SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : prophets and seeing into the future

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

prophets and seeing into the future

I agree totally with the commentary taking place in some of the current posts. Namely, that I personally don't know of any TRUE new testament prophets in the world. Oh many claim to be (quote) Gods prophet. However, just to raise one point of conjecture about the office ...God set the prophets into that office himself and directly appointed them into that position i.e jeremiah! He then equipped his prophets and put his spirit upon them. Contrastingly the FALSE prophets had another spirit upon them and prophesied in Baal. The mark of a TRUE prophet is his bang on target accuracy and holiness of life, amongst other things of course. That said: does anyone know or believe they know of a TRUE prophet?? I'd be interested to know. Furthermore if a man or woman for that matter arrives on the scene making dire predictions about upcoming world events...but that word fails to come to pass! Why believe the word of that prophet? Why follow or go after him? Yet people do. The office of the prophet has a certain awe attached to it. And people tend to follow personalities is another reason.

2011/3/12 19:39Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re: prophets and seeing into the future

It should be noted that I refer to the latest earthquake posts getting the attention.

2011/3/12 19:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Interesting topic for discussion...

I believe that just before Christ died, he said, "It is finished"... At that moment there was an earthquake, total darkness in the middle of the day, and the 75 ft tall curtain separating God's place from the public place in the temple was torn from the top to the bottom (miracle IMO that all this happened at a specific moment).

This was God's way of saying the barrier between mankind having open fellowship with God was now open again, as what Christ did on the cross resolved an issue.

So how do we relate this to prophesy: All one needs is to honestly seek an open and real relationship with God... and God will lead the one to understand all they need to... To rest in living by faith (as St Paul suggested repeatedly in his writings in the New Testament), is where the peace and joy of the Christian life comes from.

Do I need to worry about the end times? Well IMO no... I believe the same God that created the heavens and the earth, that did the flood thing and the Noah thing, that parted the Red Sea, who crashed the walls of Jericho, that strengthened David to kill a lion and a bear with his hands... as well as Goliath, who grew flesh on dry bones, and who raised Christ from the dead... Has the ability to take care of His kids... and ALL of us Christians are His kids. To me, it is simply a promise God WILL keep... and I will bet my life on it.

Does this help?
Mr. Bill

2011/3/12 20:45Profile
Jeremy221

Hi sonofthunder,

I have had similar questions and some insight to how the works and leads today seems to be somewhere between the OT prophet and a more general leading of the Holy Spirit. Because the Lord never changes, I believe there are still true prophets whose word is always true because they only speak the Word of the Lord, however, there is the very real connection to the leading of the Holy Spirit for all believers. If you haven't read it already, I would suggest you read the testimony of "A Call to the Churches of America" by Sorokovsky. I have been rereading it this evening to see what the Lord will show me and direct me into.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37423&forum=34&5

2011/3/12 21:29Profile
sonofthunder

The bible doesn't want the child of God to be worried or panicked about things coming on the earth. No argument from me. However, the bible exhorts all believers to be sober...alert...vigilant...watchful. And to take heed no man decieve them. Taking care that no man decieve you. Seems to Indicate the responsibity falls on the individual. But some say god loves me and will shield me from deception. It appears though we can take nothing for granted because of grace or his love for us. If we rest on our laurels complacency can and does set in. The passage I know my thoughts concerning you...thoughts of peace!is a passage many christians appeal to that nothing can touch them. Word of faith doctrine promotes the super christian...who is untouchable. Someone forgot to tell job that though. No rather the bible teaches personal responsibity and accountability. Personally I'm not scared by calamity and disaster. But I take nothing for granted either. Therefore let us not sleep as do others. But watch and pray...lest we become the prey to the adversary. Being too dismissive of these huge calamities is not the answer either.

2011/3/12 21:41Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. (While this does not deny that there may be real prophets, it does warn against false ones. As would be traditional with the writing style of the time of New Testament writings, what is omitted can often times be taken as something that does not exist. Since there is an ommision that there are to be any real prophets, we may be able to assume from this passage that only false prophets have gone out into the world.)

2011/3/12 21:46Profile
sonofthunder

Re:

Don't misunderstand I believe, accept, and embrace the concept of n.t prophets wholeheartedly! Finding them valid and legitimate ones is the issue. Not saying they couldn't or can't exist in a new testament culture though. I tend to err on the side of caution.

2011/3/12 21:49Profile
sonofthunder

Re:

At this point in time was just asking the sincere question...very honest and sincere question, and its been put to me many times also. Does anyone know of someone who fully foots the Office of TRUE prophet??

2011/3/12 21:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

There is something within man that longs to know what the future holds, hoping that somehow one can prepare for it to protect oneself from harm.

The reality is that if it is essential for our well-being to have this info, God will provide the individual with it. Otherwise, we do well to stay close to the LORD and trust him for the future.

Seems to me that the natural disasters we see happening has far less spiritual ramifications then the the lukewarmness one sees all around us. This will literally kill a person spiritually. The world is so arrogant in its pursuit of sin that it does wear a body down. This is what we should be concerned about...

2011/3/12 22:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
by sonofthunder on 2011/3/12 18:41:46

The bible doesn't want the child of God to be worried or panicked about things coming on the earth. No argument from me. However, the bible exhorts all believers to be sober...alert...vigilant...watchful. And to take heed no man decieve them. Taking care that no man decieve you. Seems to Indicate the responsibity falls on the individual. But some say god loves me and will shield me from deception. It appears though we can take nothing for granted because of grace or his love for us. If we rest on our laurels complacency can and does set in. The passage I know my thoughts concerning you...thoughts of peace!is a passage many christians appeal to that nothing can touch them. Word of faith doctrine promotes the super christian...who is untouchable. Someone forgot to tell job that though. No rather the bible teaches personal responsibity and accountability. Personally I'm not scared by calamity and disaster. But I take nothing for granted either. Therefore let us not sleep as do others. But watch and pray...lest we become the prey to the adversary. Being too dismissive of these huge calamities is not the answer either.

This is good.

2011/3/12 23:29

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy