Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Making God Our Enviroment - Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Making God Our Enviroment - Sparks

February 21 "Open Windows" by T. Austin Sparks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Him we live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28)

This whole Bible is about bringing man back to God, bringing him into God, and restoring him to his environment. "In Him we live and move and have our being" is the fundamental truth of the spiritual life. There is one thing I suggest to you, or hint at, which, if you grasp it, would be such a tremendous help to you. When the Lord says anything, it may look on the face of it something very simple and not at all profound and wonderful; but anything that comes from the Lord, though it be apparently very simple, contains all the vast knowledge and understanding that the Lord has, and not to take account of that 'simple' thing may bring you into a vast amount of trouble.

When the Lord Jesus says: "Abide in Me" it sounds so simple and so ordinary, but it contains all this history, and this great principle and truth: "If you get out of your environment you are exposed to all the poisons and all that creates spiritual disease. Abide in Me for your health's sake! For your life's sake! For the sake of everything! Abide in Me, and I in you!" Have you got that? You look again at any seemingly 'little' thing that the Lord says, and if you could see you would find that you have a universe of meaning in it.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: Divine Order – In Christ - Chapter 3

2011/2/21 8:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy