SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : For the Hurting

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Bless you Brother!

Someone sent me this today - Luke 22:31,32

I did a study on those with the e-sword and found some very encouraging things in the dictionaries and Barnes and Clarke's commentaries. Good reading!

Pray one for another. thanks!

2011/2/23 20:50

"HIM"

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
(3:1) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus
(4:15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
(5:2-5) Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that He Himself also is compassed with infirmity. And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but He that is called of God, as was Aaron. So also Christ glorified not Himself to be made an high priest; but He that said unto Him, Thou art my Son, today have I begotten thee.
(6:18-20) That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
(7:25-27) Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them. For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this He did once, when He offered up Himself.
(8:1,2) Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
(9:28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
(10:12, 13) But this man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till His enemies be made His footstool.
(13:12-14) Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto Him without the camp, bearing His reproach.
For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

~*~

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me and being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; and in the midst of the seven candlesticks [Zec 4:2] one like unto the Son of man , clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and His hairs were white like wool , as white as snow; [Dan 7:9] and His eyes were as a flame of fire; and His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; [Dan 10:5-6] and His voice as the sound of many waters [Eze 43:2]. And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in His strength. [Isa 60:19,20]
And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead [Eze 1:28, Dan 8:18, Dan 10:8, Dan 10:17]. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [Isa 41:4; 44:6; 48:12] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. [Psa 68:20]

"Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth."

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war [Jer 23:5,6]. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His Head were many crowns [Psa 8:5]; and He had a Name written, that no man knew, but He Himself [Rev 3:12] and He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God ... and out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a Name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

And the nations were angry [Psa 2:1-3], and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear Thy Name, small and great; [Psa 115:13; Dan 12:1,2; Isa 26:19-21]
and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. [Isa 63-65]

~*~

Php 3:20,21 For our conversation is in Heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself. (4:1) Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

John 14:1-4 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me... I go to prepare a place for you and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. (26,27) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Tit 2:13-15 Looking for that Blessed Hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Amen!

2011/2/23 20:55

Re: "HIM"

Dear brothers and sisters,

"Walk in the Spirit..." (Galatians 5:16).

I am sorry I would have liked to paint the beautiful shining faces of Christians in Communist jail. Their faces shone, and it was quite an achievement for the glory of God to shine on the face of a Christian in Communist jails. We did not wash (I had not washed in three years), but the glory of God can shine even from behind a crust of dirt. They had triumphant smiles on their faces.

I know about Christians who were released from Communist prisons. I was one who was stopped several times on the street by passersby asking, "Sir, what is it in you? You look like such a happy man. What is the source of your happiness’?" I told them that I came from many years in Communist jails.

They could not understand this because they could not think beyond the difficulties of their own lives. They had not learned to walk in the Spirit and to experience the presence of God. So many would think, "If only you knew what a life I have - a husband who batters me, a wife who nags, children who break my heart - there are so many things." There are many material difficulties, tempests in your soul. I know these difficulties exist.

Horev was a Russian Christian who was in jail for many years. His father died in the same jail. Horev wrote in a letter, which he smuggled out from prison, that he was placed in a cell with common criminals. What they did to Christians is unimaginable.

The criminals beat Horev until lie fell unconscious. When he came to, he heard them talking among themselves, "We should grease some rope and hang him tonight." The others refused, because that was too complicated. They had better cut his throat and then place the bloody knife in his hand so it would look like suicide. That was the talk among them. You could believe it, because they did these things.

Then, walking in the Spirit, Horev envisioned another world for himself and said, "How beautiful it will be after they have cut my throat." He saw the angels receiving him, taking him in their arms to bring him to the bosom of Abraham. He saw himself encountering the martyrs of old. He enjoyed these things. He slept the whole night very quietly.

The next day, the criminals again beat him, and in the evening they talked about killing him. Horev said to himself, "But my father has died in this place. What an honor for me, and what a joy for my father, that I was not afraid and that I walked in his footsteps and will see Jesus." In thinking about this world that he envisioned for himself, he slept again quietly. It continued on like this until the eighteenth day, when he was moved from that jail. What he wrote is so beautiful: "I had to leave the cell. The criminal who had intended to cut my throat came to me, shook my hand, and said, "Truly, there is something supernatural in you."

What in the world does a criminal know about the supernatural? Horev was a page of the Bible, "an epistle of Christ ...written not with ink, but by the Spirit of the Living God" (2 Corinthians 3:3). The criminal knew from Horev, not from the Bible, that Horev belongs to Another. He has a divine nature. "There must be a God," the criminal said. "Every time we spoke about you, you were asleep and we did not think that you heard us. You kept your eyes closed. Why did you not jump at us? How could you sleep quietly and peacefully? Only one who really believes in eternal life can do this."

The criminal continued, "When you were taken for walk in the prison yard, you could have reported to the guard about us and requested to be placed in another cell. That is what is usually done, but you never did it. Why’? Why did you come back? Why did you not seek help with any man except with your God? Why did you pray on your knees every morning and every evening? You knew that we could kill you, as we have killed so many. Why did you give yourself quietly every day into our hands’? This is incomprehensible for us. Really, you have something supernatural in you." Once again he shook Horev’s hand and that is how they parted.

Horev did not live in this world.

We all expect that Jesus will come again and rapture us to heaven. No one will be raptured, I can assure you, if Christ hasn't raptured his heart already. No one will be in heaven if he is not in heaven already, if he does not live here in an entirely different world than the material world that surrounds us.

So whatever your circumstances - which initial be terrible for some of you - don't live this life. Live the new life, the eternal life, the timeless life, to which we are called by Jesus.

We were in prison cells with believers sentenced to death. As often as the door was unlocked, the prisoner did not know if he would be taken to a bath, to an interrogation or to be shot. Yet there was such a peace. There was no difference for him because he knew he had eternal life.

I belong to the family of God. I have the nature of God. Because I also have the nature of a man, I know I may live sixty or eighty years. Since I have the nature of God, who in the world can kill me? Men can change only my outward form, but I will live in other circumstances.

We saw this peace - the peace of those who understood that godly nature - and I plead with you for this. You have your difficulties. You have your crosses. Trust in the God who makes faces to shine and know that in Him you have eternal life.

Sincerely,

Pastor Richard Wurmbrand

http://members.cox.net/wurmbrand/wurmbrandbio.html

2011/2/25 12:32
Joyful_Heart

Re:

We serve an awesome God. This and all the testimonies of late are really encouraging me onward and upward. The seeds are going deep into my soul and all I can say is thank You Jesus for who You are. A faithful, loving, caring, Savior and so much more. You are worthy my Lord, You are worthy of all of our surrender. Amen and Amen.

Thank You for posting this Jesus Is God!

2011/2/25 12:41Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

That sounds great for you Joyful heart, but when ur going through is there a point where u have absolute peace in the storm. I want to be able to rest in the storm , i really do, I am full of struggling, I just want to rest in my faith.

In the midst of the storm, when u do not understand there are thoughts and ideas that are right there with you, it is scary or very uncharted waters that we walk.

2011/2/25 18:10Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I want to be able to rest in the storm , i really do, I am full of struggling, I just want to rest in my faith.

The illustration for this is, of course, Jesus Christ fast asleep in the boat while the fearful disciples struggled against the storm. The Lord slept on until He was awoken by their cries: "Master awake! We perish!"

His simple answer was, "Oh ye of little faith." And then He calmed the storm as though it were nothing.

Shift this scenario now into the spiritual and we see nothing has changed in 2011: we still have storms, and during these storms, it seems as though the Lord is sleeping. We know He is all-powerful, we acknowledge the Word of God is perfect, and we recount the flawless track-record of His provision and rescue in our lives for every storm in our past. Was there ever storm that completely slammed and sunk our boat in the Sea of Galilee which is our life? Yet, knowing the power of God, and having absolutely no justification to even doubt for a moment His efficacy for this present storm, we nonetheless continue to struggle, to fear, to yet again cry out "save me!" in yet another fit of frenzied, faithless exasperation.

Yet the Lord would again teach us the principle of "rest" in the midst of the storm. As Christ demonstrates this rest in His Father by sleeping in the boat in the midst of the waves and wind, so we are to take note and seek our peaceful rest in Him in the boat of our spirits. Do you have faith for this? Faith even now to drop the shredded mast, the ropes, the bailing buckets, and just crawl beside the Master fast asleep in the hull and lay your head into His breast? You too will be asleep, as it were, in no time. Sleeping in Christ, at rest, despite all the outer turmoil. Remember, the Lord said: "Why were you afraid, o ye of little faith?"

When we go through storms in life, it is perfectly natural to not understand a thing. It is natural that your theology is put to the test, that your flesh is rendered futile and that even your inner, sacred thoughts begin to lay seige against you. Like a tornado easily uproots trees, God sometimes brings storms to uproot ill-anchored convictions and concepts that are not foundationed soley in Christ. Do you trust in Bible study to get you through a storm? God will uproot that tree. Do you trust in your devotion life and prayer? God can uproot that tree too, to where the Bible is a book of lead and prayer is lifeless and hollow. Do you trust in men - your pastor, for example, to "pray you through the storm"? God will uproot that tree as well, and cause Him to fail to meet your expectations. These are all examples of struggle on our part, to resist the storm and establish some sort of plumb line that we can regulate and manipulate and engineer within ourselves for survival.

God knows us perfectly, and He knows when we've come to rely on this method of survival and personal enrichment. And so what does He do? He brings a tremendous storm, a hurricane, to uproot all the false gold we hold sacred. In one sweeping move He shows us all our prized diamonds are, in fact, mere glass if they are not predicated in Christ alone.

Brother Paul

2011/2/25 20:25Profile

Re: For the Hurting

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine"

King Solomon left among his wise sayings a prescription for sick and sad hearts, and it is one that we can safely take. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Joy is the great restorer and healer. Gladness of spirit will bring health to the bones and vitality to the nerves when all other tonics fail and all other sedatives cease to quiet. Are you ill? Begin to rejoice in the Lord, and your bones will flourish like an herb, and your cheeks will glow with the bloom of health and freshness. Worry, fear, distrust, care-all are poisonous! joy is balm and healing, and if you will but rejoice, God will give power. He has commanded you to be glad and rejoice, and He never fails to sustain His children in keeping His commandments. Rejoice in the Lord always, He says. This means no matter how sad, how tempted, how sick, how suffering you are, rejoice in the Lord just where you are-and begin this moment. The joy of the Lord is the strength of our body, The gladness of Jesus, the balm for our pain, His life and His fullness, our fountain of healing, His joy, our elixir for body and brain.

A.B. Simpson

2011/2/26 13:17

Re:

COVER LETTER from a 2011 David Wilkerson Newsletter

Dearly Beloved:
MANY ASK, "WHY ME, LORD?"
At this very moment, a great number of God's choicest servants are being sorely tested and tried. Maybe you are being overwhelmed right now by sudden afflictions, fiery trials, incredible times of stress. Your trial could be spiritual, financial or emotional.

Perhaps as you read this message, you have convinced yourself that you are under judgment—under the wrath and rod of God. The thought comes to you over and over, that you're going through this because you've failed God. You're in the fire of affliction because he has turned you over to the devil to chasten you. Many ask, "Why me, Lord?"

Beloved, when you are going through the fire or the flood, you dare not trust your own understanding. You cannot reason your way through hard times. Your own thoughts about your testing will deceive you.

The writer of Psalm 66 said, "For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried" (verse 10). He is saying, "This is all God's doing. He has led you into this trial for a special purpose. God is proving you. It is not the work of the devil." No matter what you're going through, you can rest assured that the Lord is behind it. He is testing you, trying you, in order to bring something glorious out of you—and that is a total confidence in his faithfulness.
But then the Psalm writer goes further: "Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins" (verse 11). He says it was God who led you into the net! God laid this heavy burden on you. He weighed you down. Our human understanding cannot comprehend such a thing. Our reasoning tells us, "The devil is trying to kill me. He has put afflictions and great burdens on me. He is trying to shipwreck me." Yet, from cover to cover, the Bible makes it clear that all our purgings and testings come from the Father—not from Satan. "I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy sin" (Isaiah 1:25).

I have stopped asking God why I have to go through such fires and floods—because through them all I am learning something of his ways. God tells us, "Think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice" (1 Peter 4:12-13).

Dear saint, stop trying to figure out your trials. Stop asking, "God, why am I having to endure this battle?" Put aside your human reasoning and rest in this thought: "God is doing something in me. God's hand is in this!" You may not like the testing you're in; it may seem overwhelming. But God has never left you alone in your trial. Even when you feel you've failed him, God is there all the time.
The Psalmist said, "(He) holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved" (Psalm 66:9). He is saying, "God is holding my soul in his life. He will not let my feet slip under me. He is holding me steady until all of this passes." Here is the testimony of those who do not panic but trust God in it all: "Thou broughtest us out into a wealthy [fruitful] place" (verse 12).

Beloved, do not listen to what your fears may whisper to you. Forget trying to understand it all. Just stand still—trust—and see God's hand at work. He will bring you out of it and into a fruitful place. And you'll be burning with a testimony to the utter faithfulness of your God. Hallelujah!

Click here for the rest of this message from the Newsletter - "You Have A Comforter" - maybe, save page to read later - http://www.worldchallenge.org/node/10973

2011/3/4 9:44
ManofGod0000

Re:

My reply to you:

Brother Paul, I want to thank you for the document with the explanation of the storm that Jesus rested in

No bro, I really thank u for this document .

Now here is my next question,

It appears as though I am constantly trying to understand what i am going through. I wake up wondering how difficult the fight will be from day to day, instead of just living. I will survive, i will fight, I will do whatever i have to do to feel and live victorious and smile with face filled with joy.

Happiness is fleeting, i want the joy of Christ from day to day, but it is almost as if there is a cloud blocking the formation of that beautiful smile from day to day, but i find a reason daily to smile, for even my heart to make a nice big smile concerning all that is good and precious in my life.

I shall not be moved, it hurts at times more than others, I am vexed sometimes, I weep, but I shall not be moved, just like a tree planted by the waters, I shall not be moved!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you friends here at SI, I thoroughly appreciate this particular website, the genuine people, the precoius alliance of believers , and the prayers I feel, for my prayers dont quite feel like yours, but i pray anyway, believing in my saviour to make me on that painful and hurtful potters wheel that doesnt seem to spare any of us.

thanks again saints

2011/3/4 11:20Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

Thank the Lord for u all here at SI

2011/3/6 12:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy