SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Witnessing in Bars

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Amen! Brother can I get another Amen?

Yes. :-) Amen.

2011/3/9 11:40Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Walk in the Spirit..and bear fruit.

Quote:

How about next door...to you who desire the bars? or the local hospital...where many desire prayer, having lost their health, and maybe facing death?

I'm specifically wishing to target those in my age group: the 20-30 somethings. That's simply where most folks my age go to hang out after work and on the weekends. If they were all playing chess somewhere, I would probably go there too.

2011/3/9 11:42Profile
mama27

Re:

Quote:
It's human nature. :-)

Probably so.....Would that you could find the 20 and 30-somethings playing chess :) Just be EVER SO CAREFUL to be in the Spirit....the enemy will do ANYTHING to thwart your good intentions.....

2011/3/9 11:50Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I've played in a number of chess tournaments and clubs over the years. There is a rather vibrant one that meets Monday nights at about 7 pm. But unfortunately, I work then and cannot go.

2011/3/9 11:55Profile

The World is the field.

"I'm specifically wishing to target those in my age group: the 20-30 somethings. That's simply where most folks my age go to hang out after work and on the weekends." Kjimmy

I have never had that mentality....but a "who-so-ever will come, let him come" thinking.

Children, to the elderly are my target...and who-ever the Lord would set in my path.

I think that this is where Jesus walked...from "suffer the children" to, "the highways and the hedges"; any living soul that is living, and wants to live, and not die.

I've prayed with 8 year old saints, and soon to be 80 year old saints that believed.[and baptized..]..here and abroad.

Can we do anything less? I would just say; how many on fire disciples, that are now serving the Lord...have you led to the Lord in bars?

37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.

38 THE FIELD IS THE WORLD...., and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom.

The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil.

The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.....Matt: 13.

I see the entire world as the field...not a geographical location.

PS:] I wish I could walk in these declarations....and in reality I only do in spurts...now and then. One day I hope to be a flame unto Him, where I am more consistent; as Paul was.

In the mean time, I have my moments I guess....but in the long run...I think I fail Him more than honor Him.

2011/3/9 12:41
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: The World is the field.

Quote:

I have never had that mentality....but a "who-so-ever will come, let him come" thinking.

Generally speaking, I am a whosoever sorta guy. But being 28 years old, I cannot help but look around at the lack of 20-30 year olds in the church today and feel very grieved for my generation. I want to very much reach them with the gospel... and not simply so I can have more "playmates" at church. But because I think it is a sad state of affairs that so many young men and women be almost entirely absent from the church.

It's been this way as long as I've been a Christian, and even though I go to a very healthy church that is also very large (with over 3,000 people), we would be lucky if we had 100-200 folks in my demographic. And when they do exist, they are usually married and with a kid on hip.

2011/3/9 12:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Jimmy, ever considered reaching out to International students on a local college campus? We know of a couple fellows who are very active in this kind of ministry and they are successful. Still, you must go where the LORD would have you go...having said this, I would be cautious about going to bars. A weak brother or sister may see you go in and take offense - thinking you are going in to party...

My thoughts...

2011/3/10 22:01Profile
dohzman

Re: Witnessing in Bars

I haven't read any of the other posts, sorry. But here's something you need to consider when doing street evangelism, bars included. Jesus went where he was invited. In the years of street ministry there were times when a bar owner invited us in for an open discussion with his patrons, we saw that as a special move of God and nothing more, we didn't make it a habit of going into bars as a habit.Consider it this way, what if a weaker brother or sister saw you entering on a regular basis?Might not their consciences be effected negatively by your actions?How ever if in the Lords timing you are invited, than what follows will bear the fruit of God's wisdom.

2011/3/10 23:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy