SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Japan is reeling today and many countries on high tsunami alert! The quake peaked on the rictor scale of 8.9 now that is huge! Buildings shook and waves rose to 7 Metres high. The death toll is expected to be high. 1000 plus is the estimated prediction! Other countries on high tsunami alert advised by authorities to evacuate to higher ground. Hawaii is on very High alert regarding potential tsunami...more to come no doubt brethren. Stay tuned.

2011/3/11 3:54Profile

Re: fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Some areas could expect a 10 meter Tsunami.....Over 30 feet possible. Hawaii is in the path...and very flat and low to the ocean.....

Wow....and the thing about Earthquakes....is that only God can allow them, or stop them from happening.

2011/3/11 4:16
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Mmm...interesting reply! Yes the latest reports indicate 10 metre Waves. Indeed Prophecy watch is alive and well and ongoing in the world. Several years ago I was inspired of the lord to write an article entitled "the beginning of sorrows" and in spite of criticism I stood my ground. Furthermore prophecy watch is something that serves to confirm the prophesies of Christ. Indeed the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy! Watching footage on our screens or reading newspapers ...or listening to our wireless radios as these major events unfold only confirms what the bible and Jesus already spoke some 2000 years ago. Indeed bible prophesy is history in advance. The scenes unfolding in Japan are scenes of devastation and catastrophe. This is one to watch and follow. Breaking news keeps coming to hand by the minute...as we speak. The quake was allegedly 24 Metres deep - below the surface of the ground.

2011/3/11 5:29Profile

There was an 6.6 earthquake off Papua New Guinea on 9th March (Wednesday), which has not been much reported, possibly due to little damage? and because it didn't cause a tsunami.

When one thinks of the shipping which will be lost, and low islands overflowed as this tsunami crosses the Pacific, it gives new meaning to 'the sea gave up the dead which were in it'.

2011/3/11 6:36
sonofthunder

Re:

Not to mention the prophet Jesus' words "the sea and the waves roaring" underground sea quakes are a new phenomena of the day! And so are inland tsunamis which are the direct result of rapidly rising sea waters and floods. Having said that: the end is not by an by - yet.

2011/3/11 7:35Profile

Re:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Look at #1359 also.

2011/3/11 9:14
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

JiG, I went to that website and it's terrible (not the website). I saw this a little bit ago:

1443: Back to Japan now: The official Kyodo news agency is reporting that about 88,000 people are missing.

God have mercy.

2011/3/11 10:09Profile

Re:

I with you Sis. I had to post and run to go run errons with Dad but no matter what or where we went, I couldn't help but carry this same heaviness inside over this tragedy and pray as you've said - for mercy for these poor people. Amen, GOD have mercy.

2011/3/11 13:24

sonofthunder

Quote:
underground sea quakes are a new phenomena of the day!

I think not. There is much historical evidence they have been happening for centuries. I read a feature a while ago, in New Scientist. I think it's more that we can communicate, and our generation is becoming aware.

2011/3/11 13:53

Re:

Here we go again, Off Axis - as those tons of articles we talked about, was it about two weeks ago?, of events that cause the earth's axis to tilt a bit ...
bbc twitter - 1836: "The power of the earthquake off north-east Japan shifted the earth's axis by nearly 10in (25cm), Earth-issues.com reports, citing the National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology. The phenomenon is not unusual for a major quake."

We have another rare event coming up on March 19th called a Super Moon. When the moon's closest to the earth, etc. with talk of waves and such - but we'll see - we've had those before without a whole lot happening.

2011/3/11 14:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy