SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The shaking.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The shaking.

6 “For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth,

.....the sea and dry land;

7 and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts....Haggai 2

It's difficult to see such events as the Japanese earthquake/Tsunami as a means of establishing God's glory....but it is.

When events like these happen, there is a feeling of such utter helplessness that people open themselves up to their inward desire to Believe.

..18 major Earthquakes and tsunamis since 2001, including this one...the 5th most powerful of modern history.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Recent-major-quakes-tsunamis-around-the-world/articleshow/5075661.cms

"I will shake the nations...."...always a wake up call. In 1906 San Francisco was devastated from a quake around the 8 level....and many were saved, when evangelists and Christian workers arrived...[ "Another Wave of Revival.."..[FRANK BARTLEMAN..]

Hope gospel workers GO, and pray for salvation in Japan...a very hardened secular society. Jesus is Lord over Japan. They have been shaken.

2011/3/11 12:03
noone

United States

Re: The shaking.

This passage has been on my heart, as well as the ones in Haggai.

Hebrews 12:25-29 (The Message)

25-27So don't turn a deaf ear to these gracious words. If those who ignored earthly warnings didn't get away with it, what will happen to us if we turn our backs on heavenly warnings? His voice that time shook the earth to its foundations; this time—he's told us this quite plainly—he'll also rock the heavens: "One last shaking, from top to bottom, stem to stern." The phrase "one last shaking" means a thorough housecleaning, getting rid of all the historical and religious junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered.

28-29Do you see what we've got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. He's actively cleaning house, torching all that needs to burn, and he won't quit until it's all cleansed. God himself is Fire!

2011/3/14 11:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy