SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : River Rising

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

River Rising

Revival Rivers are Rising! I look forward to catching up on this thread. It will obviously take some time. My doctoral disseration was "Revival Representatives." I define revival simply, GOD's Saturating Presence. GOD's Presence always results in the cycle of the 4R's of Revival. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/19 12:16Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

RISING RIVERS of REVIVAL

Shalom ... It would be interesting to read the "Rising Rivers of Revival" many of you are experiencing. How do you define "revival"? What is or is not "revival"? Where are you experiencing "revival"? Who are some of the "revivalists" you have heard that encouraged revival in your community? What paradigm shifts in your community took place when "Rising Rivers of Revival" flooded? Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/21 15:44Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

RISING RIVERS of REVIVAL

Shalom ... Let me list questions that, I believe, should establish a common ground for building bridges for the Passion for GOD's Presence in our personal lives, family, community, nation and the world.
1) How do you define "revival"?
2) Where are you experiencing "revival"?
3) Who are some of the "revivalists" you have heard that encouraged a Passion for the Presence of GOD?
4) What paradigm shifts in your community took place when "Rising Rivers of Revival" flooded?
5) What are the "signs of revival" - are they the antics manifested or the character represented?
6) How has our modern media exposed favorably and unfavorably current "revivals" and what difference does reporting/recording/retelling of historical "revivals" influence, inspire, instruct and inform us who desire "revival" GOD's Saturating Presence today?
These are starter questions to build bridges of understanding and passion. Let me challenge you, as fellow Believers in YESHUA (Jesus) The Messiah (The Annointed One) to take up one or more of these questions and express your heart, mind and resources. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/22 11:06Profile

Re: My four favorite worms of revival

They are David Brainerd, Duncan Campbell, Evan Roberts and Frank Bartleman. All four men I have either read about extensively or in the case of Messrs. Campbell listened to his messages over and over.

As I have to wake up at an insanely early hour tommrrow, I can only say the common denominator between these 4 men is this; that their prayer life was robust and vigourous , so much so that the world would term them "insane" or "obssessive", Praise God for such insanity!

Oh to be a fool for Christ! Insanely sold out and in love with the Lord!!

HalleLuYah!!

Neil

2004/11/22 23:27
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Re: RISING RIVERS of REVIVAL

Shalom ... Well we have a small beginning of at least one identifying his four favorite "revivalists." Others who may offer answers to the questions posed? Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/23 8:46Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Others who may offer answers to the questions posed? Love and Prayers,

Repentance that leads to genuine regeneration for the redemption of the purchased possession and the reclaimation of the Glory of God in the earth by our right response to the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). When the stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears cease resisting the Holy Ghost, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile, we will have revival. But men do always resist, lest they should return to the Lord and restore the LORD to His rightful place of reverencial fear, awe, and wonder; to the praise of the glory of His grace. Therefor Hashem (HIS Name) is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of His people as it is written.

The Lord hath said and will not repent; I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me earnestly. (Hosea 5:15 ASV) When men once again rend their hearts and not their garments; when men return to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. When the Church returnsto the love the had at first, for the one that loved them first (JESUS CHRIST), then and only then, will be have revival.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/11/23 9:22Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Revival Rivers Rising

Shalom, Robert ... Well written. I particularly enjoyed the "R" aliterations you were inspired to communicate. Each of them worked! Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/23 11:49Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: RISING RIVERS of REVIVAL

Hello Rabbi, I'm jumping in here because you mentioned my favorite word!

Answers to your Questions:
1) Revival is an intense period of God's power and Presence sweeping through a place so that unconnected people are touched by Him and whole towns erupt in Holy Fire.
2)Experienced revival in the early 1980's in Colorado. (a small one)
3) Mostly read about revivalists of past centuries like Jonathan Edwards, Geo. Whitefield, J. Wesley, etc. Leonard Ravenhill ranks highest for the 20th century. Gerhard du Toit is tops on my list of still-living revivalists that I've heard.
4) In the '80's in Colo., God used a little band of recovering alcoholics and diverse church members. Many people they talked with came under great conviction and they baptised several dozen. The revival came over to the Western Slope and found a few dozen more of us. It was the most beautiful, exciting thing I've ever seen. We've seen tiny glimpses of revival since, but nothing sustained or 'flowing' into a river.
5)Signs of revival... hmmm. Here's my list of signs that revival is imminent: First: Many unconnected people becoming convicted of sin in their lives. Unconnected people actively seeking God in odd ways, like asking a stranger in a store 'Do you know anything about God?' Second: Desperate, unrelenting prayer burdens among some people, to the point that they feel quite sick and wonder if they are cracking up. Third: A decline in holiness, increase in personal crises, lukewarm pathetic churches / pastors / ministries who will not listen to wise counsel.
6)Revival can be spread by such reporting. God has done it many times in the past.

My only goal in life is to see revival and bring my children and friends into the Cleansing Flood. Your posts are great, dear Rabbi, thanks!

Mrs. Fred

2004/11/24 3:15Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Revival Rivers Rising

Shalom, Mrs. Fred ... How pleasant it is when sisters/brothers dwell together in unity ... for it is there the blessing of The LORD is foreever." Psalm 133. Your input is deeply valued, Mrs Fred. I rejoice with you that "revival" is a passionate pursuit of yours. I am going to suspend, however, my continuation on this thread for now and concentrate more wholly on "Jewish Roots." However, I expect to weave into the "Jewish Roots" the inter-related thoughts I have briefly shared in "Israel Intercession Injunction," "Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant?" and this thread "Revival Rivers Rising." I do expect to continue offering electronic prayer vigil under that appropriate thread. My wife and our prayer early every morning surrounds the deep desire for our adult children and 10 grandchildren to experience the Saturating Presence of GOD, "revival" as they too pursue passionately His Presence in their lives. Mrs. Fred, you are warmly welcomed to come visit with us more in the "Jewish Roots" forum. Baruch haba B'Shem ADONAI. Blessed is she who comes in The Name of The LORD. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/24 10:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy