SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Genesis 31:10-13 more powerful than John's entire prologue?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
logs22

Is Genesis 31:10-13 more powerful than John's entire prologue?

I've always loved John 1:1-18 as my favorite scripture because it was new and revolutionary to the Jews of John's time, and it revealed new truths hidden up until that point in the bible.

But I recently came across a youtube video that was somewhat challenging,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMUKLfgtto

the video description speaks about how Genesis 31:10-13 is overlooked by practically everyone...

Genesis 31:10-13,
The angel of God said, "I am the God of Bethel."

Doesn't that have all the power of John's prologue? Maybe more? And if so, why is it overlooked by all of us?

2011/2/27 13:32Profile
logs22

Re: Is Genesis 31:10-13 more powerful than John's entire prologue?

Anyone out there? Please give time to read the youtube video, because it has recently somewhat shaken my faith. I'm hoping that someone here can address some of the issues in it and help me out. Thank you.

2011/3/4 21:45Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I am confused about the youtube video you linked, there is almost nothing on the video other than a phrase that says, "The book of Romans was added that the trespass might increase." Other than that, it doesn't say anything. What am I missing Logs?

2011/3/5 0:24Profile
logs22

Re: Is Genesis 31:10-13 more powerful than John's entire prologue?

Please someone read the video description to the youtube video, and help me defend my faith. Thank you.

2011/4/1 11:44Profile
logs22

Re:

Why is it that when someone like me truly needs help, that a thread like this is avoided by so many people? I know that the youtube video is challenging, but that is why I came here first for help. I've prayed about this alot, but my faith is still shaken. Can a brave soul please step up and help a fellow Christian in need. God bless.

2011/4/12 8:27Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

a reply from a not so brave soul

To me that YouTube link is a jumbled mess. My knowledge of God tells me His is not the God of Confusion. Also, I do not go to YouTube for verification of my Faith in Jesus, or for education in Biblical facts.

I go to my KJV Bible and pray for God to guide me and open my eyes and ears. It is easy to get your Faith weakened when you do not feed it the proper diet, or if you live on the junk food of someones ramblings.

Not to say that there can not be Truth mixed in with the jumble but that is what satan does. He mixes the truth in with his lies.

I will pray for you, Jesus loves you,
white stone

2011/4/12 10:38Profile

A different God....[ there is only One true God..]

There is a string of videos that relate here, but the gist is that there was, and would be a future crucifixion...of an Egyptian "messiah" that paralleled Jesus's experience of the cross.

Horus ..[ with some confusion and much interpretation and presumptive interpretation of hieroglyphics..] was the man, and returned again at Nazareth, and would return again at the second coming.

In answer to the Poster....who claimed that this shook his faith....I might say that you probably never had a lot of faith to shake...[ no offense..]

This is a pure cultic new age view...[ and there are thousands..] about the savior Jesus....and His mission, and secret identity.

I might suggest to you , that if you want to find Him, and understand Him more...that you forsake every New Age..supernatural idea, and immerse yourself in the Bible alone.

Also, that you would confess to Him your sins, and seek Him as Savior, that you may become born again...[ I hope you are...but it doesn't seem so..]

The Bible has the complete and pure truth about Jesus...with no extra additives that will lead you astray...as it seems you are prone to entertain.

I hope this helps....and I might add, that we all.., me included...were at one time seeking the truth, and have delved into similar deception in our quest.

May god lead you to the Truth...and Jesus said that it was a Person...not an idea...The TRUTH was HIMSELF!

John 14:5-7 (King James Version)

5. Thomas saith unto him, "Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?"

6. Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.".............................................

He was saying that he was God almighty. True Christians know that this is truth.

2011/4/12 11:16
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: A different God....[ there is only One true God..]

Hello logs22,

Brother Tom spoke the truth.

I looked in Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Bible and wanted to share this part with you:

Quote:
Note, There is more of equity in the distributions of the divine providence than we are aware of, and by them the injured are recompensed really, though perhaps insensibly. Nor was it only by the justice of providence that Jacob was thus enriched, but, 2. In performance of the promise intimated in what is said v. 13, I am the God of Beth-el, This was the place where the covenant was renewed with him. Note, Worldly prosperity and success are doubly sweet and comfortable when we see them flowing, not from common providence, but from covenant-love, to perform the mercy promised--when we have them from God as the God of Beth-el, from those promises of the life which now is that belong to godliness. Jacob, even when he had this hopeful prospect of growing rich with Laban, must think of returning. When the world begins to smile upon us we must remember it is not our home. Now arise (v. 13) and return, (1.) To thy devotions in Canaan, the solemnities of which had perhaps been much intermitted while he was with Laban. The times of this servitude God had winked at; but now, "Return to the place where thou anointedst the pillar and vowedst the vow. Now that thou beginnest to grow rich it is time to think of an altar and sacrifices again." (2.) To thy comforts in Canaan: Return to the land of thy kindred. He was here among his near kindred; but those only he must look upon as his kindred in the best sense, the kindred he must live and die with, to whom pertained the covenant. Note, The heirs of Canaan must never reckon themselves at home till they come thither, however they may seem to take root here.

Seek and ye shall find, yes but you need to see God in His Holy Word, not in man's words. Read the Bible & seek forgiveness as Brother Tom said.

white stone

2011/4/12 12:46Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Keep in mind the community rule that we are not allowed to link to materials outside the site without permission (such as youtube). We ask that this rule be observed.

Thanks,

Robert

2011/4/12 17:06Profile

Re:

From what I saw of this, this video is just another spin off of the Zeitgeist and 16 crucified Christs nonsense (that is terribly historically inaccurate).

It's mostly propagated by people who just hate the Bible so much that they're willing to just make up "facts" about this stuff, in a vain attempt to disprove it.

If you want an in detail debunking this is what I would do;

Go to Youtube and search for the user VerseByVerseBT.

Search his videos for the term "zeitgeist".

Watch any of the full length Zeitgeist refuted or Zeitgeist debunked videos. It will take some time, but it will be worth it.

2011/4/12 19:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy