SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another False Revival: Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Another False Revival: Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival?

Since most everyone has their opinion of the Brownsville revival, whether they have been there or not, I am going to throw my two cents in.

The Brownsville revival was far from perfect, and I have never seen a move of God that was, because where the Holy Spirit is working, the enemy is busy attempting to discredit and counterfeit the work.

The gospel of Jesus Christ was preached at the Brownsville revival. Night after night Steve Hill preached strong messages that brought conviction of sin and many backsliders came back to the Lord, many people from all over the world were saved.

I witnessed the effect that this move of God had on my friends and the young people that were there at the meetings. They went forth from these meetings as bold witnesses for Jesus Christ in the streets of our city. Ministries came forth out of this revival that are still going on today and bearing fruit. I witnessed more of an anointing on the ministry that the Lord had put me in at the time that these meetings were taking place.

If you want to hear one of the teachers that ministered at the Brownsville revival and headed up the "Fire School" that trained young people for the ministry, listen to Michael Brown's teachings. These were some of the best teachings on discipleship that I have ever heard. The cross was preached. It wasn't just about all sorts of weird manifestations going on. Andrew Strom and others have thrown the baby out with the bath water by placing an emphasis on some of the strange manifestations while totally ignoring the good fruit that came out of this revival.

John Kilpatrick is a true man of God. He is a true pastor with a passion for revival and prayer.

The Word of God says that we are to prove all things. It also says that we are to hold fast to that which is good.

There have been many good men that have rejected moves of God because they didn't line up with what a revival was suppose to look like in their eyes. During the Great Awakening, Jonathan Edwards had some of the leading theologians of the day reject that great revival because they did not approve of many of the manifestations that were taking place. We can learn from history, the same thing is going on today.

Mike

2011/2/27 8:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
"AN EVIL AND ADULTEROUS GENERATION SEEKS AFTER A SIGN

If your a sign seeker!

Since we are believers, we are not seeking a sign to know that Jesus is our Lord and Christ, we know.

I have heard it said so many time that we shouldn't be looking for these things, but that is not what the Apostle Paul said, he came not with enticing words of man's wisdom but in DEMONSTRATION and POWER of the holy Ghost.

There is nothing wrong in wanting to see the power of God in demonstration, that our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

There is more talk than power. And I know that is not just talking about exterior manifestations but it's also the inner workings of God in man bringing men to repentance. But lets not do away with the other as if it's not important for they are important, all of them.

2011/2/27 10:05

Re:

Back on Topic - Are you men or women saying that you see nothing wrong with the website that DeltaDom posted ?

2011/2/27 13:03
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: by Jesus-is-GOD on 2011/2/27 10:03:49

Quote:
Jesus-Is-God wrote:
Back on Topic - Are you men or women saying that you see nothing wrong with the website that DeltaDom posted ?

Is it the testimony you are having a problem with or the website itself?

About the video I watched that he posted and Nathan Morris said a couple of things I have to agree with, “People ask me how I know it was God. I say, Believe me, when God’s power comes on you like that, you don’t need anybody to introduce Him. He introduces Himself.” I experienced that when Christ came to me.

AND what he said here, “The voice of God... it wasn’t audible, it was inside here. You see God when He speaks to you can reach a point that no man, no nothing can ever reach.” Yep, definitely, so true. I cannot argue with those things.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/2/28 18:05Profile

Ruf, Lysa, Mike

nice word here:

Quote:
Friend, I have to believe you are serious when you say you are desperate for the truth.

You could begin by ceasing your agreement with the enemy in accusing others. Join Jesus Christ in His constant intercession for them.

"Revival" may not be as neat and tidy as we are lead to believe.

i love it so much when a brother or sister can say a lot with an economy of verbiage, well spoke beloved.

and Lysa and Mike "abideinHim"...amen to both what ya'll said.....amen.

i'm telling ya, if we could bottle up all the time and energy spent on "false revival" threads and put it into intercessory prayer...........the possibilities are endless.

2011/2/28 18:42

Re:

You didn't answer the question Lisa. What about the website that his event is advertised on???

A man is known by the company he keeps.

Is 'this' how we need to "advertise" - and do we need to go to events like this to get "a touch" or "healed"?

How far would you travel for such an event?

I'm not impressed by "words", but by fruits and I truly have problems with "healers" renting accomadations for healing services on a web-page that is geared toward nothing but making money off of some gullible humans and gives at the bottom of the page "Related Videos" containing the likes of Benny Hinn and many other 'questionables'.

Don't we have any discernment left? -- to heed Jesus' warning to 'watch that we not be deceived' or Matt 24:24?

I'd never want to stand guilty before GOD for being a Pieded Piper for a spiritual scam, or worse. Better a millstone be tied around my neck and me be thrown into the ocean.

Sid Roth has pretty much anybody on his show. Where's our discernment? And anyone can say the right words but is that how we judge a movement of this size or type?
If one can look at the medium for this message and still condone this - I'll just pray for them, Sincerely.
With His Love!

2011/2/28 18:47
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:

Is 'this' how we need to "advertise" - and do we need to go to events like this to get "a touch" or "healed"?

Sister, I refuse to judge them. And I refuse to let you draw me into a long drawn-out argument / discussion about a website I only visit a couple times a year! Do you not think that God knows exactly what they are doing?

Quote:

A man is known by the company he keeps.

Such a black and white statement that is meant to put down this website (or me?).

I know the quote is generally true but here’s another side to it: I love spending time with the girls at the jail; they are a lot more REAL than a lot of Christians.

Quote:
I'm not impressed by "words", but by fruits and I truly have problems with "healers" renting accomadations for healing services on a web-page that is geared toward nothing but making money off of some gullible humans and gives at the bottom of the page "Related Videos" containing the likes of Benny Hinn and many other 'questionables'.

Then sister, I guess you will have quite a few problems this year and in the coming years because it looks like you’re going to be busy full of problems.

I trust that God is in control and that He knows exactly what He agrees with and disagrees with; I’ve seen Him take care of other people and I’m sure if this bothers Him, He’ll take care of it. Because I pick my battles to fight and let me tell ya that Sid Roth is not even in the top 100.

Quote:
Don't we have any discernment left? -- to heed Jesus' warning to 'watch that we not be deceived' or Matt 24:24?

Are you implying that I or the other people, who disagree with you, that we have no discernment?

One of the battles that I do wage war against the part of Christianity that refuses to love the unloveable, no matter what form it takes.

God bless you too!
Lisa

2011/2/28 19:13Profile

Re:

No one "drew you into an argument" Lisa. You chose to answer a post that I put up, asking about the website that Dom posted and I in turn, gave my opinion again. Twice total - Titus 3:10.

His Love in truth to you again.

2011/2/28 19:23

Lisa (and all)

you wrote:

Quote:
One of the battles that I do wage war against the part of Christianity that refuses to love the unloveable, no matter what form it takes.

that's IT, right there.

THAT IS THE CROSS......to love the unloveable.

my son, 15 years old, filled with the Holy Spirit, taught me that yesterday. i was spewing out anger and venom against my mother and a childhood went awry, and for 2 and a half intense hours,during a drive back to the city this young man, a boy really, pinned me to the mat, and kept asking, "but do you forgive her?!"

we werent yelling at each, but he was dogged, and it was intense.

we arrived home, i was spent, convicted, i turned to him and asked, "Do you want to see Jesus' Power?"

he nodded, i dialed my mother, who has been grieving the death of my father, her ex-husband on Saturday. She answered the phone, and facing my son, i asked her, in the softest, gentlest voice, "How are you Mommy?"

she said, "not good". i said, "i know".....then God flooded my soul, and i said, "Mommy, are you hungry?"

she said, "yes"......i asked, "can we pick you up some Chinese food?"

she was happy, and asked, "could i just hug you?"

i said, "yes, of course, we'll order the food and be right over".

we picked up the food, drove over to her apartment, she came outside, got in the car, she hugged her grandson, hugged me, she was crying, and then she said, "i'm so sorry about everything".

and this was IMPLICIT, she meant EVERYTHING.bad childhood, bad parenting, EVERYTHING. i said, oh Mommy, we love you always, just know that".

and my son was looking DIRECTLY into my eyes, and his eyes, said to me, "Do you see?....you must forgive".

i looked back into her eyes, so weary, so old, and said with all the love in my heart, "i love you always,please know that and i'm so sorry the grief you feel, i'm praying that grief be washed away".

Jesus was in that car, all i had to do, was to forgive my mother, and show her Love, and it was a mere boy, dogged in his committment to the Provisions of Grace, and full of the Holy Spirit, that taught his father, me, such a lesson.

and so importantly, God taught my son lessons, that will only be revealed, many years from now in Heaven.

Today has been a Good Day. Thank you Jesus, in His Love, neil

2011/2/28 20:40

Re: Lisa (and all)

Quote:
How far would you travel for such an event?

If I had the time, I'd travel to see any fire, even a wild fire. Nothing is going on here, hasn't been for the last 30 years.

But you know if Jesus showed up here and we didn't know Him from Adam, we'd have the same forum about Him as we are with anyone that doesn't fit the bill of our neat and tidy Christianity.

I can see the thread title, "crazy preachers takes mud and puts it on guys eyes". This is how the first post would look like;

"Now that is really weird, and the guy claims he can see after he was told to wash in the public pool. Yeah right, I won't believe that until I see the Doctor's report. This preacher even told a woman that her sins were forgiven, now I know that he is a false prophet because only God can forgive sins."

This is our thinking folks. We say nothing about the above statement because we have read about it in the bible and because Jesus did it already, but if we were there with our "right" attitude, we'd have an opinion and believe me, the Jerusalem cafe's would have been open for debate and expresso.

God is no respecter of persons, where ever there is faith directed towards God for any healing whatsoever, He'll be there. God is attracted to faith and will respond to it even if the man praying hasn't got his theology 100% lined up with our own.

As Jesus said to one of his eager disciples about what the other guy was doing over town, Jesus said, leave them alone, if they before us, gravy! But as for you, get your eyes on what I am doing and saying.

2011/2/28 21:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy