SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a purpose?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
A-beliver

a purpose?

when do you truly find out that you have a purpose, and when does go let you know what it is.

2011/3/7 12:48Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: a purpose?

In my own life I have found that there has been so much emphasis on our earthly purpose, that we often miss our heavenly purpose here on earth. If that makes sense. It's obvious what He would have us to do because it's written in His Word over and over.

For instance, love the brethren.
If you're married love your spouse.
Teach your children.
Learn to walk in His likeness. Doing the things He would do. Bless and curse not.

I just listened to a video clip just recently by Jon Macarthur, that I found to be helpful as well.
He talks about delighting yourself in the Lord and doing whatever you want! :) It's on youtube.

It's so simple we almost miss it because we are so smart!

Take care in Jesus Name
Michelle

2011/3/7 12:58Profile
mitchell1260

Here are a few scriptures that will help.
1 Tim. 2:3-4
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour ;
4 Who will have all men to be saved,and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Psalm 119:105
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,and a light unto my path.

Also keep in mind your purpose will come in God's time.
You can be serving a purpose right now and not know it.

2011/3/7 13:11Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Also keep in mind your purpose will come in God's time. You can be serving a purpose right now and not know it.

Amen Mitchell.

I was going to add also, A-believer, that I am not saying you don't have a purpose, but our purpose often starts in the "little."

Using the word little in quotation here because, in reality are these things little? To obey Scripture in every day life is no little thing. To depend upon His grace and mercy in time of need, to wait upon Him, to look for Him in the hidden things...These are no little things.

Luk 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

Mat 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Mat 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

2011/3/7 13:14Profile

Re:

I just got blown away by mama's post on the prayer thread and wanted to tell her how it hit me.

Here's her post -

Quote:

I agree with what the others have said. I also want to share that the longer you are a believer and the more you come to know and love the Lord with your whole being, your entire life will just become a prayer....most every thought you have will be a communing with God. I am not sure quite how to put it, but it becomes as natural as breathing. That isn't to say that we don't need specific and longer times in the prayer closet - we do. But as long as we keep our sins confessed, and make sure that we are right with other people, the flow between us and God is continual. We are truly praying without ceasing. I hope I am making sense. The longer you walk with Jesus, you will see what I mean.

I went out of the room to pray and felt "'This' is the "Love of GOD."" that I read in her post. Then I went to e-sword and typed into the Search, the 'phrase' in the KJV "the Love of GOD" and it came up with 12 verses.

YES, to Love The LORD your GOD with ALL of your heart, mind, soul and strength and to Love others as yourself.
Jesus rebuked the pharisees for not having this Love that He had commanded of them in Deut and Lev.

His Love drives one. Not to impress - not to make friends - not to get all to agree with you - nothing of self at all - but when it's His Love, it will drive you to only desire to do 'whatever' and not just 'one' purpose, but to become an All Purpose vessel, for whatever He leads one to, at any given second.

The burden for the lost is the heart of GOD.
The burden for His Body is the heart of GOD.
The burden for His Glory is the driving force.
The tears we cry in prayer become increasingly less and less for self and more and more for His burdens, that He lays on us from moment to moment - the lost, the dying, the starving, the mourning, the deceived, the unlearned, the needy and on and on it goes, with no thought of self.
His Love is the death of self and the fullness of His Purpose in all of our lives. "The Love of GOD" increasingly experienced until the human body is almost unable to withstand it. Bless The LORD of GLORY - Glory to The King of Kings - The LORD GOD Almighty Alone.

Help us LORD to Love You and others in this selfless way, more and more each passing day. Thank You LORD GOD Almighty - Only You can show us Your Love, and Your Spirit impart this potentially heart-breaking revelation to us, as we pray for Your Love to fill us, with the same Love that Jesus had for The Father and vice versa.
Bless You Jesus, Lamb of The Most High GOD. Have mercy on us all to serve You in Spirit and in Truth - with Your Love.

Thank you mama!

2011/3/7 13:50
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
I agree with what the others have said. I also want to share that the longer you are a believer and the more you come to know and love the Lord with your whole being, your entire life will just become a prayer....most every thought you have will be a communing with God. I am not sure quite how to put it, but it becomes as natural as breathing. That isn't to say that we don't need specific and longer times in the prayer closet - we do. But as long as we keep our sins confessed, and make sure that we are right with other people, the flow between us and God is continual. We are truly praying without ceasing. I hope I am making sense. The longer you walk with Jesus, you will see what I mean.

wow! amen!!
What was post was this??

2011/3/7 13:57Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

A-believer: You were created to have intimate relationship with a living God, to know Him and to bring Him praise and pleasure. This is the ultimate and overriding purpose that God has for man.

I know what you meant by your question was something more specific and had to do with the plan of God specifically for your life, but I believe the answer I gave is very important in that pursuit. Scripture says to delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. I have found this to be absolutely true. If you are unsure of a specific direction that God has for your life, don't sweat it and don't spend too much time considering it. Focus instead on your ultimate and overriding purpose, to know Him intimately. Seek with your whole heart to fulfill that purpose, for it is out of that pursuit that all other callings will come.

I believe if you feel insignificant or less-than because you do not seem to have a "purpose" like others around you then your identity is to one degree or another wrapped up in what you can do or what you get to do rather than in Jesus Christ Himself. This is a bit of a dangerous place for a person because it often compels that person to seek after the calling itself as a means of fulfillment. This leads to compromise for the sake of the calling. The calling can easily become idolatry. But a person who is secure in God and who could not care less about their calling if it would in any way hinder their love relationship with God is the person who God can use in a very powerful way.

So don't worry about how you might come to know your purpose. Acknowledge your ultimate purpose and pursue Him with your whole heart. He will be faithful to reveal the rest to you in His time-frame.

2011/3/7 18:59Profile

Re:

Sis Star, that's from a thread titled "how often do you pray?" @ Devotional Thoughts.

Amen!

2011/3/8 0:37
That-guy0010

Re:

sorry about that last post i got mixed up and posted this on the wrong thread. sorry for any confusion.

2011/3/11 22:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy