SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New Header Logo for SermonIndex, thoughts?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 New Header Logo for SermonIndex, thoughts?

Saints,

I wanted to get to know what everyone thinks of the re-designed sermonindex logo. I feel this is an important step after 9 years to have a higher resolution logo that is clear and well done.

Thanks to Jake Stuzman for helping with the re-design: http://twitter.com/jstutzman he does great work at his design company here: http://www.elevatevc.com/

Here is the new logo header:
http://www.sermonindex.net/images/misc1/header2.gif

Here is the old logo header:
http://www.sermonindex.net/images/misc1/oldheader.gif

2011/2/22 12:50Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: New Header Logo for SermonIndex, thoughts?

I am open to the thoughts of the brothers and sisters on here. This is not a permnant change yet and am considering the new logo, etc.

Please share your feedback.

2011/2/22 13:00Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

I like the new one but it lacks the black color of "sermon" and ".net" that's on the old one that POPS out at you!!

2011/2/22 13:02Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Looks good Greg!

2011/2/22 13:22Profile
HeartSong

Graphically the new one is better, but I like the old one. Prettier is not always better.

If you do use the new one, the "Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival" needs work. It feels off balance - mushy - maybe because of the amount of radius at the bottom of the box outlining it in relation to the smaller font size. Also the placement of the small box on the larger box seems awkward and there is not enough dead space to the left of the "s" in the word sermon, it feels squished in relation to the space around the rest of the word "sermonindex."

I hope you really did want my opinion :|

Sometime people ask my opinion, and if they ask, I give it, but then I find out that they really did not want it - even though it is only my opinion.

How much do these things really matter anyway? One thing about making something "nicer" is that any flaws become more obvious - it must be part of the refining process.

2011/2/22 14:12Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

This is okay. Personally, I like the older version.

http://www.sermonindex.net/images/misc1/header2.gif.pagespeed.ce.5TIqIlwCPr.gif

I think that the new design looks a bit unbalanced with the ".net" added inside and the "Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival" off center. It also makes it seem like the ministry's name is "SermonIndex.net" rather than "SermonIndex" (whereas the ".net" was outside of the logo in the older design).

Either way, the Lord bless you for your efforts, Brother Greg!

*EDIT: My wife agrees. She likes the "Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival" under the new one (if it were centered) and the actual logo of the previous.

** Now, we are off to the dentist. Please keep my wife in your prayers!

2011/2/22 14:15Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Though not radically different, I do like the older one better. Maybe you need something other than this pill like shape for a logo?

2011/2/22 15:15Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Graphically the new one is better, but I like the old one. Prettier is not always better.

If you do use the new one, the "Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival" needs work. It feels off balance - mushy - maybe because of the amount of radius at the bottom of the box outlining it in relation to the smaller font size. Also the placement of the small box on the larger box seems awkward and there is not enough dead space to the left of the "s" in the word sermon, it feels squished in relation to the space around the rest of the word "sermonindex."

I hope you really did want my opinion :|

Sometime people ask my opinion, and if they ask, I give it, but then I find out that they really did not want it - even though it is only my opinion.

How much do these things really matter anyway? One thing about making something "nicer" is that any flaws become more obvious - it must be part of the refining process.

Thank you for all the valuable feedback and ideas. This is helping. I want to try and work with the new logo for abit and finish a page re-design with the front images also and then let it site for a few days. It is so hard to change once you have done something the same way for a long time.

I believe this new logo has potential and a cleaner look but of course flaws and not perfect. thanks for the continued suggestions.

2011/2/22 15:46Profile
Compton

Re:

I like the new one. It's a good decision to have the ".net" locked up with the name. The majority of websites are .coms, so in this case having the net locked up to the name serves a very pragmnatic function.

The other option is to remove the .net altogether, because .com does work as well.

One small point. "Sermon" might need to be slightly enlarged...optically it is receding in prominence to "index."

But I really like the new look. It's a good idea things every few years.

By the way, have you seen Audio Sermon Index?

http://audiosermonindex.com/members/html/

That brand looks similar to this one, not only in name, but also in colors. (This site has a nice clean interface, while the latter is much more cluttered.)

Mike

2011/2/22 16:11Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
That brand looks similar to this one, not only in name, but also in colors. (This site has a nice clean interface, while the latter is much more cluttered.)

Thanks brother for the feedback. I help make that site over 8 years ago and he was one of the guys that helped give the idea for the SermonIndex.net domain!

I do want to keep the SermonIndex.net so that people will mostly link to that domain and "not" the .com (though the .com and .org just forward to the .net). It would be good if the .net is the primary site everyone links to over the web thus the idea to make it very clear to people through the logo.

2011/2/22 16:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy