SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dead Churches and Atheist Funerals

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Dead Churches and Atheist Funerals

Death comes to us all whether through earthquakes or tsunamis to loved ones it is a fact of life, we are born to die
I think it is a favorite quote

Matthew 8:22 KJV
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

It is amazing to think that may People have entered Hell through natural disasters and other things but many people enter death simply through natural processes.

It is amazing how many people lie at Funerals of Atheists or others saying that the person that just died is resting in peace when he clearly he was a heathen or hated god or even was a scoundrel

It seem that among Christians exemptions are given to family, celebrities when it comes to going to hell!

The reason that I am paralleling this to death is that most churches would not say we are dead or the holy spirit has departed from this church nor at most funerals would you get the average person saying this person is going to hell!

Luke 18:13 KJV
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying , God be merciful to me a sinner.

Even personally in my life the more I get closer to God the more I realize the more of a sinner I realize that I am and how not in my own strength but the grace of God can I even know the Lord

It is amazing how we continue on our life with nothing affecting us, we do not even know we are moving in a dead religion it is by the small steps that we are deceived. Something small does not affect us or we care less about say simple things. I have noticed that in my own life.
These small steps end us up millions of miles away from hearing gods voice or we do not have the passion for the gospel or for prayer!

Revelation 2:5 KJV
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen , and repent , and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent

It is the same with churches when have you ever heard a church say we are dead and we need the lords help or the holy spirit is not in this church or we have grieved the holy spirit or our church has been deceived by so and so heresy so lets repent from this now

From visiting so called dead churches every church will lead some sort of orthodoxy and go through the motions sing the songs , talk about some crisis or so in the country, maybe even give a fairly good exegesis of the scriptures but the word of God is not alive or dead orthodoxy on the other end praise and worship music in abundance with no power of the word of god, mere mens words and emotional roller coaster sermons, fleshly highs whilst the congregation lives demonic lives.

I was thinking about puritan sermons on how people got convicted of sin in church, I have read a book which is called redeem the time which explores the aspects of sin in every aspect of our lives, how it affects our mind, will, emotions, country, churches.
There are stories of people getting convicted of moving the weighing scales during there business or many other things!

Like the funeral that I visited do we look at these disasters and not be called to prayer as most of the atheist will simply pass by another moment and call it Mother Nature when a natural disaster hits and not realize god is doing this to turn people to him!

History details kings who have realized that a natural disaster hit and had a day of prayer and fasting!

We tend to whitewash our lives and other lives and history with the paint of sin! When reading the plaques of people that were deceased not one of them said this was a wicked man.

We pass through the funeral of the Atheist not noticing with the beautiful music and odes to there life and accomplishments when there is no hope for the future just dead in the ground to be eaten by rotting worms and another soul that passes into the eternal torment of hell without food or water for eternity!

Are not our churches the same the facade of great speech or oratory without the time spent with god before hand! Mindlessly going from one song to another song, carrying out the motions from day to day! Yet it is dead. Lifeless as a dead dog!

I cannot encroach on everyone's lives including my life, I have to say like
Isaiah 6:5 KJV
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone ; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

I cannot look at the deadness in others and not realize that it is abundantly growing like wildfire in my heart. To me I think the reader namely me is probably criminal in this case of deadness! I am guilty as charged!

2011/3/12 15:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy