.

It is shameful to say the least to be critical of a man of God such as David Wilkerson, and disregard all of the fruit that has come forth from his life and ministry.

I need the Lord's mercy, and I praise God that He has not exposed to the world every time I have missed it.

The ones that are quick to point out a man's failures need the Lord's mercy also. We will be judged even as we judge others.

Mike

2011/3/13 10:23Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

AbideinHim....It is shameful to say the least to be critical of a man of God such as David Wilkerson, and disregard all of the fruit that has come forth from his life and ministry.

I will take it even farther here, you could place the words "Any Christian Brother or Sister" were you have David Wilkerson. There are so many Christian Brothers and Sisters out there that have done the same good, if not more than Brother Wilkerson, that just has not received the media attention. We have to be really careful not to boast or put anyone on a pedestal, there are lots of good Shepherd's out there, but Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd and The Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep, he and only he deserves all the Glory, we deserve this much "0".

2011/3/13 11:49Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Dear brother,

God has so lovingly shown me the inner corruption and unmortified pride and carnality that exists within my heart, that I dare not point a finger at anyone else - especially at another man of God who has done more in his lifetime for the Kingdom of Christ than I can ever imagine to do in mine. I need the grace of God each day to keep from falling in the pit. When we lose sight of this inner daily necessity, our eyes drift to other objects. We soon find ourselves latching on to the faults of others, like a man with terminal cancer forgetting his ailment and instead criticising another person for sneezing. How deceived we can become!

If we can learn to not invest our time diagnosing the assumed sicknesses in others, but rather scrutinize the ever-present disease existing within ourselves by the light of the Holy Spirit and in the face of Christ, we will soon see we have enough issues of unmortified falsehood, hypocrisy, phariseeism, self, lust, sloth and pride to last a lifetime to criticise. And the Great Physician will become ever more lovely to behold!

Paul

2011/3/13 11:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
PaulWest If we can learn to not invest our time diagnosing the assumed sicknesses in others, but rather scrutinize the ever-present disease existing within ourselves by the light of the Holy Spirit and in the face of Christ, we will soon see we have enough issues of unmortified falsehood, hypocrisy, phariseeism, self, lust, sloth and pride to last a lifetime to criticise. And the Great Physician will become ever more lovely to behold! Paul

Amen! Brother Paul, spot on! I believe Christ said the same, the wording was just a little different. This will also help us keep, and remain humble. May our Lord's sweet hand square us and hammer us, and strike off all kinds of pride, self-love, world-worship, and infidelity, so that He can make us stones and pillars in His Father's house." ~ Samuel Rutherford (1600-1661)

2011/3/13 12:19Profile

God establishes fruit and judges it. We will know them by it.

I cannot understand someone calling DW the name he was called in the title of this thread. If you have spent anytime at all watching his preaching , right here on SI, and get an idea of his heart for God, and the desire he has for holiness and care for the weak and the body???

Always right? I don't know...but , for example, when his vision came in the early 70s, I think...he prophesied that x-rated movies would be transmitted right into our living rooms. I thought this idea ludicrous; impossible. [These were the days before HBO and SHOWTIME existed; with ultra-high standards in the FCC that prohibited even low cut dresses on TV..]

Needless to say; this impossibility came to pass..in spades.

Hannah house, and his Church's involvement in providing for the widow, and the orphan....and co-workers like Carter Conlin... who warn, protect, while feeding the flock of God..

Not perfect, but a Paul pointed out....we all are in this boat. Most of his prophetic utterances have ministered to me...and he is a valid minister of the gospel that is a good example for thousands of American churches.

I would warn against such a cavalier attitude and casual remarks against such a one...it shows a lack of understanding.

2011/3/13 12:24
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: God establishes fruit and judges it. We will know them by it.

Quote:
Brothertom.....I cannot understand someone calling DW the name he was called in the title of this thread.

I agree Brother Tom, that was really uncalled for, and I sure do not condone it.

2011/3/13 12:34Profile

Re:

To others - Brother Endzone explained himself at the end of page 1 but no one seems to have read it.

He said:

Quote:
And, "whack job" is just something I say for shock effect really. I would never refer to this dear brother and man of God as a "whack job". I guess what I really meant is that I think people need to be held accountable for what they say. One thing the church is bad about is ever holding another brother (or church) accountable because we all have sin in our own lives and all we want to hear is "mercy and grace".

and he posted here -
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37927&forum=34

But since I started this on the Japan Disaster thread by posting just a small excerpt from The Vision - David's been blasted ever since - on -

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37938&forum=48&start=10&19

so now you're going to turn on Endzone for just ONE word in his title?

Let's all get real here. Read your comments on the link above and on page 1 of this thread.

I can feel the 'difference' in Endzone's questions and find no fault in them - but I did feel true distain in the others posts on that Japan thread and this one - and now suddenly a switch seems hypocritical, to go after someone who's title isn't found to use a perfect choice of words, though he admitted that?

Indeed, Indeed - let's get real and stop covering our own words from just a day ago - shall we?

2011/3/13 13:19
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Endzone...I would never refer to this dear brother and man of God as a "whack job".

So did he or didn't he? this is the question, if we write something, and someone reads it, hasn't it been referred to?
I always think that if you write something the right way, the feelings take care of themselves.

2011/3/13 13:30Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

What's really important about the question to this thread is that if he is God will take care of him, but if he is not, he will continue to bring forth very iencourageing sermons and words of promise and health to the lives of God's people, and all others that seek for a word of true life from God

2011/3/13 13:44Profile

Re:

I don't think David claims to be a prophet but rather a watchman.

Another thing to keep in mind God does not reveal all things to His prophets. Take this from Elisha

2Ki 4:27 And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the LORD hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.

Just something to add to the mix.

2011/3/13 13:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy