SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "What Is Man's real problem" ???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

To Endzone,
Yeah, it's Hebrews 12:4. I'm not sure this verse is talking directly to sinning. I think it's telling us that we haven't done as much as Jesus has done in the fight against sin. What Jesus did was nail our sin to the cross. This same chapter says in v. 2 to fix our eyes on Jesus who is the author and perfector of our faith. I'm not saying that we don't need to worry about sin, it's obvious from the Bible that sin is a big deal. I'm saying that our focus shouldn't be on trying to not sin. Out focus must be on Christ who has begun this good work in us and said He will be faithful to complete it. I really think that my view of sin (not being the problem) makes sin a bigger problem if that makes sense. If it was within our power to stop we could just stop. Since I believe it's a heart issue the implications of sin are even worse than just doing something that's on the "don't do" list. There is no list. If your heart strays, everything you do is sin, even breathing. People go to hell not because they drank too much. People go to hell because they reject God.

2011/3/1 12:39Profile

Re:

2 Tim. 2:24-26

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

You said in your original post that everything can be boiled down to a sin problem. Well, you're wrong. Here are Christians who have a a "truth" problem. Jesus also said, "You will know the truth and the truth will make you free". The freedom He was talking about there is the freedom from sin.

Yes I can understand your frustration with those who go to counseling and this program and that program, and they can't seem to shake that sin issue which binds them. But are you just going to tell a Christian heroin addict or a Christian sex addict or a Christian alcoholic, "You just have a sin problem brother", and expect that after that great revelation they will be free?

2011/3/1 18:02
AgapeWarrior

Re:

What most people wrestle with (sex, drugs, profanity, pride, etc...) and consider sin are not what I would consider the problem. All of these actions are simply the fruits of sin. Perhaps it's strange for me to lump all sin together into one singular entity, but it all boils down to love.

Why does one drink into drunkeness? Cause one loves the drink more than Jesus. Why does one commit lude acts of sexual deviance? Cause one loves lust more than Jesus. Why does one become so prideful? Cause one loves oneself more than Jesus.

When people begin to fall head over heels in love with Jesus, sin will melt away from their lives! Jesus said that "if you love me, you will keep my commandments." Being in love with the saviour is key to being sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. It's His leading that renews our minds and transforms us into creatures that achieve spiritual maturity.

Love, peace, and joy are all incredibly important to having a glorious walk with God. But the most important is love (charity). Once we have the love for God and seek His kingdom, well... peace (sooo important) and joy (our strength) as well as righteousness (the solution to the posted problem) all come naturally. (Or supernaturally) ;)

2011/3/2 3:13Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
When people begin to fall head over heels in love with Jesus, sin will melt away from their lives! Jesus said that "if you love me, you will keep my commandments." Being in love with the saviour is key to being sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. It's His leading that renews our minds and transforms us into creatures that achieve spiritual maturity.

Amen. What you have said here is spot on.

One thing I would say though is that I think one of Satan's greatest deceptions is to get people to fall in love with another Jesus than the Biblical Jesus. This keeps sin alive and well in the heart but kept under a veneer of false humility. It's prevalent in cults (inc the Word of Faith movement) and sad to say it is also widespread among 'Evangelical' youth groups.

2011/3/2 5:04Profile

Re:

Amen!

2011/3/2 13:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy