SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "Sipping Saints" by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The "only" absolute, true, infallible, all knowing, Shepherd I know is Jesus Christ, he is my Shepherd, that has brought "billions" out of addiction and bondage for over 2000 yrs. There is not even one person on earth that could even come close to compare, I don't care what they have done or who they are, the almighty, is the king of kings and lord of lords and he and he only alone deserves all the Glory, we deserve "NOTHING". Let Jesus Christ be your Shepherd,you can never go wrong. I am sorry, but I get a little upset when someone boasts about any Pastor, Isaiah 64:6 But we are "all" as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

2011/3/10 19:19Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

A dear brother from our church said once that one of the reasons he doesn't drink is that he doesn't want to invest a penny into the alcohol industry by buying a bottle of whatever it could be.He said-alcohol did so much damage to God's creation and i don't want to promote it further buying alcohol for the money that God gave me.Just another thought on this subject.
Non-drinking brother from a Russian background,in Christ,Yuri.

2011/3/10 19:24Profile
mama27

Re:

No one is exalting any man - not David Wilkerson, Keith Daniel, or anyone else. You are absolutely right in what you say about Jesus Christ. But Jesus Christ still chooses to work thru human beings today. And as His followers, we are responsible for our personal testimony.

2011/3/10 19:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
mama27 No one is exalting any man - not David Wilkerson, Keith Daniel, or anyone else. You are absolutely right in what you say about Jesus Christ. But Jesus Christ still chooses to work thru human beings today. And as His followers, we are responsible for our personal testimony.

mama great post! but I did read were someone here was kinda/sorta exalting David Wilkerson. Their statement 'should" have read like this "Jesus Christ through David Wilkerson" have brought people out of bondage of drugs and alcohol, remember our words are very important and we need to be very careful, to "GOD" and "GOD" alone goes the Glory. I know it's hard for some of us to remember this, but "WE" deserve nothing. I say this to myself many times a day, just so I remember who does deserve it all.

2011/3/10 19:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
MrBillPro wrote:

"Sipping Saints" by David Wilkerson. I think just the title of this thread could possibly cause some confusion. I personally would like to see some Pastors work on cleaning up their own backyards, then maybe they would not be having to have sermons on "Sipping Saints" after all if the sheep are failing, is it the sheep's fault or the Shepherd's or both? If it's the Pastors fault, maybe they should be ministering on "Slipping Pastors".

I know there are still some good and sincere Pastors out there, well maybe the good ones need to have more Pastors Conferences and start holding some of these pastors accountable. We must start at the top with our leaders, to fix the issues the Church is having.

Also -
"Our words are very important and we need to remember this"

Brother, when you remember this - then realize why I defended this Pastor by reading this quote from you.

You lay the blame on the shepherds and then say we don't need them in your next reply.

I agree that we can make it on our own - but when you think to touch one that has been used "by GOD and GOD alone" - then you have to expect that someone here may come to that man's defense - even if they don't follow the man - his reputation alone stands on it's own.

Your contradictions from post to post can really confuse me.

Let's not complicate this topic any further.

I really appreciated Yuri's post, as well as other's.

2011/3/10 19:48
mama27

Re:

Well if I was one of them, please forgive me. I know that I did say that Keith Daniel was one of the godliest men I have ever met. And I have heard him preach in person probably half a dozen times, plus have conversation with him, plus watch him do Q & A sessions with young people. In my humble opinion, what qualifies a man as godly is probably foremost (among many things) his humility and acknowledgement that he is NOTHING without Christ. He has also said that he went many years before God could use him until as he said, "God knew that I would not touch the glory." I do not have personal knowledge of David Wilkerson other than what I have read of him and sermons I have heard over the decades. But I believe there is much testimony to the countless souls that he, being used of God, helped set free of addictions. It is because of his decades of experience, much more than you and I have, that I think qualifies him to speak to the Church on the subject. You are right - we must carefully weigh our words.

2011/3/10 19:52Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I am sorry if I caused any confusion here, my posting is done on this thread. My message was, to God and God alone goes the Glory, "we" no matter who we are deserve nothing, we are all equal in God's eyes, he can't love us any more or any less. You know the really sad thing is, this is what the world is coming to, but it's according to the Word of God.
God Bless
To God Goes The Glory!
Mr. Bill

2011/3/10 20:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy