SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

David wilkerson has been so wrong on some of his prophecies. Yet, I keep reading the first chapter of the book he wrote in 1973 called The Vision. The prophetic words in there read almost like today's headline news. I've had "words" given to me in home groups and they were 100% accurate and very powerful. But with these broad prophecies, you really don't know.

How about reading the prophetic word about world troubles here on this web site that is the first chapter of "The Vision". Scroll down a little bit and read it. Please tell me what you think.

http://iamthewordthecomforter.blogspot.com/2009/04/david-wilkerson-prophecies-from-1973.html

2011/3/12 22:50
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

Quote:
Endzone.....David wilkerson has been so wrong on some of his prophecies.

Well this is what God said in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 But any prophet who falsely claims to speak in my name or who speaks in the name of another god must die.“But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord?’ If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared. To me this says he may still be seen by some as a prophet, but not a prophet from God. does this help?

2011/3/12 22:55Profile

Re:

Time will tell if he's a last days prophet or not but one thing I can testify of - for now - he is definitely not a "whack job" - unlike many of the posters on forums :o)

Hope this helps Brother.

I wouldn't want to be standing before the King of the Universe falsely accusing a man like David - That's For Sure!

He's one of the very very very very few men of GOD that I can feel anywhere near comfortable with. I met him privately back in the 80's and if you want to know a man - meet him face to face and privately. hmm! amen.

2011/3/12 22:59
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD...I wouldn't want to be standing for the King of the Universe falsely accusing a man like David - That's For Sure!

No problem there, we would never be in the predicament, we will only answer for our sins, not Brother Daves.

2011/3/12 23:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I don't think anyone here has intended to speak negative about DW, he is a good man of God and has prove it over the years, but to me personally according to the word of God, he is no Prophet.

2011/3/12 23:03Profile

Re:

Brother Endzone, is the blog you posted your own? ... if you don't mind me asking.

2011/3/12 23:24
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I have read David Wilkerson's pulpit series for many years and He is an awesome man of God and his godly family as well. And now on SI I have had the privilege to actually listen to him. I read many years ago that he does not see himself as a prophet. There are some that say he is and some that say he is not. Personally, I dont care. I know he spends hours with God and he hears from God. He is not perfect but O how it would be if we had more godly men like him. No one who walks with God could ever call him a whack job. That person has not listened to him much to say that.

But they called Jesus all sorts of names as well. I am sure David is used to it.

If you really want to know the answer - ask God to show you, read and listen to what David has to say. Then you will know in your heart the Truth.

2011/3/12 23:49Profile

Re:

No sir, I don't have a blog. And, "whack job" is just something I say for shock effect really. I would never refer to this dear brother and man of God as a "whack job". I guess what I really meant is that I think people need to be held accountable for what they say. One thing the church is bad about is ever holding another brother (or church) accountable because we all have sin in our own lives and all we want to hear is "mercy and grace".

I am especially conflicted about Dave Wilkerson. It's quite possible that "The Vision" was indeed from the Lord and some of his other stuff was not. I just don't know what to think. And I agree with the poster who said he isn't really a prophet. But, that doesn't matter because I know the Lord will reveal things to men who seek Him and spend time in prayer.

I think his son came to our church once in Ft. Worth. He was a real funny guy and a comedian.

2011/3/13 1:29
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Is David Wilkerson a whack job prophet or for real?

I am pretty sure David W. has never claimed or even thought of himself as a prophet. Matter of fact, if you read "The Cross and The Switchblade" you will see that God almost had to "push" him into the public eye. Leading, of course, to the founding of Teen Challenge which has touched , who knows, how many 10's of thousands directly and many more indirectly.

As for The Vision, it may be that all God was giving was a "broad" view, not meant to disclose every minute detail, some things not yet clear or able to be understood.

Ruf

2011/3/13 5:19Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Shouldn't we be asking this question about ourselves rather, with careful inward examining? The truth is, the moment we stop examining ourselves, we begin examining others. David Wilkerson will stand or fall before God, and I believe God is able to keep him from falling.

Have there not been times in all our walks we wish would have never happened? Things we have spoken of during our sermons, or words we have written, or actions we have done, or thoughts which have gone through our heads? Most of these unchristian moments for us, however, are done in secret. There are some things Dave has written I'm sure he wishes he could go back and edit. Such is the problem with writing critical, hard-hitting books: it feels right at the time of publication, but we are all still growing in grace and in the knowledge of God. Time goes on and we grow, but the book freezes you in that maturity level. There are things I said 10 years ago in ministry, for example, which I wouldn't say today, and I am glad they weren't recorded! I am more mature now and much less eager to "prophesy" every and any old thing that enters my heart or mind.

It does not mean a Christian is necessarily false if he/she prophesies a hurricane, for example, on Jan. 3 2009 and that hurricane never arrives: it could simply mean the person lacks the maturity to know his or her proper calling in God. The old saying applies well here in such cases: zeal without wisdom. It is, however, important to realize that God does not reject the Christian wholescale in such cases, and we should not either. The Lord is able to bring a rod of embarassment and shame upon their back without our help. We should instead turn our critical eyes meekly and inwardly upon ourselves and look upon Christ, less we too shame ourseves in some area, knowing how carnally flawed we all are without His grace - failed prophesy or not. Always remember: at any moment God can deservedly expose you in some area of your life only you and Him know about. It is only by His great mercy that He doesn't. Go and do likewise and avoid writing disparaging threads like this on another minister and servant of God, for by the same measure you mete out, such will be returned unto you.

2011/3/13 8:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy