SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What does it mean to come under God's judgment?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: What does it mean to come under God's judgment?

In your first post you said:

Quote:
I know that I am currently under God's judgment.

Don't lose sight of that, just because there is hope for you.

You 'held the truth in unrighteousness' again and again. What happened when you woke that day and found yourself in torment, ties in with Romans 1:28 and 32, and, 2 Thess 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness'.

Paul also said in 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron'.

If God had not allowed these things to befall you, would you ever have acknowledged to yourself that you were in sin? I do believe it is His mercy and grace to have allowed you to feel the effects of not taking seriously His clear direction to flee fornication.

I think this deadened place is from where you're trying to fight your way back - and it can be done - but it is unrelenting hard work to turn away from a sin which has been your best friend for so long; and to let the Lord heal you, and find a new place of assurance and whole-hearted, single-minded dedication to God's purpose for you.

Quote:
Will he restore? I don't know. Nobody wants to talk about real life hard core cases such as mine. All anybody wants to say is "mercy and grace"

Don't fall into the 'broken diet' trap, where you allow yourself to reason that because you've failed, there is no point trying any more. Unless you try, you will not gain the victory in your own experience - which is what will bring you peace, and bring joy to God's heart.

Have you ever read closely, the verse which says: there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth? (Luke 15:10) This is often misinterpreted to the angels rejoicing, but no, they are looking on. It is the Father and the Son who are rejoicing. Christ Jesus is receiving the reward of His labour.

In a way, you've had your own worship system going - a form of idolatry.

Paul says in 2 Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if YE through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

God gives YOU the power to pull down the strongholds, beginning with a genuine desire for the spiritual work of repentance to begin, whereby you really know you've turned away from all this, to God, with your whole being.

Wesley, in the following verses, touches on unbelief - agreement with sin.

Come, O my guilty brethren, come,
Groaning beneath your load of sin?
His bleeding heart shall make you room,
His open side shall take you in,
He calls ou now, invites you home,
Come , O my guilty brethren, come!

For you the purple current flowed
In pardon from His wonded side;
Languished for you the eternal God,
For you the Prince of Glory died.
Believe, and all your guilt's forgiven;
Only believe, and yours is heaven.

The Lord can restore you if you WILL co-operate with Him. That means to DESIRE Him more than sin.

Today's sermon from Times Square Church may be a blessing to you, to establish a new landmark in your personal history to which you never need return.

A Plea for Moral Purity

http://sermon3a.tscnyc.ws/2011/mp3g/20110306S1.mp3

2011/3/6 16:28
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Forgive my ineptness

Endzone, I'm sorry I'm so late in coming back on the thread. I meant in no way to identify your bondage to sin as pedaphilia. I was just trying to make a point that obviously was not understood. Most likely due to my ineptness to communicate my point. However, regardless of the sin, there is slavery if you are in bondage to it.

I would like to make a quick comparison using KIng Saul and King David, and like RobertW, I will not labor long on what we are so familiar. 1st Samuel 15 reveals so much in the heart of Saul. Given what it reveals I would be hesitant to identify myself in any way with Saul unless I could honestly appraise myself in the worst of Estates.

(King Saul)1st Samuel chapter 15 when Samuel says you are the man (so to speak)

Verse:
12 SAUL ROBS THE GLORY DUE GOD
15 lies to Samuel
20 DEFENDS HIS SIN
21 lays blame by his words shows his relationship with God
is not personal
24 MORE AFRAID OF MEN THAN GOD
25 SEEKS FORGIVENESS OF MAN BUT NOT GOD
30 MORE CONCERNED WITH APPEARANCE THAN REPENTANCE

(this hardly speaks to one born of God)

(King David) 2nd Samuel chapter 12 when Nathan says you are the man

verse:
12 I have sinned against the Lord! (Thats it)(this is the heart of one born of God)

The beautiful psalms that show the physical and mental state of David in sin identify the misery of a chosen one of the Lord who is hiding in unrepentance. He is on the verge of death because there is no rest for him. Guilt is almost unbearable as he is practically dying before our eyes. Nathan saying, "you are the man", brings the greatest relief to David as He is put right back into fellowship with the Lord. Where he belongs.

Are you the man?

2011/3/6 19:24Profile

Re:

I want to thank you all for your thoughtful and encouraging words. This whole thing started just over a year ago the last week of February/2010. A couple of months ago I wanted to commit suicide as I thought there was no hope and I was tormented by demonic spirits. But today and even recently I think the Lord is still on my side. My head has gotten clearer and my spirit is starting to be restored. I am not as sick as I have been. Maybe I could even hold a job now if I could find one.

Whoever you were that prayed for me, thank you so much. My spirit has been made better just in the past week.

I do realize though that the Holy Spirit may never come back to me in power and closeness and with revelation like He did for 30 years of my life. The Holy Spirit doesn't speak to me anymore. I have no idea what I should do. When I pray I hear the distracting demonic voices in my mind harassing me. If the Lord doesn't come back, the remaining years of my life are going to be very painful. I'm not sure that I can even hold a job now, and I look to healthy on the outside to ever get disability. I could be headed for the streets. I'm just not quite ready to give up.

God bless,
Craig

2011/3/6 22:04
MoReen

Re:

I just wNted to try 2 connect with you because I'm going through a similar situation. I ignored the Hoy Spirit 4 2 long. I haven't heard or sensed Him in a long time. And I have zoo many evil thoughts and voices going on. I miss His comfort. If you get this maybe we can communicate. I posted a new topic because I'm a newcomer. Have things gotten better for you?
I believe I'm under His wrath and judgement....what I'm experiencing is really indescribable..but it hasn't been good.
Hope you have gotten better.

2012/5/9 20:42Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: " You feel distant, not because God has withdrawn, but because you have withdrawn. I am sure God was dealing with you about these sins for years, but you continued in them. I can identify because there were areas of my life where I did the same thing. I found myself feeling very distant from God and wondered if He had left me for good. I found in the Bible that I was wrong about that. He promised never to leave or forsake me. Since I have that promise, I know it was me who was doing the leaving and forsaking."==TWAYNEB

Wow Twayneb, that is very helpful and powerful. Great words.

I think this problem is shared by the vast majority of Christians in America today. It may be the reason so few of us received answers to prayer or see any progress?

I think the same thing happened with me in that i at some point grieved the Spirit. Not sure when nor how but i suspect it may have had to do with my anger and wrath which was provoked by some very wicked and unreasonable relatives and others who did me great evil. Soon outrageous things were happening on a daily basis that seemed designed to get at me. I then got in the habit of justifying my wrath/anger and it became a habit itself and it is only recently that God opened my eyes to the damage that anger does. Twenty years before all this i never used to be such an angry person; there was certainly some anger in childhood but i had not had a problem with anger in like a decade. I also became angry at God a lot. Recently when my eyes were opened to the terrible destructive nature of my anger and how it damages my testimony i grieved over it and now that i recently decided to humble myself it is amazing how much fewer outrageous things are happening to provoke me to anger. Before it was like some sadistic spirit was persecuting me daily and nightly.

2012/5/10 0:11Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: " When I pray I hear the distracting demonic voices in my mind harassing me. If the Lord doesn't come back, the remaining years of my life are going to be very painful. I'm not sure that I can even hold a job now, and I look to healthy on the outside to ever get disability. I could be headed for the streets."==ANONYMOUS

Dear Brother Craig,

A coupla things. First, when you hear those demonic, distracting voices/words in your mind, it helps to immediately OUT LOUD praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and/or Holy Ghost. Believe me, it works. I have experienced those demonic attacks on my mind and this is what i do and it works for me. They may persist for a while to test you to see if you will stay with it but keep it up. Let them know that every time they put those blasphemous etc thoughts in your mind that the Lord is going to get praised! This has worked for me every time. And those spirits can be very subtle and sneaky; they make you think the thoughts are your own and it can be hard to discern the diff. When you are not sure, just praise the Lord OUT LOUD anyway.

Secondly, it does not matter how you look on the outside, you can still get disability. It is called an "invisible disability". There are many. Diabetes and Epilepsy, for example, are invisible. If you are in a too fragile mental-emotional state to work right now then that is as much a disability as a physical one. Quite frankly, i have seen people with mental disabilities get disability easier than those with physical disabilities. I do not know why this is. People with physical disabilities often have to get a lawyer and fight for it. If you truly cannot work then i suggest you just go apply for disability now rather than wait til you are almost on the street. The worst that can happen is you get turned down. And if you improve then you can work part-time or go back to work full-time, it doesn't have to be a life sentence. Contrary to what self-righteous people make it out to be, being on disability is not some kind of picnic. Your assets and income will be limited and the payments will barely be enough to keep you off the street unless you have had some good paying jobs over the years with which you paid in FICA tax. Of all the people i have known on disability, none is living in luxury and all are hurting. One elderly Christian man i know receives only $700/month and has been living on the street for years, even in -60 below weather. (But don't be despaired by this. He also is a horder (covetous?)and doesnt want to spend his money on a room for rent or even on a postage stamp. With God's help you will survive.)

Please do not kill yourself. Give God the benefit of the doubt and TIME to work.

2012/5/10 0:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy