SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : For I am the Lord, I change not.... by Octavius Winslow

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

For I am the Lord, I change not.... by Octavius Winslow

February 24: He Is Faithful To You

“For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore you sons of Jacob are not consumed.” Malachi 3:6.

It is no small attainment to be built up in the faithfulness of God. This forms a stable foundation of comfort for the believing soul. Mutability marks everything outside of God. Look into the Church, into the world, into our families, ourselves, what innumerable changes do we see on every hand! A week, one short day, what alterations does it produce! Yet, in the midst of it all, to repose calmly on the unchangeableness, the faithfulness of God. To know that no alterations of time, no earthly changes, affect His faithfulness to His people. And more than this- no changes in them- no unfaithfulness of theirs, causes the slightest change in God. Once a Father, ever a Father; once a Friend, ever a Friend.

His providences may change, His heart cannot. He is a God of unchangeable love. The promise He has given, He will fulfil; the covenant He has made, He will observe; the word that has gone out of His mouth, He will not alter. “He cannot deny Himself.” Peace then, tried believer! Are you passing now through the deep waters? Who kept you from sinking when wading through the last?
Who brought you through the last fire? Who supported you under the last cross? Who delivered you out of the last temptation? Was it not God, your covenant God- your faithful, unchangeable God? This God, then, is your God now, and your God forever and ever, and He will be your guide even unto death. (Hallelujah, Hallelujah! We serve an awesome God! Hallelujah!

2011/2/24 12:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: For I am the Lord, I change not.... by Octavius Winslow

Praise God that when we are going through the fire, and it seems like all hell is coming against us, we can take comfort in the fact that God is faithful, and that He never changes.

Thanks for the post!

Mike

2011/2/24 13:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy