SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Zealous Man

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
whyme

The Zealous Man

“A zealous man in religion is pre-eminently a man of one thing. It is not enough to say that he is earnest, hearty, uncompromising, wholehearted, fervent in spirit. He only sees one thing, he cares for one thing, he lives for one thing, he is swallowed up in one thing; and that one thing is to please God. Whether he lives, or whether he dies, whether he has health, or whether he has sickness, whether he is rich, or whether he is poor, whether he pleases man, or whether he gives offense, whether he is thought wise, or whether he is thought foolish, whether he gets blame, or whether he gets praise, whether he gets honor, or whether he gets shame, for all this the zealous man cares nothing at all. He burns for one thing; and that one thing is to please God, and to advance God’s glory. If he is consumed in the very burning, he cares not for it; he is content. He feels that, like a lamp, he is made to burn; and if consumed in burning, he has but done the work for which God appointed him.”
J.C. Ryle

2011/2/28 11:46Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: The Zealous Man

Amen. Well said. I've had some thoughts on zeal lately. Things such as...

Be a zealous Christian: love your neighbor as yourself.
Be a zealous Christian: speak kindly and gently to other people...

I think you get the picture :-)

2011/2/28 12:00Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Thank the Lord! Thank you whyme.

Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this ONE THING I DO, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Php 3:14 I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.

2011/2/28 12:03Profile
Joyful_Heart

This says it all whyme! This is my hearts desire. I have shared this with others as well. Thank you for posting this. All glory to God!

2011/2/28 12:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy