SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Here is a useful site for viewing recent earthquakes worldwide:

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

2011/3/11 14:10Profile

Re: fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Jesus-is-GOD noted

Quote:
bbc twitter - 1836: "The power of the earthquake off north-east Japan shifted the earth's axis by nearly 10in (25cm), Earth-issues.com reports, citing the National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology. The phenomenon is not unusual for a major quake."

I wonder if this is measured at one of the poles? If so, it must represent a tiny fraction of one degree.

'AT THE POLES

One degree of latitude = 111.69 km or 69.40 mi
One minute of latitude = 1.86 km or 1.16 mi
One second of latitude = 31.03 m or 101.79 ft

Copyright Richard L. Hutchison, Denver, Co'

zodiacal.com/tools/lat_table.php

2011/3/11 14:56

Re:

It may have been the 5th largest in the world but according to the media it was THEE greatest earthquake to ever hit JAPAN. The greatest earthquake that ever hit the world, at least according to CNN, was the 9.5 one that hit Chile in 1960.

2011/3/11 15:20
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Im not saying sea quakes have never existed before! Just to clarify the previous point. However that raises an interesting discussion - how much documentation or evidence exists in relation to sea quakes and tsunamis caused by them. We have history books to support most happenings including the biggest flood of all time genesis six! Jesus said that Great earthquakes in divers places would characterize and precede his coming! Expect therefore seismic activity to increase as the coming of the lord draws nigh and as a sign of the end of the age...

2011/3/11 16:59Profile

Re:

Just getting back on again and checked a site that I found to be more exhaustive than the other one I used to look at from the US.

Poor Japan - they've been hit so many times, I haven't counted them yet.

http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/index.php

Well, you know me and my haarp theory. I'll have to go check what the others who share that ct with me have found.
Either way, these poor human beings that He died for.
Praying hard here too.

2011/3/11 18:30
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Everything that can be shaken, will be shaken. It is with the eyes of faith that we look at this sad event in light of faith and eternity. For your consideration, I gave a sermon on this topic, but it was in light of the economic downturn of the last few years. Still, very relevant to what you see going on today:

http://www.iamadisciple.com/sermons/Everything%20That%20Can%20Be%20Shaken.mp3

2011/3/11 18:57Profile

Re:

Chapter 2 Drastic Weather Change and Earthquakes ( The Vision by David Wilkerson, quotes from pages 32 & 33 - Tweleth edition, 1977)

Earthquakes coming to United States

"The United States is going to experience in the not-too-distant future the most tragic earthquakes in its history. One day soon this nation will be reeling under the impact of the biggest news story of modern times. It will be coverage of the biggest most disastrous earthquake in history.

It will cause widespread panic and fear, Without a doubt, it will become one of the most completely reported earthquake ever. Television networks will suspend all programming and carry all day coverage.

ANOTHER EARTHQUAKE, POSSIBLY IN JAPAN, MAY PRECEDE THE ONE THAT I SEE COMING HERE. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind about this forthcoming massive earthquake in our continent.

I am not at all convinced that this earthquake will take place in California. In fact, I believe it is going to take place where it is least expected. This terrible earthquake may happen in an area that not known as an earthquake belt. It will be so high on the Richter scale that it will trigger two other major earthquakes.
News about government scandals, news about war and even economic problems will be completely overshadowed by earthquakes.
The earth is actually going to shake, and there will be numerous other earthquakes in various places throughout the world."

End quote. Emphasis mine.

I can't see youtube's with my server - but I found this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbpGCrc1zg

David Wilkerson's prophesy, delivered himself.

2011/3/11 19:26
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

I have never experienced an earthquake and do not aspire to, either. But I have been told by those that have that it leaves one feeling so helpless. Now, I wonder, what spiritual impact will this event have on the Japanese people?

2011/3/11 20:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

It's a sad day for Japan, and many web sites already have some prophets rearing their heads,business as usual for some, but we must all be real careful not to let this discourage us, God is still in control.

"When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him." (Deuteronomy 18:20-22)

I am sure there are some modern day prophets, I have never met one, I do know that every prophesy we will ever need to know, is already mentioned in God's word, read it! it's 100% correct.

2011/3/11 21:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am sure there are some modern day prophets, I have never met one, I do know that every prophesy we will ever need to know, is already mentioned in God's word, read it! it's 100% correct.

Get David Wilkerson's book the Vision, it speaks of these days, and they were given in 1973. Then you will have met a modern day prophet.

2011/3/11 21:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy