SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Concerning the Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
ServantToGod

Concerning the Sabbath

Grace and Peace be with you.
I just want to mention that going to church on the sabbath is biblical. Just because you don't does not mean you're going to go to hell or lose your salvation.

Yes, Jesus the son of God did go to church on the sabbath. There are 4 ways to tell which day the sabbath is. It's on Saturday. It is not the Jewish Sabbath as some call it. As Genesis 2:2-3 says the Seventh-Day which is the Sabbath. Way before any Jew was born. Read Exodus 20. Keep the Sabbath day holy. Most of everyone keeps 9 of the Ten Commandments. However, why have so many people forgotten keeping the sabbath. It is the only one where he says remember it. That is Satan's goal is to attack God's law which defines God's character and love.

If you read James 4:17, you will see that if you know to do good than keep it. You know the verse where God says to whom much is given much is expected or required. If God tells you about the Sabbath. Then you have been given privileged information. Please don't take my word for it, read God's word. Also read Isaiah 66:24. All of God's creation will come before him to worship on the Sabbath. Now isn't that something. If you don't do it now, you will one day.

May the God and the Holy Spirit of Communion be with you that love the LORD Jesus Christ. Amen

2011/3/10 20:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Concerning the Sabbath

I love observing the LORD's day, which is the first day of the week - this is in commemoration of his resurrection. The disciples also observed this day.

Blessings!

2011/3/10 21:47Profile
mguldner

Kansas

"It is the only one where he says remember it"

Numbers 15:40 "Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God"

The Sabbath wasn't the only law God told the Israelites to remember. There are a plethera of Sabbath Day threads that turned into an ugly debate over who was right.

Looking at the New Testament Church the common believer at the start was Jewish, they still being under the law and not fully understanding Grace wished to Celebrate and remember the Sabbath AND the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection SO they established both days to be recognized. The Saturday was the Sabbath (Jewish Law and Tradition) and the Lord's Day was set up by the Apostles to gather together to remember the Lord Jesus Christ (however they did this Everyday just not in a larger gathering of people). In fact when the Gentiles began to grow in number the day they remembered the Lord wasn't even an issue that was discussed at the Councel in Acts 15.

We are under Grace and are Free to recognize and rest in remembrance of the Lord any day we are lead to. IN reality we should honor everyday at the Lord's Day since everyday is His. Christ Jesus is our Sabbath Rest and is where we find the true Sabbath.

2011/3/11 2:56Profile
PassinThru

Re:

Interesting that God established the Sabbath as a day of Rest, not worship, He said REST.

Christianity has made it a day of Worship (not Rest) (i.e. attend church services).

2011/3/20 14:40Profile
learjet

Quote:
I just want to mention that going to church on the sabbath is biblical. Just because you don't does not mean you're going to go to hell or lose your salvation. Yes, Jesus the son of God did go to church on the sabbath

I'm wondering what your motive is here? Are you here to have an honest dialog or are you here to promote 7th Day Adventist doctrine?

Jesus is the sabbath, He fulfilled the law, and we are set free from making sacrifices, paying tithes and keeping special days (or any other work of the law) because of His finished work on the cross. We are no longer bound by the law but instead called to something better, to live by the Spirit.

We are 'required' to enter into His rest, isn't that awesome?

Peace to you!

In Christ,
Earl J

2011/3/20 15:19Profile
Elowel

Re:

"Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ." - Colossians 2:16-17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZisDi0S3Kes

2011/3/20 15:35Profile
Pandora-B

Is.58;14 (The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible)

God told Israel, The House 0f Jacob.
If they didn't trample The Sabbath?

"The Lord Will Feed You With
The Heritage 0f Your Ancestor Jacob..."

- Jacob is not
the ancestor nor father of Gentiles.

2011/3/20 16:06Profile
bigwillie

RGV south TEX

Re: the sabbath

The holy ghost gives testimonie of.JESUS CHRIS...CHRIST gives testimonie of who???? The father.....the father does NOT CHANGE!!!..yes let's congregate 7 days a week if we wish...BUT. our favether in heaven has commanded us the sabbath!!!! Out of obedience...christ likeness.I've stated going to a sabbath keeping congregation....ex adventist...doing not just hearing....not what we say or think??..see jn6c63..inder grace not under law....very.very. grously misunderstood!!! Look up the word testimonie...I sincerly belive. Rome is in the once protestant church....a simple prayer of repentance. Is only only the start of radical repentance...iniquity is simply lawlessness....remember we/I am a dumb sheep passing by...his plans for me are only for my good....oh ..one more thing isaia 65.66. Clearyly speak of those who eat pork..like I use to..we have choices to make just like grand dad ADAM...he loves us so much he died ..so we would simple obey his testimonie. Think about it

2011/3/20 16:51Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

Amen Earl!! If in any way we want to return to the law we get ourselves in a big mess, just ask a foolish Galatian.

2011/3/20 22:33Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Someone was trying to convince me that it was wrong to keep the Sabbath and told me to read Galatians. I read it three times, along with 1 John, and come away convinced more than ever that the LORD would have me to keep the Sabbath. I wonder how many people actually ask the LORD - since He is LORD of the Sabbath - what He would have them to do?

2011/3/20 23:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy